Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 18:33:36
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Don't Cry for me Roman-tina Started by: Roman on Jul 22, '11 23:27

I stand here before you all amazed. My mafiareturns.com career like many before me started in one of the many TR/Marietta vs the world wars. At the time, it was against fridge and I was but a little lhm to then underboss Premier.

It was then that I learned what friendship really is, I watched as Premier moved pro shooters from himself, and his upper structure to protect the Godfathers personal family, laying his account on the line.

The more important lesson here, is that while Premier sat unpro'd with 60 bodyguards. Anyone care to venture a guess on how many people tried shooting Premier? Not a single fucking shot. When there were 3+ guns (That I know of) on the opposing side that would've hit.

Now, we know that the legendary account of Marietta died with 63 bodyguards, during the same war, the same 3 guns that could've hit Premeir, could've hit Marietta. Not a single shot was fired against her in this war either. How can you scream admin cheating, when you haven't even TRIED to kill any of these people? We aren't talking, one or two individuals here. I can name 10 top accounts, which SHOULD'VE died in one way or another, but at the end of the day, no one had the balls to squeeze the trigger.

Historically, we have seen some massive accounts fall. Deimne being the forefront, the power that NY held was immovable, similar to the power that CH has currently. But in the end, he fell.

What about Sho? The immovable force with 411 bodyguards and over 1,000 kills, on countless occasions NY had reasons to attack, but once again, not a single shot.

Again, today I look at Roman's account, and ask. Who's tried? I believe in 2 years, the total is 4? The people that had the opportunity to kill this account, back when Evangeline and TheDean ran the show, decided to let him live. Because of that response, that friendship, Roman is who he is today. There's a saying that one of my personal heroes on here said once. 'To every action, there's a reaction'. Roman is the reaction to TheDean's actions. Don't like it? Go find him, don't accuse a man that I have come to know and love as an older brother.

So, just so we all remember, every shot there's a 1% chance that it will get through, and your response to bringing down a powerhouse account like Roman is to try and out work him? WHAT THE FUCK?! Are you retarded? I'm not going to hand you the keys to the castle, and hand you a plan that would be one of my closet friends downfall, but when he does decide to retire, on his own time I'll let you in on that 'secret'.

Since then, Premier and Billy have stood beside me and taught me everything I know, calming me down when I wanted to start blowing holes in the idiots that wander these streets. Some know that I enjoy a friendship with the player behind Roman, a friendship that has been built on the foundation of this game, and through that friendship I've learned, Billy doesn't merely play this game, when he plays, he lives it. And it's the reason you idiots WILL NEVER beat him.

Looking at the age of the account that this man stands behind I can't understand where the accusations come from. My oldest account to date is 6 months, an account that died with a 625 kills, and 150 bodyguards. If I could do that in 6 months, what could be done in 2 years of activity? What if I was inactive for the first year, and only shot my MIA's? 45 MIA's/month X 12 = 540 kill gun for me to come back to. Not bad.
The amount of money that runs through a Godfather's account, when a city is run properly is absolutely ridiculous. Don't believe me? Get to the top, get a city and I'll teach you.

Additionally, I'd like to answer the idiots who are suspicious of why he's good, and why it would be in relationship to admin cheating. Billy has been playing since '02? If you've been playing the same game for 9 years, and haven't been to the top, it's time to find a new game to play, you fail at this one.

That failure is no reason to sit and accuse a man that has more integrity than any other I've had the privilege of getting to know and call friend. At the end of the day, this all comes down to the 'accusers' not putting in the time, being jealous of those that do, and whining about it constantly.

I'll let you in on a well known secret, this game is about one thing, and one thing only. Time. The older the account, the better chance you have of becoming the next Roman. Being able to build those alliances and stay alive, is what truly matters at the end of the day.

Sometimes, you have to sacrifice friendships to stay alive, you may have to be a cut throat, but hey baby. This is the mafia.

Report Post Tip

As Vagrant's kid, I want to clarify his thoughts...

After re-reading what he wrote, I think it sounds incredibly sarcastic. His statement was meant to simply be that he understand where others are coming from. It's easy to look at those who are close to those who have control of this game and believe that they are getting inside info from said people. I know 100% for a fact that Anita never received special treatment, despite her relationship, and knowing the little I do about Squishy, I know that he's not the type that would give such treatment if had you (or others) asked.

Still, you have to realize that others have worked their butts off on here and never accomplished what you have. Therefore, they will always believe that it takes more than the hard work you mentioned to get ahead in this world.

I hope this clarifies what Vagrant tried to say the first time...he was close to death and didn't take time to type his statement clearly.

Report Post Tip

It does take more than hard work. I'm not about to give away trade secrets but the construction worker and the lawyer might work just as hard as each other but one makes substantially more. You do need the ability to use your intelligence in a way that benefits what you're trying to accomplish and that supports your hard work if you wish to see your long-term goals realized.

Report Post Tip

Except the Lawyer worked a lot harder in high school and college, where as the constructon worker probably partied during high school and dropped out of college if he/she even went at all.

Report Post Tip

Nice generalisation about construction workers there Kriminal...Im sure it was meant in fun though

Report Post Tip

its the same thing everywhere... anyone who does good always has that person standing in back slandering them xD its a way of life... everyone wants what the next person has, and when they cant get it the excuses start flowing lol xD to be honest i would think there is something wrong with the people of this game if they didnt slander u Roman lol just comes with the job description...

Report Post Tip

Roman, I have a quick question... Do you ever sleep man? I have been up at 3 in the morning on a Tuesday and you were on. I have been on for almost a full 24 hours at some sessions and you are on at those times as well. You are insanely dedicated to the city and those that follow you. Roman Empire for life.

Report Post Tip

Roman, I have a quick question... Do you ever sleep man? I have been up at 3 in the morning on a Tuesday and you were on. I have been on for almost a full 24 hours at some sessions and you are on at those times as well. You are insanely dedicated to the city and those that follow you. Roman Empire for life.

That is PROOF that he cheats.

I bet he takes ampetimines to stay up that late!

Report Post Tip

*shakes head*

SO THIS is how you do it Roman!!!

Report Post Tip

Great speach, much respect to you.

Report Post Tip

If Roman cheated and manipulated the game as much as people have alleged dont you think he would of removed the hit on him by killing the hitlister instead of buying it out, or going through the equivalet of the dbx files to find co-conspirators or the person who hitlisted him for the money transfer records to that account if any.

But people will hint, gesture and accuse sadly is the nature of success or lack off for some.

Report Post Tip

It's not the same as before Mr BeachBum. If you kill the hitlister, the hit does NOT get removed... it stays :)

Report Post Tip

yeah but still the other part of what i said also.

Report Post Tip

I read the majority of the opening post, after that it was most likely filled with people brown nosing in order to get some recognition, non-believers, people making shit jokes and then friends. The friends who stand by him to show their loyalty, some may believe in him strongly, other will be there to back him because they are friends, but maybe have that hint of doubt deep down.

This game has been around for many years as did the one before it.

I'll point out one thing before I start being controversial, we are all human, we all make mistakes.

Ive played this game on and off for many many years although I've been on a long break, no doubt some cunt will soon look up my ip and find out who it is I was on past accounts.

Ive been here long enough to know there's been many dodgy decisions gone on in the past, majority of which have gone from my mind now but I'm sure many of you can come up with a few of your own stories, and if you feel upto it, feel free to message them to me as I'd be interested to hear what you have to say.

Anyways, things like people dying but then being informed they will have the same amount of experience of their old account, the stuff what went on when CP were around if any of you recall that? I remember people got pretty pissed off with the way the people in power ran the game those days, so much so the admins got involved in some way or form. There are probably some people that can go into much more details than I, but will most likely be banned, admined wacked or a combination of both for having said something. I remember Fullmetal helping a group of individuals near the start of this current version too, again I can't recall how but I remember distinctly he helped them in some way and then admitted it publicly.

Some of you may say that my points are all pretty much vague and you're probably right in doing so, however it still doesn't mean they didnt happen. I'm sure many people who have played the game can think of one moment or more where there were some bad decisions made by admins or suspicious ones at least.

To round off I think that its bad for admins and staff to play fullstop, the reason being they know how to play the game and how best to use and hone their skills, they therefore have an advantage over the majority of the site.

I'm neither a bitter player nor one that loves the game, I'm simply here for entertainment, I've done all there is to do on this game so I'm not another sulker who never made it to the top, I'm just trying to make a point in reply to what's been said.

Like I said earlier we all make mistakes, Izzy and co have put in a fuck load of work into this game but I would hope that they themselves would admit that they have made mistakes in the past with certain decisions they have made regarding the game.

As a scenario, if a set group of people ruled the game, they killed everyone and kept those they didn't trust below wiseguy, this then led to players leaving the game, would you as admins intervene for the sake of saving the game?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Don't Cry for me Roman-tina
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL