Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 04:53:57
Page:  1 
Doncle gets Godfather-ChairmUncle Started by: Sinaya on Sep 23, '21 00:12

It was a bright and sunny day when the time that everyone was waiting for finally came. At first, everyone waited with bated breath for Uncle to get godfather, but after seven years, people un-bated their breath and kind of just waited patiently for the old man to get around to it. The same went for Sinaya, who watched Uncle wake up every day, get a stick of dynamite, and go to @Dagda or @Qui-Gon-Jinn's headquarters for some goddamned reason. At first, she was frustrated and wondering what in the world he was doing but eventually she had just learned to embrace it because the longer he took getting godfather, the more time she can have to plan his big celebration party.

Uncle was no easy man to plan a party for -- Sinaya thought about renting out a big fancy plaza for a ball or maybe have a grand beach party, but none of these really screamed 'Uncle'. It was one day that she watched her crew leader eat 17 hotdogs in succession that she knew exactly what kind of godfather party he should have... and so she got down to business, letting all of New York know and making the necessary arrangements.

As the old man inched closer and closer towards his goal, Sinaya got more and more anxious about the party. And on the day that Uncle came home bloodied after putting a bullet in the existing godfather, she knew that it was finally time and rung all the alarms.

As Uncle took a nap, she got everything quietly set up in the lawn of their HQ. She laid out an assortment of his favourite food -- there were tacos, burgers, hotdog sandwiches, fried shrimp, and even vegetable noodles for the health-conscious atop tables covered with blue or purple picnic blankets, his favourite colour. On one side of the venue, there was also a massive grill where anyone can cook up and barbeque anything they want. Lastly, also present was an endless supply of fruit lollipops and butter pecan ice cream right next to an icebox full of beer, and as Sinaya placed the final lollipop in its place, she took a few steps back to admire her work as the guests slowly started trickling in.

Once everyone who's anyone had arrived, Sinaya creeped into Uncle's bedroom and poked him with a stick to wake him up. It took a while, but eventually she convinced him to get up and follow her into the backyard, where his closest friends and business partners all shouted 'congratulations' in unison.

"I know you're not big on the fancy life and prefer to be lowkey about everything, but this is a milestone you should celebrate with the people closest to you. I tried my best to keep it as simple as possible and don't worry, I didn't cook the food so it's not going to taste horrible." She told Uncle quietly when the surprise was revealed. Sinaya then turned to the crowd and whistled, getting everyone's attention.

"Before we enjoy our little picnic and barbecue, I'd like to say a few words about the man we're celebrating today." Clearing her throat, she looked back at Uncle and smiled warmly. "Uncle, I know that when you set off on this life, you had no intentions of getting where you are now but I can't imagine anyone who deserves this more than you. Despite your crippling lumbago, you work hard, you think critically, and you do what's best for the people around you. I have no doubt in my mind that you will lead New York into a glorious era and we are so happy to be right behind you as you do. Congratulations, Godfather ChairmUncle! We are so, so, so proud of you."

With that, she raised her beer glass and stepped back to open the floor for anyone else who wanted to say something.

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $180,000 Tip

There had been a lot of preparation for Sisyphus to get ready for Uncle's big day. It had felt like months now that the man had been aspiring to be a Godfather, and finally much to everyone's surprise the man had the clout needed to take the big step into the role of running the entire city of New York. Which would be a large undertaking for anyone, but if anyone was large enough to handle it, it was Uncle.

"Is today the day? Today? Really? Are you sure?" after a bit of a back and forth with one of his men, it was confirmed that the Godfather of Brooklyn had been slain and that Uncle and his small group of men and women would now be running things here.

Making his way to where he was told would be a lot of food and festivities-- Sisyphus took a hot dog into his hands, and almost as if he were using it as a microphone he spoke into them before taking a large bite. "Congratulations, Uncle. It was a very, very long road but you've made it and you're living the dream. Now, where's the cocaine?"

Not much more was needed to be said. Uncle was a man of few words and to draw appreciation to that fact, Sisyphus decided not to linger too much on the sappy shit. Especially not during a good old fashioned Godfather themed BBQ. Now that he had finished and was eating one of the hot dogs, he walked over to a few of the people who were arriving, like Julius, and started up a conversation.

Today was a day worth remembering and how could one forget when there's so many types of carbs to consume? 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

When the news came down that Uncle had finally cut down the former Godfather and ascended the rank, it was almost hard to believe. However it didn't take long for Julius to accept it to be true. He always knew Uncle could pull it off if he ever got around to doing it. There wasn't any time to waste. Julius had to meet his Boss and the rest of the gang at the planned location, the backyard of Uncle's headquarters.

Upon Julius arrival he saw that the preparations for tonight's festivities were already complete. Meaning he had arrived right on time. Uncle was due to show up any minute now and would be met with the surprise. As the event went on as planned with Uncle arriving and a few speeches were given, Julius had a gift in hand readily awaiting for the moment to speak up.

"My friend, I couldn't be happier to see you reach this prestigious rank. It's no more than you deserve." 

Julius hands Uncle the gift he had been holding onto since the start of the function.

"Inside is a 1873 Colt Peacemaker Revolver. Engraved and gold plated out. Enjoy!"

Report Post Tip

Unfortunately, Harry couldn't attend Uncle's promotion festivities simply because he wasn't invited. It was an exclusive event, it seemed. Anyway, Harry decided to have a gift delivered to Uncle's HQ a few days later. A box of Cuban cigars, fancy stuff. On the outside of the box, which had been carefully wrapped in dark colored paper, there was a note attached:

Dear Uncle,

I am happy to witness your achievement. Even though you don't know me - yet - I've known about you for a long time. I know you've worked hard to get where you are today, which is certainly well deserved. I also know NY will thrive under your command, and I look forward to be a part of it.

Hope you enjoy the cigars.

Sincerely,

Harry Boulder

Report Post Tip

Andraste tugged at Qui-Gon-Jinn 's arm as they made their way to where the celebration was being held. "Come on, stop dragging your feet." She said to her former Godfather. "You know you want to congratulate him and you can't just hide away being stubborn because you miss my beautiful godly face around the headquarters." Andraste tugged one more time before they reached Uncle and Sinaya at the party. "My deepest congratulations to you both," Andraste said to them. "I know things have been shuffled around and changed, but I have been rooting for this moment since Qui-Gon-Jinn told us that we may see you skulking about the Headquarters, and while it took a lot longer than any of us thought..." Andraste stopped speaking thinking of the millions that the Headquarter repairs had cost her, but then she smiled, "You got there in the end, and it is a very well deserved honor." 

With that she gave a slight nudge with her elbow to Qui-Gon-Jinn and said to him, leaning her head over slightly, "Don't you have a few words?" before smiling sweetly again at the Godfather and his Right-hand, knowing that she was going to get an earful later about these shinnanigains of dragging the man away from his books and precious cats. 

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Doncle gets Godfather-ChairmUncle
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL