Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 02:53:26
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Food for Thought: Not Quite a Suggestion Started by: Mr_Keating on Nov 08, '21 12:41

I was having a read of Lincoln_Lawyer's post and got to thinking.

I find it hard to get an accurate read on how busy or otherwise the game is compared to previous times in history; sometimes it seems pretty quiet, other times it seems like all hands are on deck.  There has also been, for well over a decade, a tendency to reminisce for the "good old days" among the users.  That's natural, human nature.

I think that the advent of the smart-phone has had an effect on some aspects of the game, though.  One of the major strengths of this world is that it is a long-form game.  Some people have used the disparaging term "button-pusher" (or similar) for someone who doesn't particularly develop their character.  

Using a phone to write a thread is much, much more challenging, and creatively restrictive, than using a laptop/PC.  The same goes for sending/receiving messages.  On a phone, brevity is king.

What can be done about this?  I don't really know.   I do know that coding is a labour intensive, highly skilled occupation, and that Izzy's time is limited and already highly demanded of.

Which brings me to the nucleus of another idea which is semi formed and which I'm throwing out there for feedback, in terms of the creative aspect, but also the coding element, which I think could be a nightmare.

I've long thought that some type of RICO type law enforcement element of the game could be fascinating.  a CL (or his members) is getting trigger happy?  They're arrested under RICO and confined to federal prison (as opposed to jail/admin jail) for a period of time (6/12/24 hours etc) whilst they stand trial.  Maybe they escape or bribe to get out.  Maybe a rival crew takes advantage and makes a bid for power during that time.  The imprisoned CL's RHM would have to take the reins, and of course the imprisoned CL has IRC or other avenues of communication to direct his members.

RICO could come into effect when a CL has been in place for a long time as a result of a lengthening investigation, or following a spate of murders, or occasionally just randomly.  And maybe not just CLs.

Anyway, these are ideas, rather than suggestions, so I've been them in OOC rather than Suggestions but won't complain if this is moved to suggestions.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

It probably is more apt for the suggestions forum, but similar avenues of thought have been explored previously and I dont believe there was an interest in the overall userbase to merit expanding in the area you are suggesting. There are other similar MMORPG that have the theme you are exploring and have been somewhat successful, so its not a bad idea, I just dont think its suited to MR.

the element of this game is all about the user being a mafioso and how they grow as that character, having unpredictable NPC elements that restrict/limit the userbase like you suggest just wouldn't be worthwhile. In my opinion, that is.

I do like the road your looking down and would be intrigued to see if someone can maybe take the bones of what you've suggested and flesh it out into something similar, yet different.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Maybe RICO is invoked via the actions of players? Or WS are given to law enforcement? That could be fascinating
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

1.) The new version will be much more phone/tablet friendly. 

2.) Users complain anytime anything is put in place that negatively impacts them that they can not control in some way. The only way to control something like that would be... not be in the mafia? So you'd end up with a bunch of people sitting stagnant doing the bare minimum to avoid a random event. 

Report Post Tip

Maybe the RICO can set in if the CL/GF/GFC/RH/LH has had the position of Cl/Gf/GFC/RH/LH multiple times in a year maybe 2 times in 6 months. This way it would encourage more placing people in the positions that have only had it once or twice, instead of the same old bloodlines always getting to play the roles.

Can't expect people to learn if you don't give them experience. 

Report Post Tip

Not a bad idea Alice, but one that I think would be difficult to code etc

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Food for Thought: Not Quite a Suggestion
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL