Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 15:58:34
Page:  1 
A Tale of Two Families Started by: SammySoul on Oct 05, '21 15:52

A Tale of Two Families

The smell of sulfer loomed in the air, leaking from the old car battery adjacent to Sonny. The smell stayed long enough to feel as if it had imprinted to the back of the mens brains...

"Please Paulie, I didn't mean to I swear. I was just trying to have a good time!" Sonny pleaded through the strikes that seemed to land in a rhythm similar to a ticking clock..

It had been four days since the three 'baboons' had grabbed him on the street. They didn't look like the typical wise guy types Sonny was used to working with. Instead, the men reminded Sonny of the giovane d'onor his father spoke of in the old country. The modern riff raff starting to take over on every block seemed leagues below the operational capacity of these men. You see, Sonny was the young buck on the block, the real cock of the walk if you will. But Sonny's scope of the world was relatively small even though he was born half a world away, only having came to America when he was just a small boy. He was not used to the ways of the old country or the ways of la cosa nostra.

"It's Paolo you filthy rat." replied the man, striking Sonny even harder than before.

Paolo was as real as they came. Having spent most of his formative years extorting the local vineyards of his hometown, Paolo quickly rose from soldato to the prestigious ranks of the capodecina. To his peers, it was clear that he was next in line to be capomandamento of his district if and when the old man finally kicked the bucket. He wished to be at home with his wife and children overseeing the local rackets he had worked so hard to grow into a prosperous business venture but instead, he was required to deliver a package to the commision here in New York on behalf of the sicilian capo di tutti i capi.

It didn't take long for him to complete the drop. They always seemed to go as planned as long as you greased a few palms first. There was no reason for him to suspect anything to go wrong. He knew after the drop he was to crash in a safehouse for a few days incase any heat stirred up. Then once he was sure the coast was clear, he was to proceed to the port to catch a boat back home. That was the plan atleast.

The docks of the harbor were forever pungent with the smell of the ports daily harvest but were typically bustling with life which made it easy to keep a low profile. Coming into the country was easy, Ellis Island and its lack of a need for papers made sure of that. But, leave the country was a completely different story. He wasn't a known criminal in America, but being an Italian man 5,000 miles away from home brought a certain amount of danger in its own right. Making his way to the ship he handed over his papers and after being delayed longer than he cared to, he knew something was off. Fifteen minutes had passed, and he could see a few blue coats coming his direction.

"RUN..." his mind barked to the point he swore everyone around him heard it. Being a man of lean stature made this kind of work easier, but age was creeping up on Paolo faster than he would care to admit. A few hundred feet of bobbing in and out of foot traffic later and he was clear of the immediate trouble at the dock.

Back at the safehouse, it did not take long for Paolo to have the names of everyone in the room during the drop. And from there it was even easier to find who the rat was.

"Do you know what I have sacrificed for this life?" he whispered in Sonny's ear.

"No! No! I'm so..." Sonny replied only to be cut short by a vicious right hook from Paolo.

"DON'T YOU DARE ANSWER THAT QUESTION!" bellowed Paolo as the veins swelled in his forehead and spit spewed from his upper lip.

Paolo was visibly growing more and more anxious as time passed. The images of his wife and children home alone without any protection from a potential rival family hit job had them sleeping with their matresses on the floor until he made it back. And now, due to Sonny and his fat mouth he wasn't sure if he would ever make it back.

"Listen, I will do whatever I have to. I will make it up to you I promise!" Sonny cried out through the snot bubbles gathering around his mouth.

Paolo regaining composure wiped his mouth and took off his gloves...

"There are rules kid. I am sorry." moving behind Sonny, Paolo drew his .38 revolver and sent three rounds into the back of his skull.

Sonny's now lifeless body hung limp in the chair, blood pooling in the middle of the sloped basement floor. Paolo stopped and shed a single tear. He thought about the life he had just taken, and how in another world Sonny reminded him of himself. But unfortunately things did not play out as they should have.

If Sonny just would of kept his mouth shut instead of boasting to the butcher of the local deli that he was going to be a made man soon. If he would of kept his mouth shut maybe the butcher wouldn't of told the police. If he would of kept his mouth shut, maybe the police would not of tailed Sonny to the drop that day putting this little thing of ours in jeopardy. If he would of kept his mouth shut maybe he would still be alive.

Clearing the room of any evidence he was there, Paolo left a single red rose as a warning to anyone else who dared open their lips.

-SS

Report Post Tips: 14 / Total: $280,000 Tip

A cat comes from under the stairs and her bell jingles as she stares at you.

"Meow,Meow" at you waiting for you to pick her up.

Phoebe is the cat you notice was allies cat looking up at you as she sits and licks her paw.

Report Post Tip

While waiting to assemble his hit squad, Sammy would occasionally lounge on the nearest stoop or stairwell to have a quick smoke.

"Meow, Meow" he heard from a cat that startled him.

"Well hello there! What is your name?" he asked while reaching to scratch behind the cats ear.

Report Post Tip

I lift my head up as a bell and my name tag says Phoebe Tekkadan Witch Cat 

"meow, meow" as my paw touches yours and gives you a vision.

You see a beautiful woman,with brown hair and brown eyes and a red top with a red skirt, she waves at you as you end the vision.

I stare at you with my cat eyes.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Cat and sammy is talking to it I need more wine.

Report Post Tip

Enzo smiled as he walked in seeing SammySoul. As of late Enzo has been really getting to know Sammy, becoming quite good friends even for a boss. He chuckled and approached the group. 

"Hello everyone I am sorry I am late." Scratching his head a moment. "Ah is that a cat?" Confused as ever. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Tale of Two Families
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL