Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:08:16
Page:  1 
Philadelphia Swings for the Fence Started by: Grif on Jul 22, '11 02:34

Strike three!

The crowd howls as the pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates, Babe Adams, strikes out yet another batter to end the bottom of the sixth inning. It’s a close game. Fans for both the Pirates and the Philadelphia Phillies seem quite pleased with the outcome so far. Going into the seventh inning stretch, the score was tied 2-2.

Can I have another hot dog, please?

Grif asks while he sits behind home plate in the owner’s section with the other city leaders all over the country. It was nice getting together for reasons other than taking care of some threat to their way of life.

He took a bite out of the hot dog and washes it down with some water. The heat was dreadfully hot that afternoon. He wouldn’t drink anything else. Standing up, he takes off his Phillies hat and drops it in his seat. He turns around to address the audience that faces him.

Thank you all for coming today. I know it isn’t one of the most comfortable days out here but it makes for some damn good baseball. I hope you all have enjoyed the drinks and food.  It’s all on me. Just don’t get too crazy with it, alright?

Grif looks over at Crawford who was asking for another beer.

Anyways, I wanted to take this opportunity to formally introduce myself as the leader of Philadelphia.  I am extremely thrilled to be given the chance and I have many plans for the city.  I hope to rebuild this city to its former glory and hopefully restore its name to be as prosperous and successful as the ones you all flew from this morning.    

He takes another sip of his water and continues.

I don’t want to bore you guys and gals with the “thank yous” so I’ll make this quick.  This is now my fourth city that I can call my home and I would like to say that I’m so lucky to have worked with such a large group of individuals along the way. Thanks to everyone, especially to –Premeir and those in the city of New York for giving me a shot.

Grif pauses for a moment and listens to the crowd begin to sing a familiar baseball tune. He smiles, picks up his hat and starts to walk away from the seats.

Again, I can’t thank you enough for coming today.  Enjoy the rest of the game. I must take care of something before it’s too late.

Grif runs out of his section and dashes towards the stairs that lead to the announcer’s box above him.  He reaches the top and busts open the door with his gun pulled.

Give me the microphone.

The nervous man quickly passes it over just as the famous introductory key to “Take me out to the ball game” fills the park. Grif clears his throat and sings.

Take me out to the ball game

Take me out with the Red Team

Buy me some peanuts and crack cocaine

I don’t care if I fry my own brain

Let me root root root for my home city

If they don’t win it’s a shame

For it’s one, two, three stabs and scars

In this thing of ours!

The fans look up at the box confused and upset. The odd lyrics alert the security officers in the park and they make their way towards Grif’s location.  He notices and rushes from the room, screaming

Play ball!

Grif dodges a few security officers before running his way out of the park and to his HQ down the road before the cops could arrive.

Report Post Tip

Caboose spears a security officer and starts throwing rocks at the others

"KILL THEM ALL"

Caboose straps on his helmet and starts head butting everyone!

MadAnt shakes his head as he gets his Jail busting suit on.

Report Post Tip

Monet's old ears hear the familiar baseball tune and he grumbles something about young whippersnappers as he hobbles up.  He leans heavily on his cane, and strokes his beard, his wrinkled eyelids closed as he listens. 

I know that Philly has been empty for awhile now, and I'm glad to see it finally filled. I hope that Philly can grow and become very prosperous under Grif. I wish you much luck. 

The old man tips his beaten up old hat and limps off, humming Mary had a little lamb. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Philadelphia Swings for the Fence
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL