Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 07:34:29
Page:  1 
Spirits of Detroit Started by: Genesis on Oct 20, '21 21:31
Genesis lays on the floor as he awoke from a drunken daze and looked at the cracked wooden clock that hung high atop the bar. "Oh shit", he thought to himself. He sprinted up and began making preparations for his grand opening. It was his first business opportunity and he didn't want to fuck it up. He grabbed his cigarette pack from the table, took one out, and lit up to calm his nerves. He took a long drag and begin to tidy up the place.

He got his preparations ready for the grand opening. He walked out of his motel room and took to the streets.  He approached the entrance and walked inside. Walking to the backroom and searching for a bottle Jim Bean, he found a glass. he cleaned it with his shirt, opened the bottle and poured himself a glass. He took a swig and began the renovation.

Spirits of Detroit was just your typical 'go to on a weekend evening to ease the troubles of real life' joint. I ain't gonna bullshit you and say it's some of a kind bar or whatever. The blueprint was pretty simplistic. A layout of tables and chairs make for the center of the dim lit room. The bar spanned across the back with portraits of the New York skyline filling the back wall. The choice of liquor is limitless. You ask for it, we most certainly will have it. He begin unboxing some goods and furnishings and places them in their correct space.

Genesis exited the back room and finished his cigarette, butting it into one of the ashtrays that lay on the counter and headed for the front door. He flipped the Closed sign to Open. He picked up a chair and grabbed the newspaper, kicked up his feet and began reading, awaiting a customer.
Report Post Tip

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, the saying went. There were probably additional sayings that Amelia could apply to herself in this moment, but instead she was realizing she was too angry to drink. Furious, flustered, Flummoxed, and thus she needed to get good and Foxed. She did love a good F word, it would seem. 

Pushing the door open to the Spirits of Detroit, Amelia headed straight to the bar. No preliminaries, pleasantries or politeness. Well, some politeness, she did want them to serve her rather than kick her to the curb. "Gin and Tonic, with lime if you have it." Amelia said while removing her jacket and handbag, setting them on the seat before taking her own seat. 

The bartender must have sensed her mood as he nodded, "Alright, Ma'am." before quickly getting a tumbler, ice, gin, tonic and somehow procuring a lime wedge from under the bar-top out of sight. With the drink completed it was set on a napkin in front of Amelia who had been scowling at her hands, rather than paying attention to what was going on around her. Rookie mistake, but thankfully nothing dastardly happened, instead the magical beverage appeared. 

"Thank you," Amelia said to the bartended, "Please, just keep them coming, I promise not to be a bother and..." Amelia reached into her handbag and rummaged a bit before pulling out a lot folded up bunches of dollars. They were grouped by six, which was an odd way to store money, but she hadn't gotten around to sorting out the chaos of the previous days activities. 

Amelia counted out ten bundles of cash, "Sixty dollars here, for you." she said to the bartender. "Just please keep them coming, let me wallow in my own emotions and should I start crying, get me a water, pretend to give a shit about my problems and call me a cab." Amelia said, and the bartender agreed, moving to the other side of the bar to resume reading the newspaper, occasionally glancing over it to where she sat, drinking and carrying on with all the F words in the world, flying through her head. 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Spirits of Detroit
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL