Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 18:01:57
Page:  1 
Speed Demons in Detroit! Started by: Sonic on Aug 02, '21 03:05

Sonic zooms out front of the new garage in Bricktown like a bat out of hell, turning his hat backwards and lighting a cigarette, he pulls a rag from his back pocket and cleans some grease off his hands while taking a haul off off his smoke, looking at the masses that have gathered infront of the new shop.

Tucking the rag back in his pocket and removing the cigarette he exhales before starting to speak...  

“Ahh home sweet home, I love this city. You know what makes it just as special as the people that reside here? The expansion in the motor vehicle market, the trade and the opportunity it brings to to make some money. And let me tell ya, we are about elbow deep in that greasy bastard. Need it? We will find a way to get it.   With the business booming we are also always looking for anyone who’s willing to step outside the norm and get their hands a little dirty if ya know what I mean? The shops always open. Feel free to stop by and speak with us anytime.  

A young man walks out from the entrance and hands Sonic a black leather jacket, and whispers something in his ear, Sonic gives him a nod and turns back to the crowd.  

“Sorry ladies and gents, it's been a pleasure - but business calls! Before I head out, I'd like to thank Godfather Bosco on giving us this opportunity. We will do our best to keep the wheels turning, brother.” 

Tossing on his leather jacket and turning to the crowd he flicks his cigarette - making sure the Speed Demons logo with a large head of a blue hedgehog is visible to everyone as he walks back into the shop...

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Lissa had been listening a few steps away from Sonic. A smile was on her lips but her head was racing from the anxiety of all the grease. Shaking her head, she looked up at her boss.

"Congratulations!!! I hope you have something a little less dirty in mind for me there boss man."

Her dress had been cleaned for the occasion and her eyes went big as she noticed all the grease stains all over the place. With a shudder, she made a face, before laughing.

"At least for today, until I find my usual attire. Wild child and all, I couldn't just come out here looking like a hot mess on your big day." Pausing briefly, she looked around the garage. "By the way, did you move my tools? We have so much to do!"

Still laughing, she handed him a drink and left him to his friends so they could congratulate him while she headed off to take care of some business elsewhere.

Report Post Tip

Squirrelly-Dan waddles onto the scene, a brewskie in each hand.  Sonic had hand picked his Squirrelly ass to run wingman tailgunner with the crew.  Simply put, there was no was he was gonna keep up - but nonetheless he was ecstatic to just be a part of the ride.

"Today is a great day for Bricktown.  The expansion of criminal enterprise is always cause for celebration.  I look forward to seeing what you add to the mix, Sonic.  It's my pleasure to be here assisting you!"

Squirrelly-Dan hacks a dart and goes to tend to the produce.

Report Post Tip

"Congratulations Sonic, my friend. I am happy to have worked with you so closely these last few weeks, and even happier that you agreed to take this opportunity to lead within Detroit. Otherwise it may have been me, and we all know that is not ideal for progression. I am confident you will be an asset to our young city, and continue to set a fine example."

Dagda extended his hand in an obligatory handshake, and then flounced off to find some mead.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
The Freak had just stopped in Philadelphia to congratulate one of the men gaining auth to set up, when he was given word by his close friend in the Detroit underground that Sonic had also just received a headquarters of his own, and while this was a rather long and expensive flight it was more than worth the cost in travelling to give out more of his merchandise.

Merchandising, as most people knew, was one of the most important ways for an up and coming superstar to make a name for himself and generate a little bit of buzz. Instead of handing out another boring signed basketball, the Greek Freak hastily scribbled his name on a pair of his shoes and handed them to one of Sonic's bodyguards.

"Make sure your boss gets these and tell him that they're a present from a lowly wise guy. Hopefully he likes them, and make sure that he knows one day they'll be worth a lot once I've made a name for myself."

The sneakers weren't of the best quality, but he had made them himself in an attempt to let more people know about his attempted rise in the mafia and to this day had sold nearly two entire pairs-- if you include a single left shoe that his Grandmother uses as a cigarette tray.

"Oh, and tell him that I said congratulations."

After he gave away the present and said his parting words, he began to bounce his basketball and walk away, having done everything that he had sought out to do.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Speed Demons in Detroit!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL