Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 13:12:37
Page:  1 
The Observatory Viewpoint and Restaurant Started by: Mayari on Aug 17, '21 12:31

Everyone in Detroit -- perhaps even the whole country -- knew that Mayari was a moon goddess, or so she insists. She would tell the most outrageous stories to anyone willing to listen and she swore up and down that every single one of these tall tales was true. All of her claims, however, seem to fall on deaf ears considering she couldn't really prove anything because she lost all of her powers when she was banished to Earth after calling her brother, the sun god, a "big massive dingus". All she had to show for her past life was her hair, that glowed in the moonlight (which people debunk as a fluorescent hair dye), and her necklace that had a tiny piece of the moon dangling from it (which people debunk as a dried piece of cheese).

Whether Mayari was telling the truth about her origins or if she was just another mental hospital escapee is still up for debate, but that didn't change how she felt: homesick. As soon as night fell, Mayari would sit by her window and watch the moon longingly, wishing she could come back home already. This was the daily little ritual that made her feel safe, but after a while, this proved to be insufficient -- she needed to feel closer to the skies, to see its beauty in its entirety. She first started with binoculars but soon got bored with that, so she then bought a telescope but quickly grew tired of that as well... so idea of The Observatory was born.

In the highest point of Corktown, free from light and noise pollution, lied a nondescript white building with a circular dome on top. It wasn't anything fancy, it could only fit 10 people at a time, and yet it still took months to build. Mayari wanted it to be perfect, sourcing the most cutting-edge telescopes she could get her hands on so she could share the beauty of her former home with the rest of Detroit. She also decided to open a small restaurant in the backyard so that her guests could dine underneath the stars if they wished.

After a lot of adjustments and readjustments, she decided that she was finally ready for business. Sending out flyers to her couple friends who needed new locations to have their dates at and all the local elementary schools looking for new field trip spots to take their students to, she made sure to add an obscene amount of glitter to really get her point across:

(¯`*•.¸,¤°´✿.。.:* ţᕼ𝓔 Ⓞβs𝕖г𝕍ᗩ𝓽𝑜𝔯𝐲 *.:。.✿`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
See the night sky in its full glory.

OPEN EVERY DAY FROM 6 PM TO 12 AM

ENTRANCE FEE: 5 dollars
Make that 10 dollars for kids if they're annoying

INCLUSIONS:
Access to all inhouse telescopes
A meal and unlimited drinks at The Observatory Restaurant

MENU:
 Steak and Fries
Spaghetti Carbonara
Pan-seared Salmon
Chicken Parmigiana
Mediterranean Pasta Salad

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Carmen was having one of those days where she felt sad, depressed and regretful. Perhaps it was the everlasting hangover she felt every single day. She was so used to it, that it didn't even bothered her anymore, except that sometimes, depression came together with the throbbing headaches and the churning stomach. She was lying down on her bed, feeling sorry for herself and thinking what the hell was she doing with her life and her poor battered liver. She looked at the bedside clock. It was 7pm:

"God, i need to get up and find a way to make me feel better." She said to herself, while sitting up and reaching for a cigarette. She was about to light it, but the smell of tobacco made her stomach growl, so she took a shower instead. She brushed her teeth after bath, dressed up and headed to the front door where the loyal bodyguard Sebastian, was always waiting for her. He stared at her while waiting for orders.

"I feel like shit today. Let's go to the pharmacy and on the way i'll think of a place to have dinner." She started walking to the limo, but Sebastian tapped her shoulder and asked:

"Boss, what should i do about the naked man on the floor?" Carmen tilted her head while staring at him and suddenly remembered last night's little party with the young Mike Broderick Jr. A heir of a rich deceased businessman, Michael Broderick, which Carmen used to date too. It's amazing how genetics work, their bodies looked exactly the same, except he was younger and much hotter. She didn't even noticed him lying nude on the side of her bed.

"Just leave him there, i wish to get home and have someone to play with. But let the rest of the security know he's here, so he doesn't get shot by mistake by one of your brainless brutes."

They entered the limo and the driver headed to the nearest pharmacy. On the way, Carmen remembered that Mike told her about a new restaurant located at the highest point of Detroit, where you could have dinner under the stars and there were also telescopes. She wanted to spend the evening alone and to have a good dinner by herself, so after she took some antacid and an aspirine, they headed to The Observatory.

They arrived and the first thing she noticed was the circular dome on the top. The sky was beautiful and amazingly full of stars, also, she could see her beloved city from above. She climbed up a set of stairs and she thought to herself:

"Wow, this place is different from any other place i've been." She congratulated herself for deciding to leave the bed. "I think i'll have dinner first cause my stomach is rumbling, but later i'll have a look at the telescopes." Walking to the front doors, she notices a waiter collecting an entry fee to the observatory and a waitress standing nearby. Carmen said:

"Good evening. I wish to go directly to the restaurant and perhaps later i'll have a look at the telescopes." She signals for Sebastian to pay the man. The waiter takes the money, nods and points to the waitress and says:

"Of course madam, she'll take you to a table right away. Please, enjoy your evening!"

The waitress leads Carmen and Sebastian through a sparkling kind of stone path at the side of the building. Certainly there was another way to the restaurant directly from the observatory, but since she wanted to skip it for now, probably this was the shorter one. There was a modern small fence at the way with some beautiful vines growing on them. When she reached the restaurant, she was very pleased with the place. Sebastian stayed a little far from Carmen, but where he could see her and reach her if needed. She then sees Mayari giving orders to a waiter, it appears. She didn't know that Mayari owned the place. She looked absolutely stunning, her hair glowing. Carmen thought it was best to talk to her when she wasn't busy, so she sat at the corner table and as the waitress hands her the menu, she says to Carmen:

"May i bring you something to drink while you decide what to eat, madam?" Carmen says: "I will have a glass of your best Chardonnay and i've already decided my dinner. I'll have the Steak and Fries, and make that steak rare, please." The waitress answers: "Right away, madam." Whenever she was at a restaurant and there was red meat, she always chooses the meat. There were few things in the whole world that pleased Carmen more than cutting into a soft delicious rare steak.

The waitress returns with the Chardonnay and she fills the glass for Carmen. "Leave the bottle and charge me for it later, if needed." Carmen said. The waitress just nods and leaves. Carmen takes the first sip, lights a cigarette and lets out a happy sigh. She was looking forward to that steak.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Pete was tried he had to do collections and bust a few skulls to ensure people understood that a gang war didn't stop business.  He needed food and a moment of rest.  He walked into The Observatory Viewpoint Restaurant.  He took a seat at a booth away from the windows but it also gave him a view point of the enterance and the kitchen.  He looked over the menu and ordered the steak and fries with a glass of white wine.   

Pete scanned around looking for any clues of trouble or cops.  Not seeing anything that stood out he waited for his food to come.  Then waitress arrived and placed his plate on the table the steak was still siz 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Observatory Viewpoint and Restaurant
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL