Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 00:33:38
Page:  1 
Blood, sweat n ' tears, Welcome to da life of crime kid Started by: Freyja on Sep 10, '21 02:32

Most people scoffed at at my intimidation techniques, I mean one could understand why, some punk kid with fire in her belly yet a pretty face, The boss sent me over to Chicago to tie up some basic loose ends, just dippin' my toes in for a taste to see if I was cut out for this stuff. Drawing back on the cigarette  while leaning against the building of the well known gym of Chicago, observing passing traffic, the streets quieter than normal.

Pulling my red hair up into a ponytail, cracking my neck side to side in attempts to pump myself, unknowing what paces I'll be put through. The gym was highly recommended by a few crew mates along with the boss' bodyguards they trained here on a regular.

A couple of burley men bantered between themselves discussing some sparring...? possibly? what the fuck was that? My eyes widened as I overheard pieces of their conversation, one of the men cocked his brow upon my reaction giving me a curt nod, nervously I couldn't help but grin awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck, flicking the remainder of my cigarette out stubbing it out onto the pavement under foot, clearing my throat I spoke softly.

"Uh you sound like you come here frequently... Would you mind showing me the ropes, I was jus... tryin to build up some courage to go in there" god I sounded pathetic, inwardly I rolled my eyes at myself, my eyes darting between the two men waiting the enter the gym. The slightly smaller framed one appeared more welcoming than the other more brute one, slightly scoffing as he eyed me head to toe.

"We could show ya' round though the owner may prefer pairing you up with a beginner compared to us, we work for a big guy a couple towns over..."  he cleared his throat realizing he may have disclosed too much information, shaking his head slightly pushing the Gym door open.

"Ladies before gentlemen..." he spoke smugly, hint of amusement behind it.

The smell of sweat, dust assaulted my nostrils distastefully, scrunching my nose up looking over my shoulder to no surprise the gent was amused "Name's Seth sweetheart meet me by the bag right up the back by the mirror's, I'll get ya some mitts..."  his name sounded familiar, I'd hear of it, stopping in my tracks giving him a nod coyly making my way over the the bag at the far corner, the thuds and strikes of each connection echoed throughout the gym, grunts and groans of others sparring, sounded like warriors going to war. "Ugh my nerves started kicking in what the fuck have I gotten' myself into?" was a question that frequented my thoughts recently upon that dark alley chat only a short few days ago with the words echoing clearly in my mind "Blood, sweat n ' tears, Welcome to da life of crime kid"  as he slipped a business card to Chicago's most notorious gang that he required some intel on.

Tossing my leather jacker by the wall removing my jewelry gingerly placing them into a pocket, I must look like a deer struck my headlights right now observing fellow gym members,  squatted beside the mirrors only to realize how petite I was in comparison to most here, I'm gunna be swung around like a damn rag doll holy shit, this is why he was amused. Standing to my feet inhaling deeply, nerves pooling closer to the brim. I could just walk out right? disappear without a trace... scoffing slightly knowing I'd be hunted down before I left the district.

My eye's pulled towards a figure making their way over to me, his focus locked in on the tattoo on my forearm " So Freyja right? " a smirk played on his lips, he must've noticed my breath hitch upon the mention of my name, how the... ugh this should come to no surprise right? my shoulders dropped only slightly in defeat.

"Yeah that's me... I ain't even gunna ask how you know that" shaking my head irritation evident in my tone, stepping closer to him, snatching the mits from his clasp.

"Explains why you took so long..." muttering quietly, on a dime my irritation disappeared to sarcasm, cocky, smug, fake it till you make it right?

Seth sighed heavily shaking his head humored yet slightly disapproving the spunk I retaliated with. "We have our ways of working out who we are training... The Gym owner knew you were comin' ya Boss must've called ahead of time, though somethin tells me this was of your choosing not his... am I right?"  his demeanor softening slightly, curious of my response.

"How the..."  inhaling deeply once more to regain myself, it's true, everyone in this god forsaken life reads every recruit like the damn book, ma wasn't kiddin' "Yeah I suppose ya could say that..."  is all I managed to stammer out, slipping my hand into the mits tightening the buckle to secure it firmly.

"Well Frey, I'm happy to help as appears we share the same boss...He's a good man, stubborn, but good, he looks out for his people.. how about we limber up and stretch before you try n' knock me on my ass..."  a sincere smile washed over his face, as he began to warm up by rotating her shoulders while jogging on the spot.

This is how my time here is goin to start, in a damn gym with a man double my size that could snap me like a twig, yet oddly enough... I felt safe.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $1,160,000 Tip

The warm up

Overlapping my dominant arm across my chest stretching out, holding it for thirty seconds, then swapping arms for an even stretch. Noticing a glint of reflection in the man's waist band, instantly I scrunched my brow involuntarily, my stomach dropped for a moment as my mouth went dry, "quick get yourself Frey, guns are the normal remember that" I thought to myself.

"So, once we are warmed up what's the plan?" Adjusting my focus to Seth's face, meeting it with a half met smile.

" Teach me the  old one two..." playfully jabbing the air, shuffling on the spot, a chuckle formed in the man's throat, creating some distance between us, turning towards the bag,  in the boxing stance, bare knuckled. His hands shielding is face as he shuffled on foot building momentum, his breathing matching it, his eyes focused on the bag before releasing a jab, cross combination, I scrunched my face in anticipation of forceful echo's to follow suit, but nothing, just a light tap was produced, clearly a confused expression formed on my face as he turned his head slightly observing my reaction.
" First... we work on your technique before we work on power, come, stand  to the side of me, mirror my stance, with each strike, I don't want the bag to move at all, if it shifts slightly once of us have overestimated... resulting in 10 push ups each time" a smirk formed on his face while holding the bag still motioning me to come stand beside him to mirror his stance.
Resuming my position beside him, observing his stance and posture, drawing my hands up to my face shielding my cheeks. My eyes focused on each of his movements, mimicking them though rigid not free flowing as his, each movement was jagged, stiff, unnatural... then it happened... I hit the damn bag! Fucking hell... I could feel the coolness surround me tilting my head back I sighed ready to slip off my gloves, till he cooly spoke.
"Keep em on and give me 5, each time you hit the bag it's another 5 ontop" I could tell he was withholding a chuckle the cocky prick.

My tongue coated my rubs rubbing them from left to right in attempts to retort with sarcasm, complying I lowered myself in the push up position completing then on my tippy toes while Seth counted each one, christ I could hear his grin through each pronunciation. Once completed we resumed correcting my strikes, positioning, breathing slowly becoming second nature, though I did end on the floor four other times.
Between breaks we spoke a little getting to know each other on a friend/ guard level. Maybe this family wasn't so gruely like others... he spoke  highly of the crew such as CLO  and SatoruGojo though I hadn't had the pleasure to sit down over a whiskey with the men they did entrust me to get some Intel, train up, get some experience under my belt, a taste of what was to come.

Sipping on some water to cool down my burning muscles, I'd fear to see how ghastly I am with the sweat droplets coating my skin, I was completely and utterly spent trying to catch my breath... till once more he challenged me once more.
"Freyja... gotta say I'm impressed six rounds on a beginner and you ain't wavering that's some stamina Miss... ya think you could handle a quick spar with me see if ya can maybe get one to connect..." there was that smirk again,  his tone was enough to taunt me, provoke me even though I'd prefer to be submerged in a bath to cease the burn of muscles I never knew existed, shit I'm taking too long to reply, he may think I'm outta steam, prying my mouth open to reply... before I managed to piece together a sentence he beat me to the punch figuratively speaking

"I know your spent Miss, but I needa be confident to let you roam these streets unpatrolled for the moment if you could rough house a lil to buy you some time,  yanno? Then once yer rested we'll train in a couple days to amp those skills up, really make ya shine..." he sounded... somewhat comforting, soothing even. I couldn't help my body to slouch hunched over crying for a break,  the burn in my arms , core and legs, shit this was more intensive than any other work I've done, my head hung low with the bottle of water in hand, barely audible I reply.

"Sure, If I get even a slight contact you owe me a feed and whiskey...and you take me to a shooting rage to work on my gun..seems fair?" Yeah I was probably mocking slightly, though he seemed to find it refreshing. Tilting my head back to look at the ceiling questioning my life choices at the moment, before hesitation kicked in I stood to my feet grimacing slightly as muscles tightened, Slipping my gloves on tightening the straps once more returning to my fighting stance, a playful smile surfaced, shuffling foot to foot peering through my eyelashes watching him place his very own mitts on... what? No shield? Shit. He began to count down from five, his eyes paned from my face to my feet watching each movement, launching himself towards me with a jab,  quickly I block the punch, "mmph" as I feel slight force behind it exhaling slightly.

Due to my shorter stature, deciding to be bold, ducking in anticipation of what was to follow, a hook. Like clock work he opens up his right side... perfect for a rib shot, furling myself into a ball  protecting my cheek and the soft spot of my head I line up my rib shot, only to feel his elbow connect with my forehead and temple on the way down.

"Aaaagh!" Whimpering I quickly draw back my extended arm to shield my face as I stumble back, tears pricking in my eyes, my breathing no longer calm but rather rapid as the throbbing pain heightens due to exhaustion.

The frustration began to build, he could tell I was off focus, tired, though that was only minor to what may happen to me on the streets, it's not like I was new to a bar brawl or anything. Playing dirty I knew how to do, grabbing objects to my advantage, this though? Was a new chapter. Once the initial shock wore off we began to "dance" around the gym mat calculating our next move.

"Was a good opportunity there... glad ya saw it kid.. I mean Freyja...if it wasn't an automatic response for defence for me I'd say you would've been successful in winding me, sharp eye nice work..." he muttered praisingly.  We both lunged towards each other, jab jab hook, dodge,  duck, repeat. What felt like an eternity, neither of us wavering, calculating movements, he went right I went left, a dance. His movements becoming more assertive, with each step forward, each strike firmer connecting my gloves and forearms, wincing with each hit.... in attempts to reciprocate the contacts, failing dismally.

Reaching the end of my tether of being used as a moving target, the other gent Seth arrived with watched on smug, a growl formed in my throat watching his arrogant ass chewing on gum highly amused, the fuck he lookin at? Taking a couple quick shuffles forward I aimed for his kidneys, full force, my arms upon each strike returned back towards my head to shield any upper attacks.
"Ahh shit you... bit..."  Seth moaned upon the successful contact of my strikes, before I was able to step away I felt a knee wind me with enough force to knock me on my ass "mmmph!"  Slaming my eyes shut in attempts to catch my breath, till I felt heaviness  across my body, in a swift movement Seth straddled me and  connecting a jab to my mouth..."ah fuck!"
Our breathing rapid, clearly both surprising one another.

"You actually got me... nice work sorry I uh... hit you" he rubbed the back of his neck half heartedly smiling as she shifted back offer a hand to sit up.
"Guess we both got some work to do controlling our level headedness eh... ?" Hooking my arms around his to sit up all I could taste was blood... sweet blood, nodding exhausted, hazey eyed.
"So... bout that whiskey?"

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $100,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Blood, sweat n ' tears, Welcome to da life of crime kid
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL