Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 10:05:33
Page:  1 
Press Your Luck Dice Streak Event Tues Oct 5th 00:00 Started by: Squishy on Oct 03, '21 23:09

Press Your Luck: Dice Streak Event!

Starting Tuesday, October 5th @ 00:00

**There are 24 separate rounds, you can play a single all the way up to 24, however many your butt can handle, you do not need to compete all day, there are no all-day total prizes, just individual 1 hour event prizes.**

What is it?

There are 24 separate rounds, each lasting 1 hour. You want to build the highest STILL CURRENTLY ACTIVE win streak compared to others for that 60 minute block.  Every time you dice against House during that hour, it will keep track of your streaks during that hour.  If you win, it +1's your streak.  If you lose, it wipes out your streak and resets your wins to 0.  At the end of an hour, it looks at whoever has the highest current win streak. (In the event of a tie, the earliest takes precedence).

Strategy:

Every time you continue, you risk popping your streak and starting back at 0.  Sometimes stopping when you are in the lead and waiting until/if you get passed is safe way.  Possibly going balls to the wall in the start to rack up a 'no stop until 10!' is a valid strategy. You need to weigh the risk of popping your streak, against the time left to rebuild it, against the chances of getting passed.

WINNERS: The Payout:

Every round, the top 3 people will split a 60%/25%/15% split of the rake of house.  If there are ties, the oldest timestamp wins.

LOSERS: The Payout:

Every round, the worst 3 people will get some pity perks to take the sting away.  If there are ties, the oldest timestamp wins.

CREW PRIZES:

• If an upper (crewleader or hand) places in the top 3 of any round, their entire crew will receive perks on behalf of the upper.
  • If an upper and a member places in the top 3 of any round, their entire crew will receive better and a higher quantity of perks on behalf of the upper.
  • If an upper and 2 members place in the top 3 of any round, their entire crew will receive better and a higher quantity of perks on behalf of the upper as well as 5 man bump in their HQ size.
  • The above crew prizes are null and void if the member was transferred in for this event.
  • The above crew prizes are only valid for existing hands, not a new hand promoted for this event.

Miscellaneous:

If you dice and it is a tie (house and you roll the same thing) - its not a win or a loss and does not change your streak one way or the other, it continues like it never happened.

Any bet accepted from House counts.

Streaks are reset every hour and do NOT match the normal game Streak count, since that is not reset hourly.

Small cash bets would be the safest.

Round 1 starts at 00:00, Round 2 Starts at 01:00, Round 3 starts at 02:00 and this repeats with 1 hour rounds totalling 24.

I Spy With My Little Eye:

Track your friends and foes at the following link: https://mafiareturns.com/comps/dice_2021_10_05/index.php

This is just a beta test so that we can stress test new code.  The above info is valid, but I may augment the prizes with some perks a bit if there are not that many participants to make it a juicy pot. This is a beta test event, consider this just a test run with some prizes, there may be issues.  If you do not want to encounter issues, its advised you do not partake in the beta test event.

Report Post Tips: 15 / Total: $300,000 Tip

Looking forward to this! :)

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
There should be a prize for the highest total wins or loses in the hour also.
Report Post Tip
I won a couple at least.
Report Post Tip
Thank you guys for a wonderful event! I should have all the prizes out in about 48 hours.

This was very fun - although it was more fun last time when my luck was better. Work on that, thanks :P 

I dunno if you're up for suggestions - but I think having a "Pot" show on the peaking page for that round would be amazing and probably a huge motivator for some of us to keep trying even after our fingers are numb from clicking. 

Report Post Tip
Thanks for the event Izzy. Was a lot more enjoyable and addictive than I thought it would be. What started out as “give it a few minutes” turned into hours of rolling dice.
Report Post Tip

Thanks a lot for another fun round of Dice Streaking! I love to streak so much! :D

I also agree with Amelia. The only annoyance is having to check a separate tab and refresh the leaderboard. Having a small window that perhaps just shows the top 3 winners and top 3 losers would be pretty sweet.

Report Post Tip
Solid input guys, thanks.
Report Post Tip

Thanks for a great event again but must cry a bit when I just lose mostly and havent a chance to be in winning streaks  which I cried for, after the event I put a new record and thanks for that damn luck to late lol

Good some have luck and want to say Im just kidding now but telling the truth. Congrats all win-streak winners in this event

That was hella fun thank you :)

Report Post Tip
Have the prizes been past out yet????
Report Post Tip

He said it should be about 48 hours sheesh.. give the guy some time.

Report Post Tip

But yeah would be great to get the prizes before my character dies XD

Report Post Tip
Mikazuki, at least it would give some bonuses on a new run? :)
Report Post Tip

Why... Why are you this way Puzzled. -.-

Report Post Tip
Im a tad off with a few missing pieces.
Report Post Tip
Sorry, things have been hectic, I'll have the prizes out sooooon.
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Press Your Luck Dice Streak Event Tues Oct 5th 00:00
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL