Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 12:03:34
Page:  1 
Don't worry, be happy Started by: Sisyphus on Sep 12, '21 23:01

He had fallen into a large gathering crowd, each person staring in wonder at where the man had come from. There wasn't a whole lot in the way of explanation as it seemed to happen from out of nowhere-- as if he had just appeared on paper for the first time, his life being sprung forth by merely words and imagination rather than a mother and father like most of the people had come into this world. Horror fluttered in his eyes while grabbing a tie of a gentleman who was standing closely to him, the unlucky winner of a tug that would send him to his knees while the frightened man stared into his eyes.

"Where am I? What is this?! None of this is real! You're all just figments of imagination in some sort of game! Don't you understand? Get out of here! GET OUT OF HERE!" while he screamed-- the people stared at him with utter confusion. Then before another word could be spoken, they all erupted into nothingness and disappeared completely as if in a cruel twist of listening to his words in the sickest of ways. This is when he would have become even more startled in a world that made sense, but, instead, great ease came over him, and a boulder slowly tumbled by.

"Is none of this real? What am I even doing here?" before he could keep questioning how he came to be, or why, the lovely author created a picturesque New York landscape for him to enjoy. With it, a nice large warehouse now erected in front of him where the gathered men and women just stood seconds ago. Not having any time to fully take in what had just happened, he cautiously crept inside, almost against his own free will.

"Why here? Why now?"

The doors swung shut behind him while he continued to ask one too many questions, and then the inside of the building lit up as if it were a pumpkin and today was the eve of Halloween. Edging closer to a table that had seemingly sprung out of nowhere, he looked down at the book and noticed it was a note from Uncle who had detailed that today was his big move to his very own headquarters. 

"Authed? Yes, it is all coming back to me." while he spoke to himself, a boulder rested itself inches away from him, now acting as a reminder for something that he could no longer remember. "This whole thing is absurd, isn't it? Hey, that's a good name for my gang." with a quick flourish from a nearby chainsaw onto the closest wall to him, he spelled out the words that would now be on full display any time a person entered the headquarters.

The Absurd

While entering in the number to call Uncle, which he could now suddenly remember, his name also quickly rushed back into his mind, as well as many of the memories he had forgotten. This was all very convenient to move the plot along, but beggars can't be choosers.

"So I've found the perfect place for my family. Yes, my family. You authorized this, right?"

It was officially confirmed and Sisyphus hung up the phone. The illegitimate work that he would do would be run out of a very legitimate warehouse that was staffed fully with men paid legal wages and doing very legal work. Nothing here would ever come back to what he did out of his other operations that he spent much less time at, which was exactly how the man liked it. His most proficient members, like agirl and Julius, would help him run his day to day operations here and anyone who wanted to be part of the absurd?

Well, lets just say they would be along for a ride.

"I still don't know why I have this fucking boulder, though."

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $180,000 Tip

*Zeitgeist sat quietly watching as Sisyphus continued rolling that massive boulder up the hill only to have it cascade to the bottom over and over again. He considered all manner of reasons or psychological maladjustment that would possess him to continue this endeavour, espeically as he lost no vigour or desire to continue at any point*.

*Zeitgeist, leaned back in for a moment to pause from the madness unfolding in front of him and turned his gaze skyward as he watched the clouds pass overhead, the light was especially spectacular and the sun licked the various cirrus formations and Zeitgeist smiled for a moment at the beauty he was experiencing. It was also at this point where Zeitgeist imagined Sisyphus looking down from his slippery slope at him staring skyward, and how he might also conclude that him to be equally psychologically damaged for smiling whilst staring aimlessly into the heavens*

*Zeitgeist smirked at first before eventually collapsing into a full giggle and soon after cacophonous laughter*

If nothing has meaning other than what we ascribe to it, then happiness and ultimately meaning can be found in any task if we choose to see it there...

*Zeitgiest strolled over to Sisyphus and asked if he might be able to have a few turns rolling the boulder up the hill*

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Don't worry, be happy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL