Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 22:39:28
Page:  1 
The Job Started by: Luna on Sep 10, '21 09:44

Luna was certainly aware that she was late.

She wanted to blame it on LA traffic, but secretly she just slept in a little bit thinking she could still make it on time. What a silly lie that was. As the pace of her footsteps became quicker she was able to arrive to the cafe just 3 minutes after the agreed time to meet.

Surely it was no big deal, but in the back of her mind she thought it wasn't a good look especially when meeting someone for the first time to complete an important job.

Luna wore a black blazer over a white singlet paired with some classy white business pants, which hugged her body nicely. She searched around for the person who she would accompany on the task. Given that she had never properly met him, she couldn't remember what he looked like, but her eyes landed on a man that tickled her sense of familiarity.

She approached the man, offering out her hand and smiling.

"Hi, I'm Luna. And I'm hoping that you are... Bruno?"

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

In the flesh, was the infamous Luna. Even though she may have been a tad bit late, it wasn't even enough time for Bruno to have any negative thoughts.

Finally being able to meet her, she appeared just as described by others. Bruno had hoped that his tall 6'0ft stature didn't intimidate her. For a man of his height, he was surely quite tall. At the very table, he was sitting at, he had to look down at her due to his height.  Even as he entered the cafe he had gotten a couple of looks. Bruno felt a tad bit underdressed, opting for a simple pair of black slacks and a grey dress shirt with a grey tie. His simple brown flat cap sat atop of his head. 

Getting up to shake her hand, Bruno gave her a genuine smile. His green eyes staring down at her, his attention kept on her.

As a matter of fact, I am indeed Bruno. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Ms. Luna, I've heard plenty of good things about you

Following with a slight nod, Bruno sat back down across from her. "Here I'll get a drink for ya." Bruno offered as he dug into his left pocket, taking out a small slightly crumpled envelope filled with a small crumpled wad of fives, tens, and twenties. "The cappuccino is definitely one to kill for."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

She smiled, giving him back the same polite energy, appreciating his generosity for paying for her drink. "The pleasure is mine. Well let's get started, shall we?" 

As soon as she sat down, a waitress came over and quickly took her order. She came back within a minute later with a warm cappuccino. Luna raised her brows, impressed. She was definitely gonna make this the usual meeting place for everything. After taking a sip she starts to discuss the details of the job.

"So... since this job has a higher payout than the jobs we usually do, and there is a lot more at stake due to the dangers surrounding this particular task, I think it's wise if we recruit some people to help us."

Luna took another sip, hoping that Bruno would agree with her. Heists weren't exactly a two-man job - in her opinion.

Just as they were chatting, two cops came in. She continued to keep it cool, but she also didn't want to stay at the café for too long in fear they might start asking questions about peoples whereabouts for a crime Luna certainly didn't commit. And knowing she was in the mafia, they would probably try to frame her anyway.

With a look of reassurance, Bruno was glad to see that Luna approved of the meeting spot. Bruno had definetely ran into other les desirable places for a meeting. Before the waitress had left, Bruno was sure to leave a twenty dollar bill in the hands of the waitress as a tip before she returned with Luna's beverage. "Of course, I'm all ears." Bruno told her as he leaned in slightly, taking a brief moment to look over his shoulder before focusing his attention back unto Luna.

Bruno did his best to listen and attentively take note of both the severity and stance of the job that Luna was proposing. Bruno of course didn't and wouldn't have minded another set of hands gettting in on the job. Nodding slightly in approval, Bruno could only smile.

"Sure, some extra hands would be more than benefical on a job like this. I wouldn't mind getting us a couple of people, I think I might know a few for hire's downtown."

Just as the cops had came around, Bruno narrowed and squinted his eyes before he smiled and recoginzed the officers. One of the officers had taken a moment to look around and had of course, seen Bruno. The two only smiled t each other.

"No need to worry Ms Luna. Their on my dime. Officer Gomez and Torelli. They know to stay out of anything we talk about."

With that Bruno shurgged and leaned back into his chair. Taking one last sip of the last of his cappuchino.

"Please do continue, this whole operation is starting to appear evermore interesting."

Luna had been sipping on her cappuccino, completely forgetting for a second that she was actually here for a much more sinister reason than having breakfast. She cleared her throat, flicking her hair behind her shoulders as she prepared herself to focus on the details of the operation.

"Ah, right. Yes well... We should start to recruit our muscle for the job. I know for sure I can work with guns, but having a few strong guys who know how to fight with their fists might be wise to have for that extra protection. What do you think?" 

She watched the two cops from earlier exit the cafe. She had been eavesdropping on their conversation with the civilians for a bit, and turns out they were looking for a missing kid. Luna sat back and relaxed knowing she was in the clear - for now... 

If Bruno liked the idea of hiring muscle, she planned on going with Bruno to meet some people that would be suitable in a heist-type job. She also made a mental note of his mentioning about few for hire's. Luna was sure that they would find some competent people to assist them in no time. There were many people out there looking to make their way up the mafia, and she figured if she gave someone a chance they might be one step closer to achieving their dream.

Luna tilted her head, waiting for what Bruno had to say.

Bruno leaned back into his chair after listening to her suggestion. Such a deadly combination; guns and fists. Altogether in complete dangerous harmony. 

As for the for hires, Bruno went ahead and acquired a small notebook from his back pocket. With it, a small half of a pencil, with no eraser present. Scribbling two names, telephone numbers, and an address, Bruno soon tore the paper out of the notebook. Along with placing it delicately on the table, Bruno nodded toward her.

"Here, these two names, their two men that I trust with my life. They've personally never really showed any interest in our life such as ours, but they're content with their careers as hired muscle and bodyguards." Taking another sip of his cappuccino, Bruno paused before he equipped a cigarette pack from the rolled-up sleeve of his dress shirt. 

Along with the sticks of nicotine, the pack contained a small book of matches, which Bruno took one of each.  Lighting the cigarette and taking a puff, he exhaled softly and away from Luna. The smoke flowing away in a different direction. "Carlo Morretti, and Vincent Malacusso. Two of the toughest bruisers Stonewall incorporated can offer us for this little job."

Inhaling and soon exhaling again, Bruno could only smile yet again. "And we wouldn't have to give them much of cut either once all is said and done." Bruno looked to her for approval. While a tough bruiser like Bruno surely didn't mind being in a tussle on his lonesome, Stonewall incorporated had surely saved his skin in a few fights that Bruno would've never walked away from. 

If anything, the names given to her, were childhood friends to Bruno. The two were die-hard loyal, and for Bruno, they'd pull miracles for far less. "I surely do like where this plan is heading, Ms. Luna. A chance to use my fists sounds surely satisfying."

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Job
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL