Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 22:20:32
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
An Open Response to Runway Started by: Mr_Kuku on Sep 10, '21 14:16

Mr_Kuku steps out of the limo he travelled in.  He reflects on that which his father and grandfather told him.  He decides NOW is the time, and he begins to address the crowd...

Runway, you want to speak to a descendent of the Kuku bloodline?  You may.  Be advised, the past is the past, and the present is the present.

For me, there is a reason why the wingmirror window is small and the windscreen large.

What exactly do you want?  To gloat?  To provoke?  As the smallminded, spiteful, and simple Tutte, TheBeast, and JohnnyGavin did?

Or do you want to grow with me.  

You see, it seems that the streets have been quiet lately.  Some will be happy with that, some will be sad.

Members of my extended family described their interest in running the Streets, and how it was often a thankless task.  There was little money it, and it could be dangerous.

For me, all I can say is that my interests aren't like those of my father and grandfather.  I'm not interested in fantastic wealth, unassailable power, constant praise for my stewardship of the Streets.  Instead, I want to walk the path of humility, and humble of head and heart.

You see, what does it gift a man if he inherits power, money and influence, but he cannot help his fellow man?

My bloodline have made mistakes.  My grandfather in particular killed many people for no reason.  Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  My kin led crews, cities, called the shots, pointed the finger.  I have no interest in doing any of this.

But I would like to get up a legitimate media empire and use it as a vehicle to help those keen to write but without the ability.

So, RunWay.  Here I am.

What do you way? 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

“I’m not exactly sure what your issue is with Tutte, The_Beast and myself. A question was presented and we answered said question. Not exactly sure how that makes any of us small minded or whatever other insults you’re trying to toss around. Seems like your issue should be with the question being asked at all. Ya know, if you’re actually practicing the humility that you’re going on and on preaching about.”

Johnny stubbed out the rest of his smoke, suddenly losing his appetite for the same thing over and over again, “You’re patting yourself on the back so hard that I fear you might break a bone. All the while, cutting out, glossing over the facts, or completely ignoring them. If you’re going to take the praise that you heap on yourself, you should, at the very least, be able to take was is said back in response. It’s probably more telling that the entire time this family was locked away, no one was out here asking if they were coming back or reminiscing about those things that you’ve built up in your mind. Once the Kuku line was gone, this place was sane. It’s not a coincidence that things get turned upside down as soon as the federal prison doors were opened.” 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

JohnnyGavin, what do you mean by "turned upside down"?  

Report Post Tip

Tutte - why do you live in the past?  Is your present so awful?  What is the matter?  I can help you. 

Report Post Tip

Tutte never live in the past, he always take new measures but when many shitty things has been doing by some he never forgets!

Report Post Tip

“Come on now, Mr_Kuku. No need to hide behind your hollow words. The back stabbing, the lying, the pompous way you act better than everyone. That all followed right on your heels and we can all see it. For someone who has spoken about humility as much as you have recently, I don’t think that this word means what you think it means.” 

Report Post Tip

JohnnyGavin - what do you mean the world turned upside down?  

Tutte - You might well be referring to some ancestors of mine doing some bad things, but what about yours?  If you are of the blood I think you are, a member of your family went rogue and attempted to murder a member of mine, endangering his entire crew whilst doing so.

Both of you: please, I implore you.  Understand that I see your hurt, your pain, even more shame.  You are not to blame.

But you must live in the present. 

Report Post Tip

Tutte - I see the animus within you towards me.  I think it's jealousy.  I think it's resentment, and envy.  I think that these are all vices that could ultimately destroy you.

I wish to help guide you onto a better path.  Will you help me guide you? 

Report Post Tip

“I’m sorry, is the guy who just listed off his “greatest” accomplishments, telling people to live in the present? Is that because you don’t want to talk about why your ancestors were locked away? For someone so dead set on the future, you should probably not contradict yourself like that.”

Johnny laughed lightly, it was getting to be comical at this point, “I guess I have to say it slower, death and destruction follow Mr_Kuku like they are your tail. If you want to keep tooting your own horn, by all means, go right ahead. You’re coming off as whiny and woe is me. Have at it if that’s what you’re going for.”

Report Post Tip

JohnnyGavin: I don't know you.  Or anything about you, save that you took it upon yourself to come onto these Streets and discuss my ancestry. 

That, of course, is your decision.  

I suspect, but I could be wrong, that you are a relative of the late DickGrayson, a Don and CL, whose entire family were wiped out very shortly after a relative of mine returned to these shores.

Did my lineage have something to do with the timing?  Perhaps.  Does this matter?  No.

We are here.  We are now.  If you would to challenge any of the things that I, personally, have done, you may.

If you wish to act out because of some historic hurt you feel your bloodline endured, then, son, I'm sorry.  But that won't help you.

Report Post Tip

JohnnyGavin - you get angrier and angrier and become less and less coherent.  

The truth is that your bloodline hated, with a burning intensity, those you associated with the Kuku bloodline, and have done for generations before Anton and the Commissar.  Your increasingly bitter outbursts simply serve to reaffirm your own simplistic personalised anguish and your historical, genetic, huge chip on your shoulder.

You are unable to say what your problem is.  You never have been.  

Report Post Tip

JohnnyGavin - please be advised that I believe you to be so stuck in the past; so embittered, that it is impossible to reason with you.

For that reason, I am declaring you persona non grata, and consider your ramblings to be the disjointed musings of a psychologically disordered buffoon.

Whilst I feel sorry for you, until you forgive yourself, you will forever be stuck in the sad world that you reside in.

These are my final words to you, son.

I wish you well.

Report Post Tip

Feels it so sad when a man cant be honest and feel shame after all he did, but some thinks what ever they do they can be loved again by all, but the world aint that stupid. Its a very sad way thatt his still try to lur people and think the most are so stupid and dont care when such shitty things that you done in the past which make us that know this just keep on arguing about it.

Respect and honor, two worlds that you dont seem to have in your brain, this is also the last lines I have to you, prove us wrong, well see.

Report Post Tip

Tutte - I believe that in terms of Omerta, and in terms of commitment to the families they were inducted into, the Kuku lineage have been stalwarts.

Respect is earned and my personal honour is intact.  My integrity speaks for itself.

Unless JohnnyGavin, I think that there's some hope for you, Tutte.  You seen marginally less delusional and a bit more able to control yourself.

Can we talk in private? 

Report Post Tip

“So after you privately messaged me, I told you to fuck off, asked you a question in public that you refuse to answer, because well frankly, we all know the answer, I’m the impossible one? Once again, why was the Kuku line locked up? Was it for playing with unicorns and rainbows? Or was it for the rape fantasy that was rattling around in your head that you just had to share? It seems to me, that if this humility that you so constantly preach about was an actual thing, you’d be humble enough to admit your family line’s fuck ups. You really don’t have to answer any of these questions, not like you would anyways, because everyone here already knows who and what you are.”

Report Post Tip

“So your line wasn’t locked away for twisted, disgusting crimes? Ok, I hope the weather in your fantasy world is at least nice. I was hoping that you would have learned a few tricks while you were away but you’re the same annoyance that you’ve always been dressed up in a different name. It’s actually really sad that you couldn’t take your time away to learn and grow.”

Report Post Tip

“You can keep repeating the same bullshit because you are incapable of manning up and owning the Kuku line’s mistakes. Or you could man up and actually admit that you were wrong time and time again. Some of us might even respect you a little for it. Most likely not though, you’ve burned just about every bridge you’ve come across. I wonder if the gods are as tired of this as the rest of us are.”

Report Post Tip
Mr_Kuku, I actually remember your line!
Report Post Tip
@SatoruGoju - pleased to hear it! I'm being harnessed by a pipsqueak, as you can perhaps see.

I wonder if Utter_Cad has anything to say about the noisy little specimen repeating himself at me. This is what I have to say;

JohnnyGavin - please be advised that I believe you to be so stuck in the past; so embittered, that it is impossible to reason with you.

For that reason, I am declaring you persona non grata, and consider your ramblings to be the disjointed musings of a psychologically disordered buffoon.

Whilst I feel sorry for you, until you forgive yourself, you will forever be stuck in the sad world that you reside in.

These are my final words to you, son.

I wish you well.
Report Post Tip

Adalynn could only shake her head as she listened to the ramblings between some silly men in the streets. She had seen the transcripts that One of the gentlemen had referred to and quite honestly had thought it to be more of a horse riding issue. Granted it was written in a broke back mountain kind of way it still shouldn't have create such an angry reaction. She almost felt sorry for the fella, maybe he could use a little of the devil's lettuce to calm him down a bit.

"Mr_Kuku it's so nice to see you again. Mr.Gavin I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you but I wish you well all the same," she smiled and waved as she continued on her way hoping they would find a better way to entertain themselves.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: An Open Response to Runway
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL