Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 12:10:06
HelpDesk's HQ
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Getting to Know You Started by: Kendra on Jul 20, '11 02:52

HelpDesk. We are a group of people that work together, whether directly or indirectly, to help better the community and quality of players- one mobmail at a time. I personally feel that the direction the HelpDesk team will be taking will be an important one. Not only will we be answering mails and the Help Forum, but we will branch out, slowly taking on larger, more exciting projects.

In order for these projects to work, we will need to meet one another and learn to get along with one another for the greater cause- an awesome staff. Forming friendships does not happen overnight, though, and it doesn't happen at all if we don't start by introducing ourselves to one another.

So stop on by; say a few words about yourself. Tell us about your playing career here at MafiaReturns; tell us about your playing experience on other games. Tell us a tiny bit about your personal life. Tell us what your childhood dog/cat/bird was named, tell us what you had for dinner last night. Whatever you feel like stating here, that will help us in forming a closer, more unified front as the HelpDesk team.

----

To start, my name is Erika. My gaming name is Kendra, stemming from one of my first characters on MafiaReturns- Kendra_Trevelli. She was named after a character in a Harry Potter book, which I am extremely obsessed with and therefore am eagerly awaiting the release of Pottermore. I have been playing for just over four years, but it tends to feel like fifty from time to time. I've held just about every position in the game, except subcrew leader funnily enough, had characters of varying ranks and usefulness, and eventually became an employee to Crooked Studios to help with MafiaReturns.com.

The calendar says I'm 25, but I often feel either 16 or 45 (depending on the day). I have the tendency to start a multitude of projects at once, and then fight to finish them by their deadlines. I work best when I'm under the gun. I run no less than 3 to-do lists simultaneously and somehow manage to get all of it done. I swear too much. I have OCD when it comes to re-arranging my DVDs, video games, and books but I don't mind a messy bedroom.

I spend way too much time on online games and console video games. I'm currently transitioning into a new career that I think I'm going to kick a lot of ass at. I talk too much. I'm extremely positive and like to look on the bright side of things, so if you need a pick-me-up come to me. My favorite color is green, but sometimes I think I like pink and blue better. I'm very happy with where I'm at in life. Above all, MafiaReturns.com is slowly sucking out my soul, but I enjoy it. It could be worse. ;)

Report Post Tip

Hmm you sound like an awesome person Erika, well my name is Benjamin, nick name BigBen since 4th grade could be a worse one haha. ugh i first started mafia returns back in 06' i think and ive learned alot and still trying to learn more. im 19 but i can act like im 5 i have ADD and very easily amused. I suck at spelling. I've graduated and Im currently attending a trade school since 10th grade in these fields Welding/Pipe-fitting/CWI(certified welding inspector/ Heavy machinery operator/ and once i have those under my belt i will hold a good paying job long enough to open a few businesses i want to be a entrepreneur like Trumps...

um im from united states if you cant tell yet im a southern gentleman. no there aren't any alligators/crocs in my back yard and no i dont live in a swamp haha im from Louisiana. 3.30hrs from New Orleans. And i feel the south has the best cooking! =D

ahhh games! i love games haha im not a die hard gamer but i do really enjoy them. any one want to hop on Xbox360  Halo/MW2 just ask.

I also play Majic the card game (not much any more), and i used to actually Role Play D&D, Star Wars, etc. not much to do around here haha. 

I love animals and kids also! ugh idk what else to say....

Report Post Tip

Ahhh what to say about myself...

Well I guess I can start with the basics. My name is Sam, I'm 25 though some days (as I think we all do) I feel like an old man. I started my online gaming way back in 2002 on mafia.org, playing under the name Shocker. Unlike popular thought I named myself after the Marvel character in the Spider-Man comics not the hand gesture (that was just a funny coincidence). I continued to play .org until 2004 when the site went down for a period of time while they looked for a new admin/coding staff. That's when I followed my old crew Czylharz/Communita to Injustice. I played there for a few more years until I got the silly idea in my head I wanted to be a "responsible adult" and got a full time job and moved out of my parents house.

After a nearly 6 year hiatus from my hobbies of online gaming, and as the result of boredom due to me new found joblessness I downloaded mIRC and that's when my world changed. Finding some of my old crew members still lurking about in our old family room, they got me to sign up on MR. That's when the magic happened, and I was hooked. MR was similar enough to .org (as intended) I was able to pick it like I hadn't missed a beat.

Along with MR, I also play and administer another online game. I am also a student at my local community college studying Radiological Technology (X-Ray tech).

I'll stop there in fear of rambling on too much and losing your interest.

I am honored to have been given this opportunity and look forward to getting to know the rest of the HelpDesk staff.

Report Post Tip

Well, my name is Heather, I have been playing for 2 years or so.  I started about a week before a huge war that lasted a few days.  I worked as a pro-wacker and I was hooked.  I have played a few other online games, each for strings of years.  I am really really bad generally at console games.  I love Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, but I cant beat it because I can't land an airplane.  I have a Wii, and I like to play trauma team games where you get to complete surgeries.   In MR, I have held all positions aside from Godfather.  I chose the nickname Eve because one of my characters was named EvelinaGallo.

I work as a full time teacher.  I teach 9th an intensive reading and English.  No, that does not mean I can spell things.  Right now, I am enjoying my rapidly diminishing summer vacation.  I watch a silly amount of tv these days... I guess when I get home I feel like dulling my brain :(.  I love House, The Office, Greys Anatomy, Glee, and 30 Rock.  This school year I hope to spend more time reading.  I too love the Harry Potter series, and I enjoy many different fantasy series.  My MR character name was taken from a book series by Robert Jordan called the Wheel of Time.  Fiction in all genres interest me, so if you ever come across a book you can't put down, you should share with me. 

When I was a little girl I had a bird named fruitcake.  My mom had lots of cats that she didn't get fixed, so we always had kittens, and she would never let me name any of them.  Last night for dinner I had cold left over Pizza.

I'm crazy excited to be a part of the team!

Report Post Tip

Hey names Brendon I'm from Sydney Australia. According to my IRC (which I never used before MR) i've been using the free version for around 920days so I guess I've been playing for just under 3years. Had a long break from it though and recently got back into it around January. I've basically been every position except GF. I picked the name waylander because its my most recognised name on MR, I got the name from a David Gemmell book called waylander(funnily enough). He was a crew leader under Adrian then the huge ThomasRourke/Marietta V everyone war broke out (this might be the same war you may be talking about).

Atm I'm studying business management and work in sales for a camping store. I also try to play the stock market occasionally, but I mainly focus on metals not company stocks as they seem to be a more stable bet. I really cant spell very well, if it wasn't for my auto correct I probably wouldn't of even made it past round one of the audition process for HD :P.

Like Eve I love fantasy/high fantasy books so I'm sure we will be swapping recommendations very soon. I'm currently reading book 2 in the 'A song of fire and ice' series which has been made into the TV show 'Game of Thrones' by HBO (extremely well in my opinion). I too am reading the Wheel of Time series but I started on book 2 so I only read a chapter and stopped. I try to read one book at a time but I fail miserably at it, I think I'm currently reading 5 or 6 separate new books and 1 or 2 older ones i've read before.

I'll stop now because I tend to ramble on a bit sometimes, if you want to have a chat with my feel free. If I'm on IRC as just waylander it means I'm free to talk, I tend to change my name if I'm busy or not there. So happy to be part of the HelpDesk team and I hope to work closely with all in the near future.

Report Post Tip

Roll up, roll up! Come one, come all, and let your eyes and ears feast upon the typographical glory streaming from the end of my fingertips, and the aural sustenance provided by my lilting Celtic tones. Alternatively, I could adopt the more subtle approach to my introduction favoured by the less brazen fellow. I think I might do that.

Anyway, pleasure to make the acquaintance of you all. I think I know most of you, at least in passing, but some I know far better than others. My name's Mike, and I'm a Scottish Scouse Southerner, currently residing in Winchester, England. That will all change in a month or so though, when I am off to Gothenburg, Sweden to begin my PhD, researching the physiological and psychological effects of noise. I finished my MSc a few months back, and since then I have been "between academic positions", which no matter how I dress it up is a feeble attempt to avoid calling myself unemployed. I've been working on some papers in the interim, but sadly there's only so much funding around to keep my whiskey cabinet stocked up.

I began playing originally around 3 and a half years ago, when Kendra was lording it over the rest of us as Oliver McTavish. Needless to say, I became somewhat hooked, although I did take a sabbatical for quite some time, returning around October 2009. Since then I've been spending more time here than I care to mention, picking up the dubious honour of being the first person to 1% a Godfather along the way. Was a shame that I meant to miss, but such is life's rich tapestry.

I've always been rather fond of the outdoors, and my hobbies reflect that. I'm a qualified kayak coach (whitewater being my preferred poison, none of that flatwater paddling rubbish), play football, badminton and golf, and love hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking and sailing.

I support Liverpool (football/soccer), London Irish (rugby union), Boston Red Sox (despite not being American, I got hugely into baseball when I spent 2 summers working as a kayak instructor at summer camp in New England) and Hampshire (county cricket).

My favourite colour is dark green, my favourite composer is Camille Saint-Saens, the first album I ever bought was Nevermind by Nirvana, I roll my own cigarettes, I devour books, particularly popular science, high fantasy and the classics (whether it be 18th century Russian literature, ancient Greek epics, English romanticism etc), my first guitar cost me £99 and came with a practice amp, I'm a vegetarian but don't have difficulty eating since I love to cook, I weighed 14 lbs at birth, I wear size 10 shoes (or 11 in the US), I've only ever had one incident where I broke bones (unfortunately they were mine), I love to travel and couldn't live without my passport, I used to be in a post-rock band called Drowning By Numbers, and I despise Cristiano Ronaldo.

Politically, I consider myself left-wing, and to be an atheist rather than agnostic. Although I was an altar boy in the Roman Catholic church as a child. My favourite food is cheese. And finally, speaking of cheese, it's probably time I had a shower.

Report Post Tip

Most people know me well enough to groan at the thought of me adding to an introductions or "get to know me" thread, but I shall persist regardless. Hi.

The name Marco came out of my youthful insistence on using Italian names as I felt this was more appropriate for a Mafia game. It was actually my third name I ever used, but this one kind of stuck. It was also the account that I started using IRC, which is probably why it stuck. I joined MR sometime around 2006/2007 so I've been playing for something around 5/6 years thus far. Not really had a hiatus yet so to speak, I've always been lurking in dark corners of the interwebs and I've been Godfather before - which I probably got the second 1% ever to be recorded on a Godfather. Thanks for taking that away from me there Bammy. I was intending on hitting though, and mine was subsequent to a wackback from the opposing Godfather. I still feel bad for Sayyid, but I can't help getting a warm fuzzy feeling when I reminisce about it.

Real life, my name is Leigh and I'm an accounts handler at a Marketing company in Ashford, Kent in England. I'm a bit of a computer geek and I'm also pretty good at COD, with my ratio on MW3 currently sitting at 2.60 kills per death. I play football when I can (I've been out for two seasons with a fairly serious knee injury, decided it would be a great idea to snap my ACL into two pieces. I wouldn't advise it), and I enjoy a spot of cricket - being the upper class lad that I am.

I'm not really religious, I prefer to believe in scientific explanations of everything but as Bill Bailey once said, "When pressed, most people would choose Jedi". I went to the MR meet for the first time in October/November and had the great pleasure of meeting the people who make the wheels on this game turn and can't wait to go back for more. I refuse to touch everclear again, I'm fairly sure my sinuses still haven't recovered from choking on the 3rd shot out of the pint glass. Thanks Izzy.

Report Post Tip

HelpDesk's HQ
Replying to: Getting to Know You
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL