Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 02:54:36
Page:  1 
Universal Mugging Competition Started by: Halligan on Mar 25, '08 13:56
*Halligan walks out onto the streets with a bullhorn*

"I was thinking about starting a universal mugging competition but I need some inout from everyone. Here's how it would work:

1. Put UMC in your profile so everyone knows you are apart of the competition.

2. You can mug/be mugged by any UMC member.

3. Each time you are successful, you would post it in the forum.

4. Send all the money you took to me.

5. At the dealine two people get prizes: The one with the most successful muggings and the one who managed to get the most cash. I will give them each 47.5% of the money you guys sent me (I take 5% for running this thing).

Anyways, I want to here what you guys think about it. Yay or nay? Any improvements? If it seems like there is interest, I will be starting it up shortly.

Thank you."

*Halligan takes a step back and lets the first person speak their mind*

"Yes, you with your hand up. What do you think?"
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
As I listen to Halligan talk of mugging contests, BoogieBear notices my black eye.

BoogieBear: "Talon you plank, how did you get that?"

Talon: "I was mugged, I thought Halligan had details but he's talking about a mugging contest!"

BoogieBear: "HA! You got mugged, I bet it was a 12 year old looking for pocket money!"

Talon: "No! This guy was huge, about this tall!"

I reach my hand as high as I can to indicate the size of the beast that mugged me.

Halligan: "Yes, you with your hand up. What do you think?"

Talon: "What? Me???"

People are staring at me expecting intelligent input, BoogieBear is laughing.

Talon: "I was just showing . . . Well, me and BoogieBear were talking . . .

BoogieBear, in fits of laughter, nudges me and mutters under his breath "Tell them about the 12 year old".

Talon: "Um, I guess I don't care for the idea too much, I'm not a fan of getting mugged."

Looks around to see if that will suffice, seems to have been enough as they're no longer staring at me, I take my chance and head off out of sight . . .
Report Post Tip
* Alf Steps up to hear what is being said*

A good idea my friend, But sadly im not for this either. Whats to say that you get mugged and dont get pissed and press that shiney old wack button? I wouldnt but I cant speak for everyone. I've noticed how short fused people are around here and the littlest thing can cause them to snap. Even though they are in a "Contest" some just dont have the respect to keep it a contest.

I hope this works out for ya and good luck with the contest.
Report Post Tip
Alf, I think the point is that only those with UMC on their business cards are targets to mug, so only people in the competition are mugging each other. Everyone else carries on as normal. Good idea, hope it works out.

I7
Report Post Tip
I agree but even if someone with that title in their profile may be having a bad day. and thats all it takes. I've seen it happen once. If everyone goes by the rules Im sure this will be a great endevour. Thats all I meant.

Good Luck to everyone.
Report Post Tip
eh. good idea but might have minor kinks the need to be cleard up though, so nothing like that does happen.
Report Post Tip
im in lol

each person in the comp should have to carry 10k min at all times though so u actualy get something lol :D
Report Post Tip
1. Put UMC in your profile so everyone knows you are apart of the competition.

2. You can mug/be mugged by any UMC member.

3. Each time you are successful, you would post it in the forum.

4. Send all the money you took to me.

5. At the dealine two people get prizes: The one with the most successful muggings and the one who managed to get the most cash. I will give them each 47.5% of the money you guys sent me (I take 5% for running this thing).

6. Must carry a 5k minimum.

7. No wacking because you got mugged. If you do, you are out of the competition.

These are the updated rules list. I'll give this until the end of the day and then I will be officially starting the competition.
Report Post Tip
Another thing. I will not be mugging people, but feel free to mug me as part of this competition.
Report Post Tip
Valentino

-Mickey-

Both have oined the competition. Come on people.
Report Post Tip
oh hell im in

i like feeling like im a part of something xD
Report Post Tip
"7. No wacking because you got mugged. If you do, you are out of the competition."

I think being killed for wacking someone sponsored might be slightly more of a deterrent. That's just me though.
Report Post Tip
The Grayfox has entered the building.
Report Post Tip
Valentino

-Mickey-

LessThan

Grayfox

These are the players so far. Let's keep signing up people.

You guys can mug me, don't forget.
Report Post Tip
well ill be damed i think i might have to give this ago sign me up :D
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Universal Mugging Competition
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL