Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 05:23:05
Page:  1 
2nd Assault Started by: Eyzlee on Mar 30, '08 12:13
After walking out of The Babylon Club with a grand or two in my pocket I was feeling pretty good. As I had just won a poker game inside, the pot was small, but victory felt glorious. Just as I was about to cross the street a strong hand pulled my arm into the dark alley. I was pushed up against the wall, foreign hands on my body till they found what they wanted and then they were gone.

A man ran out of the alley, but shock cemented my shoes to the ground. The money was gone, of course the money was gone. I was relieved that's all he took and not anything else of mine. Some of you may ask why I didn't I defend myself; push his body off of mine, kick him where it counted and jab my gun into his ribs? A women my size and a situation that quick the brain freezes up, but it quickly started to function again as I ran out of the alley. I wasn't going to let that bastard get off that easy.

The man was turning around the corner just as I came back into the street. He wasn't running, but his pace was fast. I had to jog to keep up with him as his legs were freakishly long. He had walked into a busy part of town and night was still young. Noise filled the streets as people grazed about like cows and jazz clubs boasted music.

I couldn't take my target down in the middle of a party so I kept my space and my gun ready. The mugger crossed the street and just as I thought I had gotten my chance he approached another man. I slipped in behind a tree and listen to their conversation. It seemed the mugger owed the other man money and what he had stolen from me wasn't enough. The conversation came to new levels as angry words turned into violent bullets. I peeked out from behind the tree and saw my mugger's body lying on the sidewalk, his blood leaking from underneath his chest.

Now the other man had done my job for me, but I still didn't have my money. As this man rifled through the dead guys clothing looking for anything else valuable I caught a glimpse of his face. I recognized it, he was from another mob family. I looked around the streets, the party was still going on about a block down but where I stood the place was quiet. If I shot him and took what was rightfully mine I could just dump his body in a dumpster and no one would ever know.

Instead I brought my gun up, turned from the tree and shot the man in the leg. As the man fell to the ground I quickly ran over to him and pulled his gun from his hands. The wound would keep him from stopping me as I stole back what was rightfully mine. It seems the man didn't like that I shot at him and called me a bitch. I knelt down and punched him in the face. My poor knuckles, they would definitely be black in blue in the morning.

I left the man on the sidewalk, eventually he would decide to move no matter how bad it hurt and find a pay phone. I decided I would join the festivities down the street and ease my aching hand with a few drinks.

Now I know my story was fantastic, best you've seen on the streets in a while, but I also come with a thought. If there is a second party involved in your random mugging then should there be a punishment to the second party if they are caught?
Report Post Tip
At first thought I would say yes. But then it depends on several factors. Is the third party part of another family? If so shouldn't it be taken up with the upper levels? Did the other guy tell his debtor to rob someone to get the money? If yes, then shooting is fair. But the risks of a family war probably aren't worth the risk, if it appeared the third party was nominally involved.
Report Post Tip
I guess it would depend on the situation. This sounds alot like what happend a few days ago. Should I be punished? I think not. I knew someone who mugged you, and they sent me the money. You could have cut your loss their, your money was pretty much gone. Except it was in my hands, I am an honest person. So out of my good nature I kept asking my friend who he got the money from, I finally got an answer and gave you your money back. Then I was treated with a little disrespect even though I did everything I did to help you.

So,

Should I be punished?
Report Post Tip
Depends on what the second guy did, like if he was really invovled yeah the second party should but if he did nothing more but check the locals list for a friend he should not
Report Post Tip
It would really depend on the situation, If the second man had intentionally sent the first to go mug someone he should be punished.

Although, if someone owes money, as is seen in this case, and the second man had no knowledge on how the money is made then he should, under no circumstances be punished. In fact, it would be at his own discretion to send the money back or not. As the money was made by robbing someone, and how many of us rob 7/11's every day.

Leo coughs.

Either way, that money was owed to him, and the man who robbed you is dead, is there much more justice than that?
Report Post Tip
Have I gone mad here or something or have things really changed beyond the beyond. When I last checked my dick this morning it was still there. My balls were there right beside it. Since when do we as mafiosa have to feel the need to GIVE PERMISSION for someone to mug us?

I mean, if someone mugs me, let it be known, I will beat the living crap out of him and leave him eating hospital food for a long long time. Will I kill him? Well, he would deserve it for sure. But then Im a nothing as yet and this is La Cosa Nostre so it would very much depend on how high up the chain of command he was.

If he was high enough up the chain, I would have no alternative than to bite my tongue and say nothing, but that doesnt say I would necessarily forget it. Maybe some day he would be out drunk walking around the town and I would take advantage and roll the fucker over and steal his wallet. Who knows.

But at the end of the day, this is the mafia. it is not springtime in the villa. Its a hard sore life but a life nonetheless that we each bought into by our own free choice.
Report Post Tip
Simon_De_Luca you bring up a lot of good questions and factors are definitely involved. Like Chuckie_Nicoletti over here, the situation between him and I was not looking so bright. Then he did something that surprised me, he sent the money back that his associate had stole from me. So in that factor Chuckie should not be punished as he didn't know what was going on.

Lets say someone mugs you and takes off with a lot of your cash, then later you heard to guys talking about how they took advantage of you in a near by coffee shop. How would you react? Would you still wait for a word from the upper levels or take matters into your own hands and get back what was yours to start with? Is it even worth it to you by this point, a little mug isn't worth this much work is it?

That last question reminds me of the one Leo ended with.

Either way, that money was owed to him, and the man who robbed you is dead, is there much more justice than that?

I think there might be unfinished business dealing with the money that was stolen from you. Even though the guy is dead your money is still not back in your pocket. That money would have likely ended up in your bosses pocket, so not only did the mugger steal from you he also stole from your boss. Just like K-Dawg said we are criminals, why should we let some other guy get our shot and our money?

Obviously you wouldn't be able to get the shot, but you could steal your money back. So do you mug this suspicious guy that just went from wealthy to rich in a split second, do you shoot him in the head or does it depend on other factors? If you were in your home city do you get turf rights to shoot the guy because he's being shady, but if you're in another city should a "polite" mail cover the problem?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: 2nd Assault
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL