Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 20:03:11
Game Suggestions
2 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Wack Whispers! Started by: Rocky on Oct 06, '21 12:26

What is your idea?

My idea is that a person hears whatever the whisper was to be, even if the shooter misses.  

Has your idea already been suggested in some form or another before? (Check the Suggestions forum for past threads with ideas the same or similar to yours.)

No

What does your idea entail?

That a person would get a notification alongside SOMEONE TRIED TO WACK YOU saying "they said XXXXX"

How can your idea be successfully implemented into the game as it stands?
What major changes would be needed to make your idea work?

I think it would be reasonably easy to code - but I don't know...  I'm not a coder.

What is the positive impact of your idea?

Allows for the shooter and wouldbe victim to say/hear what would otherwise be lost forever.  Adds intrigue and a bit of drama

What is the negative impact of your idea?

Can't think of any, except a burden on the coder

How may your idea affect the rest of the userbase?

I think it would encourage more use of whispers and people to pay more attention to them

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Sounds good to me. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Bumping this idea - anyone any thoughts? 

Report Post Tip

Any other input?  Normally I only put in ideas that receive quite a few replies in support, this doesn't meet that burden, but it also doesnt have any replies against it.... Sooo I leaning towards yes. Any last minute people care to sway it one way or another?

Report Post Tip

Could this be tied into vision/stealth in any way as well? 

Better/worse chance of seeing the shooter/hearing what they say when the trigger is pulled

Report Post Tip

This screams of only being brought up so that JohnFareham can see who he pissed off and is now shooting at him. It’s been well over two years since this suggestion was brought to the table with zero support and this is brought up now?

Seems a bit convenient to be honest.

Report Post Tip

-1, I'm personally against this.

Whispers are a chef's kiss for the attacker. It can be something to confuse the killed, insult the killed, inform the killed, to send a broader message, etc. I think because you're sure whoever reads your message is dead, you are much more emboldened to put something interesting/outrageous in it.

If there is the risk that the victim survives and hears your whisper it brings the following issue with it: Even if you stealthed on the attempt, the victim can use the whisper to potentially identify you.

This makes putting in a whisper risky, which makes it less likely for people to put something interesting/outrageous in there or to even use it at all.

So I think it would only result in more mundane whispers, or even worse, less whispers than before. This is bad because whispers are a mechanic with user-written content, which is cool.

It’s been well over two years since this suggestion was brought to the table with zero support and this is brought up now?

Seems a bit convenient to be honest.

Fareham (besides a recent outlier) has had characters with a low survival-time for a long time. I don't see how the timing is convenient.
We vote the same, but for different reasons.

Wellerman - I'd keep it simple.  Someone tried to WACK! You.  As they tried, you hear them whisper *******'

JamesBaxter - play the ball, not the man.  The assailant might well want the victim to know who it was or why it was.  The assailant could as easily NOT whisper, rendering your point moot.

HenryArold - I think that this suggestion would increase whispers.  People taking a 1% shot would.  People giving pro shots would. People might want to whisper something to suggest it was someone else doing the shooting. 

It's that blank canvas thing - there's an option available and a multitude of options available. Or not. 

I always leave whispers.  Always have done and always will. 

I think once this feature was active, it would prove popular and interesting.  I also think, though Squishy can advise, that this would be easier to code than other suggestions, making life easier for the admins and giving the user base a new feature to play with. 

Report Post Tip

This is a great idea, realistic, unobtrusive and JamesBaxter seems to hate the idea so it is therefore AOK in my book.

Seems to stand to reason that if you hear the whisper if they hit, you would definitely hear it if they miss.  It is a fairly low impact feature as all one would have to do if one did not wish to utilize the feature is to not leave a whisper (which, lets be honest, is the norm around here anyway).

I would also be all for a standardised whisper option, much like the dying breath feature, whereby you could save your whisper to be put out there on EVERY shot you take.

Henry said it all. 

Report Post Tip

Isabella - would you comment on my rebuttal to Henry? 

Report Post Tip

Why would I? You cannot even say ty when gaining a credit that is gifted nor accept an OC invite whilst active.  

Whisper if success:

Warning if failed:

-------

Two fields, both optional, only one is used depending on the outcome.

Does this change any opinions?
Report Post Tip

+1 for me.  I think this option is better than what Rocky came up with.  More choice. 

Report Post Tip

Big ole +1 from me with that change.

Report Post Tip

In terms of realism I thought the whisper was something spoken over your body as you slowly bleed out on the ground? Shots aren't usually fired from a distance where you'd be able to hear someone unless they're shouting, which would just alert anyone around that you're trying to murder someone, surely? 

Report Post Tip

I think we should have one single whisper for any outcome.

I Imagine that you are saying it, as you surprise them and shoot them in the back of the head.

Report Post Tip
-1 cos I think many accounts (new and old) would start shooting at random people and then leave a whisper pretending to be someone else, hoping they stealth and start a war or atleast sow distrust.
Report Post Tip

Yoda - but they can do that now?  And also, even if that was possible, doesn't that just mean that gameplay would have to adjust to meet that new challenge, and isn't that potentially a good thing?

Report Post Tip
stringer To kill you need a good gun, to build that good gun you need to live past 15 days. But with this new change I can make an account and start taking shots at players in 24 hrs, knowing full well I have 0 chance to kill them. This is done so I can leave a whisper implicating another player. This means, all the kuku farehams and what other groups are in this game will start misusing this a lot.

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Wack Whispers!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL