Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 15:43:18
Page:  1 
Freak's Fits Started by: GreekFreak on Aug 08, '21 19:32

Freak's Fits

The new business's name was easy to come up with once the idea had been fully fleshed out, seeing as how the man was in Detroit and couldn't find any apparel for people of his massive size. Most places either forced you into their small world view on how large clothing should be, and others would custom tailor to your size, but this could take days or weeks from measurements to the inception of the product; which is why the man decided to make a place that did it all in only a few hours.

It was a simple enough concept, you go into the clothing store, and if they do not have a size that you need, you go to one of their tailors and let them know. From there, deep within the recesses of the building, highly qualified workers who were under employ by the mob due to an accrued debt; worked tirelessly to fashion the clothes no matter how tiring or difficult the process was, sometimes they would even work late into the night, to make sure that the 'within 24 hours' promise was met.

Walking into the store, the first thing you would note would either be the low humming classical music that ran 24/7, or the large hulking mannequins that sat at the corner of every aisle and showed off some of the many pieces that could be purchased inside of the establishment for an affordable price.

"Welcome to the Freak's Fits, where even the tall and frightening can have all of the prestige that they deserve." 

He did this, of course, so that he could make himself his own ensemble and finish the look that he so sought after, the type of style and sophistication befitting of a Made Man in the United States mob. It only took a few hours seeing as he already knew his exact size, but the second the store was open, he became his first patron: A large purple suit with dark grey pants would be the first-ever purchase and would assuredly make him pop when dealing drugs or robbing banks.

"Don't forget the bow tie." affixing it to the front of his jacket, he smiled and walked towards the doors, switching the sign from CLOSED to OPEN and letting everyone know that there was a new tailor in town and his name was the Greek Freak-- one of the most influential and best dressed members of the New York mob, bringing his fashion straight to the lovely city of Detroit.

NOW OPEN!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Fluffier had been strolling the streets of Detroit, on some errands in his shipping business and stopping by to say hi to his friend @squirrely-dan who always was around to have a nice chat and a drink with. Somehow that man was able to produce liquor that even agreed with a feline's stomach, weird as it was!!

As he came by the stores, he looked at all the dumb shit humans were buying, jewelry, antiques and whatnot when he saw this one dodgy looking store with a weird name. Intrigued he decided to go in, but as he was about to open the door it was too high for him to jump on. Luckily one of his associates Khali was with him and he gestured to him to open the door and lead the way for his feline boss to follow him inside.

He saw some massive figure getting pushed and pulled into some hideous apparel that was supposed to be a ... purple suit? Well whatever naked they look even weirder in Fluffier's eyes. As he gestured his associate to look for something for himself so he'd look less like a hobo he strolled around, looking for a human to meow angrily at to see if they got anything in his size

Report Post Tip

The hand gesture and slight nod were all that was needed; Khali opened the door and led the way, careful not to trip over the boss as he zipped passed into the lead.

What Khali was keen on would be a dark pin-striped suit and wide collar shirt. But the clothing here was so large and colorful, to say the least. Surely in all of the racks there was a suit of his liking, black perhaps, that held classic design but didn’t shout at the world.

Keeping an eye on Fluffier, as he weaved between racks, Khali was desperate to get out of the now rags he had traveled in the past week, Khali spotted something that would do. Thinking for a moment, maybe some color wouldn’t hurt, as he reached for a purple silk tie.

Report Post Tip

With his new suit on, the man felt like he was exceptionally more charming and powerful than before, which is why when he saw a strange creature lurking in his halls with a man following behind him browsing at his vibrant tie selection; the large muscular, and now quite handsome Freak made his way over to say hello and make sure that everything was up to the high-quality standards that had been set for Freak's Fits, not to mention all of the other businesses under his operation.

"Welcome, welcome! You are Fluffier Tummy, yes? I've heard about your operations in New York." turning to the other man who had never met before, he pointed to the purple tie and smiled. "Yes, that is one of my finest ensemble pieces. I had it flown in from France or Milan. One of those fancy-schmancy cities I've never actually been to." learning from his many years of experience now at opening up businesses throughout the United States that being frank is one of the best ways to disarm a potential buyer and get them to spend more on purchases, the Freak laughed at his own joke and plucked an orange tie from the shelves.

"I personally saw to the creation of this one, no lie, from the silk of over four thousand silkworms that I keep in the basements." stretching the truth a little, the Greek didn't get into any more details than he had to, to keep the illusion alive and grand. While there weren't actually any silkworms in his basement, there were eight very overworked men who put most of the clothes here together. It was their fault for gambling with cash that they couldn't repay on time.

Trying not to oversell, he stopped talking about the products and let the clothes speak for themselves. "If either of you would like to buy something, just let me know: and, Fluffier, everything here comes in extra small if you're so inclined."

Report Post Tip

Mayari wobbled into the store sheepishly, her stilts barely being covered by and poking out from a raggedy curtain she had refashioned into a "skirt". One might wonder -- why is that lady walking on stilts on a perfectly normal Thursday afternoon? Has she gone off the rails? The answer is no, she hasn't gone off the rails because trains scare her and she was on stilts simply because she had decided to stop being short and just be tall. She woke up one day and was done being made fun of for being 5'3 (which is above average in some countries but whatever), so she went to the nearby circus and stole the stilts from one of the clowns.

Now that no one can bully her for her height and she had achieved absolute perfection, she decided to face her biggest tall person problem yet -- finding adequate bottoms that can cover all of her tallness. She had caught wind that there was a store right in her home city that tailor-fit clothes specifically for tall people like her, so she made her way over to Freak's Fits as fast as she can so she can finally make her extravagant social debut as an eight-footer in an outfit that made her feel like a winner. She only fell like 9 times and sprained one ankle on the way to there, which was a win in her book.

As she wandered inside, she was happy to see other tall people inside, which meant she was truly where she was always meant to be. With her peers. With people who saw the world the same way she did. She approached the shopkeep, gaining a bit of confidence as time went by. "I'd like a gown made, please. An emerald green silk gown that falls to the floor. How long will that take, do you think? I'd gladly pay a rush fee if I can get it by next week."

Report Post Tip

While Ford was in Detroit building a line of cars, another man was crafting what could only be described as futuristic clothes. Surely, one day this city would be known as the City of Cloth or something similar instead of anything to do with those noisy automobiles that were slowly taking the streets by storm. Why, just the other day, the Freak witnessed five of those freakishly large beasts on the road at once, and the graceful horse was nowhere to be seen. Sure, there was less shit on the streets now, and it smelled considerably less bad, but, I mean, come on, horsies are pretty cute.

Tangents aside, the point that was being made here was that Freak's Fits was taking the city by storm, and there were cats, men, and even women standing precariously on stilts while pretending to be tall, and if that wasn't a diverse set of characters to send the proof home that he was doing something important here, then I don't know what would be. Speaking of the woman, however, the Freak turned his sights to her as Fluffier and Khali continued to shop for their new wardrobes.

"Extra money, you say?" covering up the sign behind him that says there's no need to rush and everything is always thirty minutes or less, he rubbed his hands together, and you could swear that his eyes turned into money bags for a brief second. "Yes, for only, let's say, forty dollars more, I could have this to you in ten minutes flat." 

Unsure if he could even pull off such a feat, there was a price to pay for trying, and that price was forty dollars. He was certainly confident that his men could craft a long gown in minutes, but the question was if it would be quality enough to withstand being put on; worrying about that fact was an afterthought to the Greek, who at this moment could only think of how he was about to make his very first sale to someone that wasn't him.

Normally he would feel bad about lying, but she was getting stilt markings all over his new floors, and it was going to run him at least ten dollars to get them removed once she left the building. Also, he never felt bad about lying, and that in itself was a lie to bring home the point of how much he actually likes lying.

Or was that a lie too? This wild web was far too much for the Greek to worry about right now, and instead his focus was placed back onto the fact that there was money to be made. He loved money, and that was not a lie. Or was it. Fuck, I'm doing it again. 

Report Post Tip

Catherine had always considered herself one of the better-dressed mafioso that walked the streets of their world. Her typical attire consisted of a below knee skirt, usually black, and a white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. But her signature style piece, aside from her lovely finger waved-hair, were her brilliantly red high-heeled t-strap shoes. She wore them with pretty much every outfit, because eventhough she was dressed for business, she wanted to come off with a bit of fun and flair, to make sure people knew she wasn't a stodgy old-timey stick-in-the-mud like some of those newspaper editors you see around these parts. 

Her heels clicked on the floor of the store as she walked around looking for the woman's section. From one side to the other, she kept her eyes peeled and while there were plenty of male items of clothing, she had yet to spot a single frill, ruffle or even pleat. "excuse me, Greekfreak?" she said as she approached the man, "Where is the selection of clothing for the womenfolk of Detroit?" 

Report Post Tip

For a few weeks now the business had seemingly been running itself, the men toiling away at their hard work while all of the potential buyers came in with dreams of a lovely large set of slacks and left with a pair one or two sizes larger than even they had imagined. Not much had been happening with the Greek, as he stood around the floor ground and played with the mannequins or sat in the back room while watching people exit and enter as they typically did without much fanfare. 

All of this was turned on its head yet again when a woman of a shorter stature entered into the world of large clothing and clothing accessories, something that he had never really thought about until this very particular moment. Seeing as how giants were the common visitor of this remarkable clothes shop, but refusing to turn away money or the prospect of challenging the drapers, embroiderers, and other such clothes workers in his decent and mostly up to code basement.

"Women's clothing, you say? I think that you would be hard-pressed to find a more established draper this side of the Mississippi!" not really knowing which side of the Mississippi that he was on, the man continued to confidently speak about something that he had no idea about, which was one of his many trademarks.

"What kind of women's ware are you looking for, exactly? My... I can personally whip it up for you in great haste." 

The large Greek freak stood there with a beaming smile on his face and waited for some instructions, anything that was cloth-based and could be made would be made for anyone in Freak's Fits. Provided they had a lot of money, of course.

Report Post Tip

The thought of a custom made-to-order ensemble did tickle her, so Catherine decided the place was worth sticking around. "Interesting," she said softly, "well, what is on offer here is rather nice," she moved through the racks and picked up a pair of slacks, which were twice the length of her body, and then moved to the shirts, where she picked up various cuts, and styles. "Do you happen to have a book of fabric swatches?" she asked as she walked back to GreekFreak, her arms loaded with hangers of clothing. 

She set the trousers down first, and then the shirts. "For the trousers, I like the cut and pockets," she told him, "Women's trousers rarely come with pockets, so they are essential." she pointed to each style, explaining her requirements as she went. "These here, if we could make the pant leg a bit narrower, and these, if they could be even narrower, but these I quite like the flowy style..." she carried on explaining how she wanted her terriffic trousers tailored. She probably talked for ages, it was a bit of a stereotype about women and clothing, but all stereotypes were based on some kernel of truth, really. Glancing up at GreekFreak she asked, "Still with me?"

Report Post Tip

He was, in fact, not still with her. Most of what she asked for seemed to edge towards lines of being completely unreasonable. Most of his workers would be a complete flight risk if he gave them scissors; all of the pockets in his clothes were torn by hand to give it an authentic look that you wouldn't find at other clothes shops. 

"Okay, so, well, we have one type of fabric, and that's whatever this is." one of his men quickly rolled out a large spool of silk before rushing back down into the basements below, the door locking behind him. The Greek tapped at the silk and looked towards the woman who he hoped was still willing to buy from him.

"I guess this is silk, yeah? We make very silky clothes. NO WOOL. I tried to keep sheep here and it didn't work out for anyone, plus you know you've got to feed them?" 

Waiting for confirmation that this would be good enough, the man sat down next to the giant mess of silk and rubbed it a little. The feeling was nice on the fingers, and once this stuff was cut into proper clothing it never really retained that glossy feel; without realizing how odd all of this may have looked, the Greek continued with it.

Report Post Tip

Catherine was taken-aback by the mans response. A clothing store that only offered one single type of material? No wonder there was not a ladies section, if this was all that was on offer. Watching him curiously she wondered what on earth this man's deal was. In New York he hadn't been able to find her an office in Philadelphia, and now in Detroit, he couldn't offer more than simple dark grey silk. "Silk?" she said finally, blurting it out with disbelief and a bit of amusement. "Well not the ideal fabric for my line of work, do you have any idea how difficult it is to get ink out of silk?" she shook her head. 

Sweeping her arm across the counter she moved the trousers to one side and then set out two of the button down shirts. "Right, well that changes things just a bit." Catherine said to GreekFreak. "Is it possible to get two shirts made then, much like this cut but one without sleeves, and slightly longer body, and then this one," Catherine pointed to the other shirt, "Looser sleeves, but still with the cuffs, a bit like a pirate shirt but no ruffles." she said. 

Report Post Tip

There were a lot of words being spoken by Catherine, who seemed almost as if she could go on about types of clothing that she wanted for days at a time. The Freak wasn't exactly known as the best listener and his mind was known to wander when someone would talk for longer than a few minutes. This is why, while she spoke, his eyes glossed over towards one of his larger mannequins and the vision of their imagined conversation takes precedent over whatever the lady in front of him was saying.

The mannequin was quite the gentleman, and their conversation was a lovely one. It involved a lot of dancing and at some point, you could tell that it got a bit wild, as the Greek began to sweat profusely while Catherine tugged at some sleeves for some reason. Something about wanting them to be looser? He just nodded while his imagination continued to take center stage.

Just then his eyes filled with rage as the imagined conversation with his mannequin must have been taking a dramatic turn for the worse. His hands were now crumpled into fists, and he walked towards the large white hunk of whatever it was made out of and tugged at the tie that he had placed on him a few days ago, it really made the rest of his clothes pop, but right now he was going to use it to wring his neck.

"Oh, Manny. How dare you say that to me? Oh... uh... yes, I can accommodate everything you'gve asked for." he entered a coughing fit to try to kill that line of conversation once he snapped out of the daydream, his hands still grabbing the tie while he swung back towards the woman who was still speaking. "Yes, I can definitely make you look like a pirate."

"Will you be needing anything else?"

Report Post Tip

Kamarile had been working hard in this family though if she wanted to keep up she needed to start looking the part. It was always hard to find the exact thing she needed, as she was rather petite and busty. She was in need of an upgraded wardrobe. One of her female family members informed her of a place in their city that guarenteed fit within 24 hours. 

Kamarile found the store she was told of it is called Freak's Fit. She walks in and sees all sorts of nice outfits for males as well as females. She heads over to the dresses, and pant suits. Picks out about 3 different out fits in 2 different sizes, she head to the salesman. Kamarile asks, "Hello sir, may I please get a fitting room?" The gentleman looks at her and replies, "Of course, please follow me. Those are some very nice choices, if you have any trouble with the fit please let me know. I will get one of our tailors up here."  

Kamarile tries on each of the outfits, of course they were to long and the tops were either to tight or to baggy if she went to the larger size. So she steps out of the dressing room to find the man a distance away but within eyesight of the fitting rooms in case she had trouble. She waves him over, and says, "Sir as you can see I am short and these are too long and the tops are either too tight or way to baggy. I would appreciate the tailor." She waits for a few minutes and finds that the tailor arrives and she is able to get fitted. They didn't say much just got to work pinning everything and telling her to get into the next outfit.  It took about 25 minutes in all for the 3 outfits to be set. They whispered to the salesman, and he came and said, "Please come back tomorrow around this time, we will do the final fitting and then you can pay for the items once they are to your liking." Kamarile smiles and replies, "Thank you, I will see you tomorrow." 

Kamarile couldn't believe the impressive service, she was looking forward to her new outfits.

Report Post Tip

Carmine was looking for a new suit something that would fit snug and look intimidating he looked around the store for a little bit and then he found it a pinstripe suit that fits snug against his chest with a red tie some golden cuffs some nice black boots he tried it on it fit perfect he then walked up to the cashier and paid for the suit and then walked out of the store.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Freak's Fits
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL