Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 10:59:26
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Fundraiser: New Writing Contest Started by: Rocky on Sep 26, '21 13:13

Amelia had wanted to check in to see how the results were coming along, but it quickly became apparent to her that perhaps they had all been played. "Personally, as someone who would have absolutely have won hands down without a doubt, given my magical way with words, I would rather someone get the donated prizes rather than no one getting them." she said to anyone who happened to be listening. 

"Also this is quite fun, ignoring the fact that perhaps none of us will win and that Rocky decided to basically give up his life for whatever money was already in his possession, we're all standing around arguing about bits and things, rather than the bigger issue which is we've all been had." AmeliaGato said with as shake of her head. "Guess thats what we can expect from criminals, eh?" 

Report Post Tip

Lincoln_Lawyer, it remains a matter of fact that you have unlawfully stolen from the prize fund to compensate the unrelated death of a family member of yours (perhaps a ploy to keep the money within your circle? It flows upwards, afterall). Once relinquished, those prize winnings were a property of the writing competition estate, not Rocky's nor EvilClown's nor yours to hand out at any random discretion. You were tasked with safeguarding them for one specific purpose - to award to the winner of this contest - and in that duty you have not only failed spectacularly but you have raised a series of very questionable ethical inquiries into your conduct as a supposed legal counsellor. Not to mention, your Supreme Court story is still total baloney, seeing as you mentioned that the assets sent to the family of LostBoy were liquidated from the forfeiture of Rocky's estate, which would not have included the assets donated by EvilClown to the third-party writing competition trust, of which you were the trustee. It simply does not add up.

Report Post Tip

Eddiemame, as stated here and elsewhere, I was not a trustee of the competition, I was a 3rd party used by Evilclown to hold his donation to be held in bond until they were either awarded or returned to Evilclown. Rocky did not set up a seperate organisation to run or oversee his competition and as such any and all property held by Rocky is legally considered assets of his estate. Following the Death of Rocky, and the effective loss of all donations held by him, it was my legal opinion that the competition prizes were forfeit, unless you are planning on digging him up and shaking him down to recover the lost funds. There was no money held by myself for the competition prize fund at anytime, so any compensation offered to the family of Lostboy will not 'flow upwards' as you claim. 

As i have already stated, as Rocky chose not to hand over the reins of the competition to a 3rd party, legally all assests of the competition are his assests and open to debt recovery by anyone with the means to do so, including digging him up and fencing his jewellery. As the official talent judge, you are quite within your rights to declare a winner, as you are also quite within your right to award any prizes that you hold on behalf of the competition, if anything.

Report Post Tip
I'm an independent observer, but it seems to me that that which was sold - some would say stole - from EvilClown never belonged to Rocky, any more than it belonged to Lincoln_Lawyer

I think the only way to settle this is a sit-down.
Report Post Tip
Lincoln_Lawyer - as LostBoy's son will confirm (like, *of course* you're in touch and this isn't you scamming), he was given a huge pay off and a pension.

So why are you saying he would need anything?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Fundraiser: New Writing Contest
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL