Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 10:40:33
Page:  1 
PP: Mug or Wack? Started by: Athena on Oct 06, '21 01:44

I find myself in a conundrum. Over the multitude of years I have found myself entering and leaving this game, only to return after a while of rest, as I am sure most of you do when you get burnt out. Over the time, I find the old customs, the old ways changing. In this relation, I am talking about pickpocketing. Sure, everyone has their preferences, to let people pick pocket, or to say "hey, stay out of my pockets." Some even leave a blank slate leaving people to not know which way the owner of the pockets is leaning. 

In the past, if someone pickpocketed you without caring what was on your profile, the general custom was to mug. You could get a bunch of cash, or hell, even steal their gun. 

Now, here in the present, I feel we need to discuss the topic of murder. Is it honestly worth killing someone over losing a bit of cash? Especially when that cash is at times, returned.  

In my point of view, the answer is no.

In the past, using your gun against a member of another crew, other than in a duel that was agreed upon, was an act against that crew and in the end started a war, or the person that fired his weapon would be ended by their home crew.

But feel free to argue your point of view below. I am sure everyone has their own point of view on this matter.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I have mugged quite a few people. Not sure that mugging equates to murdering though.

Is it the person who got mugged, that is murdering? Is it the person who mugged doing the murder? I am very confused on which way the murder is coming from.

As far as my experience goes, most people that pickpocket someone understand there is a risk that they may be mugged if they havent spoken to the person they are pickpocketing beforehand. Most people know the risks and potential for being mugged.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Seraphyna, thank you for your question!

Person A pickpockets Person B. Person B mugs back, then decides thats not enough revege and then tries to wack Person A who already paid back the cash as courtesy. 

Report Post Tip

Personally, I don't see any need for trying to kill anyone.

If someone pickpockets you and you aren't a fan, mugging should be enough. If you don't see the person, they got lucky.

In no scenario do I think murder is the right conclusion to anything to do with pickpocketing.

That's just my views though on the situation.

Report Post Tip

I've always looked at it like this: When PPed or mugged, you may react however you see fit relative to your standing in the world. If you're king shit godfather man Stan, chances are you can shoot them for whichever reason you please and no one will bat an eye (at least not in public) - if that's the route you want to go. If you're wally wise guy from down the block, the reaction to you taking such measures is likely to be much harsher.

Trying to assign sitewide "standards" on something like this or implying that there is some sort of moral high ground is naïve in my opinion. This is a mafia game, and as the intro states, "the action is yours, the reaction is not."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
You could make a site wide law quite easily.

This would simply read: follow the City rules.

If, for example, you travel to Moss Side, Manchester and Curly the crackhead has scrawled on the wall "No nicking from pockets aloud. Nick and get hit. Bitch" but you still feel it appropriate to try and catch the Aids from his needles then it would be fair for him to stab you in the neck (then steal your shoes).

That is what city rules are for as far as I can see? For the cities to be diverse.

It would also open up an interesting dynamic. Should a big red from Salford, let's call him Curtis, not like Curly the (blue) crackhead and he has a bigger firm. He might send him a note advising that he better get the bleach out and removal his scrawl. His firm will not be recognising that rule or its authority. Should it not come off then a meet will be called and heads will roll..

It'd all come down to which side of Manchester had bigger bollocks to stand by their laws.

As I said. Perhaps an interesting dynamic instead of a generic rule set like we generally see
Report Post Tip

Personally, I find that it being at least not an automatic death sentence to shoot a mugger makes life interesting

Report Post Tip
Dagda has firmly hit the nail on the head.

I always warn any members that I will not entertain disputes over pickpocketing. Someone picks your pocket, mug them if you like. But you must always consider the consequences of any action you take, even if your action is what you believe to be right, it still might not be wise.
Report Post Tip
Disagree with somethings you said Dagda as you and I both know you being king dick to kill someone who pp or mugged you is a two way street. How many people have been killed for trying to belittle someone else only to find out the person being belittled has friends who are more ruthless. Even if said person was apart of the regime/group in power at the time. Being "The man" works for the public there are players out there daring you to try that shit on one of there friends, an example that comes to mind is Spacemans GF run.

When you decide to wack or mug someone over a pp take two things into account. Are you prepared to die and are you prepared to create drama for yourself longer than necessary. Some people have no chill and every opportunity they get will kill you as a payback.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Over my time here in this world of ours I've come to see many changes in the rulings of pick pocke outcomes. When I fist started off in these streets it was looked at as disrespect if you pick pocketed anyone made and above they could and would shoot you over it for disrespecting someone who out ranked you. So with this many people abided by the tags in profiles and would either ask or just not pick pocket that person. Later down the line the mug feature came out and no longer was the pick pocketing disrespectful as long as you asked and abided by other players wwishes, but if you were to get Pick pocketed and decided to mug that person as retaliation it was look at as a blatent attack in one family and usuly ended with a bullet to the head depending if your crew wanted to settle for one life to keep the family alive or if you wanted to defend your family's honor and break out in war. After this is where CL and GF stopped getting involved with the affairs of pick pockets and it was a respect people's wishes or get mugged what happens happens but no one was sleeping with the fishes for mugging someone. This is kinda where we sit now still yet people don't really care for what people's wishes are only a few of us older mafiosa still send out respectful message asking if it would be fine to PP with payback. Now I'm not saying anyone is disrespectful or anything I just think the common courtesy should be extended as you would want it. Now I personally have not pick pocket friendly in my profile in big letters if someone disregards it and pick pockets me I give them a courtesy message stating my position in the fact and inform them of it happens again I will most likely mug if I catch their hands again. I do this because sometimes people honestly don't see these thing, but enough of the blabbering and lecturing my ultimate position on Pick pocketing is honor so ones wishes if you disregard it and get caught and you get mugged so be it you knew the risky you just weren't as sneaky as you though. V/R ~Forbidden
Report Post Tip

Solskjaer I don't think you can restrict a feature of the game with city ruling. Actually, I'm pretty sure that exact scenario you depicted has been tried and ended rather badly.

Report Post Tip
Depends how you view it I suppose.

The action is yours. The reaction is not.

If you PP in Manchester then you can be shot without reprisal.

That's not limiting a game feature. It's promotion of further game features?
Report Post Tip

I REALLY think that shooting someone over a PP is a huge over reaction and frankly points to a character flaw in the person who kills the pick pocketer.  A good mugging if the person (you) have "Don't PP" in your profile.  Like, absolutely pp them back or mug, but unless this person has a long history of personally targeting you, killing them is a bit much. 

Report Post Tip

All city rules read leaders do not get involved with pickpocketing disputes and advise how to avoid disputes. Years ago I was popped for pickpocketing. Did I think it was extreme? Yes. Could I cry about it? No.  

I believe the action is mine and the reaction is not.

Report Post Tip

I have ran with many crews they tend to avoid those situations. Normally I look at it this way, you take the risk of getting mugged if you put your hands in my pockets and I see it. Now if you wack me because of it, well that shows how petty you are. In all honesty if you don't accept the risk of getting mugged don't pickpockets. 

I had once a higher up from Philly last year who picked my pockets I mugged him. Told me how disrespectful it was that I did that to him knowing that he was a higher up in Philly. I told him you took that risk, that's on you not me. Now what i was not a fan of was I had to pay him back the cash that I mugged and I still lost my 15k. 

Report Post Tip

Speaking of taking a break and returning to things being different, it wasn't. I hadn't thought of this till today I got the hustle that required me to PP. 

Groaning I get it done and as I noticed this thread the other day I decided its a good time to reply. Im not a big fan of PP and always made it my policy to go by the rules of whoever I was playing with. If someone PPed me and had "Will mug" on their profile they should not be surprised to find they got beat up. "with $ return ok" I wait for my $. 

But who are we kidding? I would not think of shooting a player without letting my crew know about it. Anyone who wouldnt isnt considering them and what could boil over onto them.

And I think that says all that needs to be said without saying anything. 

Report Post Tip

mug when young and weak, whack when old and strong, this is my theory. If you make it to the top, you might as well show everyone who you are when they mess with you.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: PP: Mug or Wack?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL