Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 01:56:49
Page:  1 
Evie's Short Story Contest Started by: Evie on Aug 20, '21 01:28

Hi gals and guys,

This is my out-of-the-blue attempt to spark interest for a short story contest and I would like to invite all avid writers or for those who want to start getting back into the groove of roleplaying.

I will provide two random words and you will somehow incorporate them into your story.

Many thanks to GreekFreak for the inspiration - let's get these streets flowing!

There will be four other judges who will remain anonymous. You'll earn marks for creativity, originality, spelling and punctuation.

• Must be mafia-related
  • 500 words

1st place: $50,000,000

2nd place: $10,000,000

3rd place: $5,000,000

The words I've chosen are reflection and mug.

I'm excited to see those submissions rolling in and I hope you have fun during the writing process!

Deadline is August 24 00:00:00.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $190,000 Tip

Just to clarify: It is maximum 500 words, and your story should be posted in the streets, not sent to me.

Report Post Tip

MAXIMUM 500 WORDS? Oh god that is a challenge. Question, since I know I'll probably go over the 500 - can I cut the first post off at the 500 and then do a second post with the remaining words should there be any? 

Also, are you accepting donations for additional prizes? I have some Super VIP I've been hoarding for Contests, and I've been far too lazy to even considering putting something together because I am garbage. Absolute lazy Garbage. 

Report Post Tip

Hey Catherine, go for it. 100-300 words above the word limit is acceptable. 👌

Sure! Anyone can choose to donate whatever they like to the prize pool. That is really great of you to suggest. :) Also no - you are NOT GARBAGE.

Report Post Tip

Evie, please. Let me be garbage. I'll send a few things over later today. 

Report Post Tip

You're an amazing piece of garbage. Much appreciated!

Report Post Tip

Oooo I'm in!

Report Post Tip

I’ll give it a go

Report Post Tip

Awesome to see a few entries so far. Haven't gotten to reading any yet as I like to keep an element of surprise for myself (hehe). I can't wait to see more people joining in. :) 

Report Post Tip

hmmm 500 words in 6 hrs !!! Hope I have enough medicine!

Report Post Tip

https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/1702930

Report Post Tip

Damn sorry! look forward to seeing reading the entries though :)  and to see who the winner is

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Results will be posted in 24 hours! Thanks guys. :)

Report Post Tip

Oh, fuck. I thought it was midnight TONIGHT. 

Welp. 

Report Post Tip

I seriously was wondering when you were going to submit. Thought maybe you changed your mind. D: Nooooo.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Evie's Short Story Contest
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL