Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 09:28:05
Page:  1 
Grudges Started by: Cherry_Darling on Nov 04, '21 17:27

Grudges have always been a part of this thing of ours, but the real question is, how long should your bloodline be smeared? 

Depending on the reason you got blacklisted, how long is long enough?  Should it be one and done?  Should your bloodline keep paying for whatever got you wacked, DDd or banned? 

I'm curious to know as one of my ancestors, like, from the old old times, was bloodlined repeatedly due to a personal grudge against her. Eventually it got boring for the other party, but it was pretty tiring to constantly have to resurrect and not know when I'd get wacked again. 

Also, are grudges harmful to the community as a whole?  I mean, if a certain bloodline keeps repeating the sins on their fathers I can see why a grudge could stand for a very long time.  You can't trust someone when their family keeps making the same "mistakes" right? 

But in general?  Like, if the person or people make a considerable effort to actually change their ways, should they be accepted back into the community with the caveat that as long as they keep improving, slowly the grudge will get smaller? 

And no, I am not talking about any particular bloodline.  In the past their have been many people who were immature and eventually got ahold of themselves and started behaving.  I am just wondering in general, how long should a grudge last before it just becomes a parody? 

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $160,000 Tip

I don't really hold grudges, because I don't care enough to keep track of things like that or plot revenge or downfalls. But I can say I had people that I know 5-6 years ago I strongly disliked, and refused to interact with them. When I came back, I just kinda forgot about it and assumed we had all grown older, changed, and life moves on. 

Unfortunately some reminded me rather quickly why I avoided them in the first place, but its not like I'm plotting downfalls. I just use the ignore feature where needed and go about my buisness. I think repeatedly killing someone is just a waste, but I've never been good at this game and assume plenty disagree with me. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I'd say from playing since 08 I really don't hold any grudges as there is no point, 'Damn Marietta'.. JK that was long time ago when I first started playing, I have since let go... I think. Haha, honestly though I don't think there is a single person that I had really held a grudge against for longer than the life of a character. Other than that it just takes to much energy to put that into the world. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I think your bigger problem is beyond whether individuals are still pissed with each other. It's knowing what they are capable of. Knowing how people react to rumours or if they get suspicious. Knowing if they are likely to rogue or are adverse to wars. Knowing if they have limited time to play or can afford an all nighter. In such a small world you're going to get too familiar with everyone's particular style, so whether or not you've got a grudge against them is less of a problem in my mind.

If you're talking specifically about turning around a tarnished reputation, then yeah, it's open for personal opinion. I expect some will maintain the above approach of knowing what someone is likely to do and forever painting them with that brush, honestly it would be stupid to completely believe in "new character, new me". Others might be more forgiving if the situation is a one off, and even further some could offer the opportunity, conditions, environment to turn around a bad rap.

How careful you need to be with a reputation depends on the context. Maybe you've never rogued? Maybe you've never turned your back your crew? Maybe you're great with a gun or are the driving force behind a war room. Maybe you can be trusted with money, maybe you can't.

Or maybe you just don't give a shit and do what you like, as it's convenient for you, building your grudges and burning your bridges as you go. Just remember that charred smell will follow you for a while.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I don't hold any serious grudges.  People won't believe me, but I don't.  I see this as a community, and if any member were in real life need and I could help, I would. 

Report Post Tip

Meh, why worry about what happened in the past unless it happens again? Move on to the future and forget about it because that's how you heal.

Report Post Tip

I don't hold grudges but I do think these are words to consider, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". I have been known to 'doorslam' when the toxicity is so great, someone is bound to get hurt and I want no part of that cruelty (or occasionally it's just stupidity that turns me off and I avoid that person like they have the plague, but that's not a grudge, in my opinion).

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Grudges
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL