Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 14:01:26
Page:  1 
Bounders Gin Palace Started by: Utter_Cad on Aug 14, '21 20:44

20's America could be a depression place. Unemployment, black and white images, poorly fitting suits and ridiculous hats.

Something was needed to lift the spirits of these weird, multi cultural citizens.

AND I HAVE THE ANSWER!

Yes sir, come on in to the Gin palace! It isn't particularly macho but a man who drinks gin winks n wins as we say in good old blighty.

Peruse the menu, we have many mixers and Catherine will be all to happy to drink whatever you leave, we call her the minesweeper.

it's not a Gin and tonic, it's a win and tonic.

order up now!

Report Post Tip

Was he being swept into a fantastical palace filled to the brim with intrigue, dragons, princesses, and knights? Stepping through the doors his mind thought about all of the exceptionally cool things that one could find in a palace, only to see that this place was mostly the toads that the princess kissed, and then nothing happened. 

While he was a bit disappointed there did seem to be a lot of alcohol on tap, and so walking towards the bar, the Freak placed a couple of bills down and waved towards the bartender. "Just keep them coming, I don't care what you bring me." he could have used a better phrase of words, but the Freak was never very good with those in the first place.

At least not until he had a few bottles in him.

Report Post Tip

Catherine shoved the letter that was mailed to her in her purse after confirming the address on the building matched and headed inside. Utter_Cad had informed her that his latest and only business venture was now open to the public, and while she had wanted to arrive earlier this week, her usual laziness and procrastination had stopped her. But she was here now, and that was all that mattered, or at least she hoped so. GreekFreak was at the bar, she barely knew the man, but she had seen him around. With a polite nod she took a seat next to him, craning her head around to see if the owner of the establishment was present. He was not, meaning he was probably passed out intoxicated in a dark room somewhere. Which was fine, no problem. 

Behind the bar was a young woman, quite the looker, who came over to take their drink orders. First GreekFreak was given his and then the bartender turned her attention to Catherine, "And what beverage can I get for you, today Miss?" she asked, idly wiping down the bartop with a cloth. While her Boss, Utter_Cad, was no where to be seen, he had a habit of appearing out of no where and surprising her, so to avoid any sort of punishment for standing around doing nothing, she cleaned. Even though there were clearly customers, she still cleaned. 

Catherine gave a small smile to the woman, "Although this is a Gin place, I was wondering if you happened to have any wine? I'd love a Cabernet, if I'm honest." she said to her. There was a drink menu, but she ignored it, as she was certain the list of drinks was incomprehensible puns and riddles and not actually any descriptions of the drinks. Besides, she'd tended bar a time or two, easy drinks were preferred by all bartenders, and what was easier than popping open a cork and leaving the bottle and glass with the customer. 

Report Post Tip

This was a pretty unideal time to realize that he didn't like the taste of Gin, but his poorly thought-out line of "Keep them coming." wasn't lost on the bartender behind the bar who kept surely handing him drinks every time that he downed one. Was he drunk? The man was an imposing figure with a lot of liver, but he wouldn't know how he felt entirely until an attempt to stand up was made, which he had kept putting off since he didn't want to.

When Catherine entered the doors and took a seat beside him, it was even more reason not to stand up. If he fell over in front of others, well then that would be the talk of the town- a local giant felled by a little bit of alcohol. No, it would not do. So instead, he defiantly continued to drink more while his head endured the fuzziness.

"Hello there, lady." there could have been a few thousand lines that would have been better served to start a conversation, but his speech was a little bit affected by everything that had been going on in the past few minutes. Which is when a seventh glass had been placed in front of him, further creating a line between sanity and passing out right here and right now.

"I should goes." 

It was a grand idea, but his legs didn't agree with it. Taking another sip of his tonic, the tall man rested his head against the bar counter and decided that perhaps a small nap was in order.

Report Post Tip

The Bartender retrieved a bottle of Cabernet and turned the bottles label towards Catherine. 

Catherine pretended to be sophisticated and worldly, reading it over. "Ah yes, that is indeed a nice bottle of Cabernet" she said to the bartender with a nod. 

The bartender, who really should have told her her name, quickly got to work uncorking and pouring a small measure into a large glass, leaving Catherine shocked at how small the serving sizes were here. Surly Utter_Cad wasn't that much of a cheapskate to offer such a disappointingly miniscule amount of alcohol to his patrons. 

Apparently her thoughts were clear as day on her face, "No, Ma'am, this is for you to try it and make sure the wine suits your tastes," the bartender said to Catherine, explaining the portion. 

"I knew that.." Catherine said, turning to GreekFreak, "I did, I swear." she took the glass and sniffed it, swirled the liquid inside a bit, sniffed it again before gulping the whole amount down in one go. "That is indeed a nice red wine." Catherine announced. She wasn't one for wine tasting, more of a wine drinker. "Please, leave the bottle" she told the bartender who had re-filled the glass to a slightly larger amount and then moved to leave with the remaining wine. 

"Honestly," Catherine said to GreekFreak as he looked at her, "Any wine becomes good wine if you drink it fast enough." She watched as the man's eyes glazed over and then with a "Oh, oh dear." Catherine saw him try to stand and then give up and hunch over the bar. "Uhhhhhh, Bartender, can we get a glass of water over here for my companion?" She said loudly, getting the woman's attention once again. 

Report Post Tip

The bounder, hung over remembered he'd purchased a gin joint in Detroit only to find his friend dead on arrival

'Well I say, this is rather a rum show indeed.  Poor Catherine, we always said the booze would be the death of her but didn't quite expect this'

ok, now, who's for a gin fizz?'

Report Post Tip

Pete walked in and spotted Utter_Cad he gave him a head nod for a greeting and then took a seat at the bar.  He ordered Gin with grapefruit juice and then Pete downed the drink in one motion and ordered a second and third and smiled.  He had a rough night and then looked at his watch knowing he had a meet and greet in two hours.  He laid his head on the bar looking at his glass as the sun beams showed him an array of lights as he slowed spin the glass around.  He loved the blue and green with a hint of red.  Before he knew it an hour passed by and Pete paid for his drink only because the joint was to a man connected and he didnt need unwanted hassles especially when the cops are already sniffing around and knews his name.  

Report Post Tip

The Cad greeted Peter with his trademark smirk and raised eyebrow and slid him his bespoke Gin beverage across the bar

'Pip pip old boy, good to see you here, tell me, what do the natives do for entertainment in these parts?  I haven't noticed a good old burlesque house around here, could be a business opportunity what what?'

The cad waxed his moustache in a quasi mischievous manner

Report Post Tip

In desperate need of a drink gin in particular, still feeling the effects of her earlier gym session in Chicago,  each muscle twinged and burned more than she had hoped.

Hearing from some reliable resources Detroit was the place to off load some cocaine, purchase some alcohol to onsell over philly way. Pushing the doors open of Bounders Gin Palace, tightening her jacket around her as she walked over towards the barkeep.

"Hi Sir..." in a questioning tone, was that the right way to address a barkeep? 

taking a seat on a stool glancing at the variety of booze behind him.

"What do you recommend to sooth some burning muscles and a shot down ego?"  Smiling warmly at Utter_Cad 

Report Post Tip

The Cad noticed the Norse Goddess Freyja enter the Gin Palace.  Verilly his Dongs were Dinged

'Why helleeeeeeeeeeeeeeau my good lady.  Allow me to purvey you with an imbibement to soother your aching muscles, after all, a young filly as yourself, in post cardio glow needs something to sooth what ails you.  Might I recommend a Rhubarb Gin with hint of creme Englais tonic? I also provide back rubs'

Ding Dong!

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Bounders Gin Palace
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL