Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 00:12:23
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Unlock a City BD Pass for Hustle Points Started by: AmeliaGato on Nov 22, '21 14:54

I don't think this will get as much support as some of my other brilliant ideas - but I'll throw it out there regardless. 

Current issue is my flights from West to East take 12 hours - which is a long damn time to wait if I just want to reply to one or two threads in the business district. 

I propose a new Hustle point sink, where you unlock a "Pass" to a specific city for X number of hours (More than 2, less than 12) where you can see the BD threads of that city and the city you are currently in. 

Pros: 

• Encourages more active BDs, allowing people to actually reply to threads in a more timely fashion, rather than waiting 2 weeks for me to be arsed to fly back to NY from LV
  • Uses up hustle points, as some of us are hoarders and have no where to really use them
    • 1 Pass per day limit
    • Minimum 10 Hustle Points per pass, perhaps additional points depending on "How far" the pass needs to apply

Cons: 

• Possibly being able to see "Active in city" based on people posting. Although very few post enough for it to be reliable or manipulated to benefit. 
  • Encourages people to hole away in their cities rather than getting out and flying about the country 
  • Time to code/implement: Will be used by very few users and if its more than a 15 minute code change it may not be worth it at all
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

This is a great idea, It would indeed create more active posting in the BD.  I'm all for this.  

Report Post Tip

Two thumbs up from me, great idea

Report Post Tip
I go it’s. Going too cost 10 hustel might just. Make it instent not 2 hours have it replace the several million private planes

But it still seems like a wage 10 days worth of points. Just. Because u don’t want to wait. Half a day
Report Post Tip

You don't strike me as the type who frequents the Business Districts for the enjoyment of writing, Mafiatrivia1 so I would assume the feedback is just for the pure pleasure of seeing your own words? 

Now while I agree 10 hustle points is a lot, I get 4 a day & maybe an additional 4 from being active in lounge. So If I feel like writing, Its 2 days to make back what I'm spending in order to maximize my enjoyment in the game. Which I am completely for, seeing as I'm not using the points for anything else. 

Report Post Tip
First off ameliaGato don’t u dare insult me second off no I am entitled to my opinion that I think it’s a lot too spend when you can wait. A few hours when a better option would be to suggest spending 1 hustle to make one. Post on a bd in a. Diffrent city third off my opinion was valid that it’s a lot of points so no I didn’t post. It just to post I don’t even have forum vip. So shut your face
Report Post Tip

Well thats me told, I guess? 

Report Post Tip

As much as I would like to get behind this one, for me I'm against it. Sure it would be glorious to be able to write within a business district while not in that city. There have been plenty of times that I wish I was able to but for me, this shortcut kind of defeats the purpose of having a business districts. If you're able to bypass the need for being in that specific city to write then for me there is no need to have a business district in cities.

Might as well just make it an opened streets version that is just business oriented. Where anyone, anywhere can post.

Not trying to step on toes here, just my two cents is all.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
HOW BLOODYN DARE YOU WOMAN
nah mojito its a valid point. I am thinking of it more as a once in a while purchase, not a daily thing. Its brought on by actually having the urge to write for once but the people posting with me are on opposite sides of the country. Which is why I'd be happy with a once a day 2 hour window.
Report Post Tip

I can see this being abused in wars. 

Report Post Tip

How so Alice? I believe it only allows you to post in that BD for a time, not travel there

I like this idea, my only concern is during warring times it can be a problem but if it’s strictly for BD purposes then why not?

What if there are two plane tickets:

One where you’re going for business which is what we currently have now and it’s current terms

second is a “visitors pass” where you’re there for maybe half the time but you can RP in BD.

I am pretty sure this is what OP suggested but I guess I’m reiterating it. 

Report Post Tip
Terrible idea. With distance currently in place BD could be used to lure someone out there city.
Posting in there without traveling would defeat the entire reason of BD.
Report Post Tip

Am I missing something here? The majority opposed to this seem to think that it would allow someone to travel to another city for the purposes of responding to a post in their business, when in fact it doesn't. Maybe I am mistaken, but it seems to me that the suggestion was simply to allow you to make limited posts in another BD. So, you are in CH, and you get a response to your Business in PH, you can pay the points, post a response (i would suggest a single response is all thats allowed) in PH, but you remain in CH. Thats it, your flight timers don't change, your location doesn't change.  If you want to fly straiggt after and your timer permits it, you are good to go.

Report Post Tip

And I would say the moment you fly you lose the "Perk" as well. 

Basically it boils down to this in my brains

- Fuck, Zeb posted in my NY business but I'm in LV and had 6 hours until I can fly. 

- I know that in 6 hours Zeb is gonna be fucking wankered if I can even be bothered to reply myself

- Oh, I know. I have spare hustle points, I can open up the NY BD threads (perhaps only the ones you have watched if this is such an issue?) 

- Now I can reply to Zeb while he's sober and I give a shit

-Oh we can reply some more

-Oh look the bantz, top class

- More active BD for NY 

~Fin~ 

Report Post Tip

This seems like a fine idea. If it is just allowing you to respond to BD posts in other cities I can't see it causing much harm.

If you wanted to add some restrictions you can make it so people are only able to respond to their own businesses. 

Report Post Tip

Thats it, your flight timers don't change, your location doesn't change.  If you want to fly straiggt after and your timer permits it, you are good to go.

You are indeed missing something. Currently if I wish to reply I have to be in that city. Others are aware of this. These are things you can play around.  

Wizard, yes I am fully aware of how the current system works, my quote that you posted is based on how AmeliaGato's suggestion appears to work. Her suggestion is not to allow people to fly between cities in order to post, but to remain in the city they are in, and make ljmited posts in another city, one which contains a business that they have an interest in, or are mentioned in. From that PoV my quote is entirely correct, if you are in NY, use Ms Gato's proposed perk to post in LA, and your flight timer is zero, then you would indeed be able to fly wherever you like having posted.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Unlock a City BD Pass for Hustle Points
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL