Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 09:28:18
Page:  1 
Decline in activity and a solution. Started by: DocHoliday on Nov 26, '21 16:45

Over my years here I have been seeing a slow decline of normal day to day activity.

What I am saying is that CL and GF who take on a leadership roll seem to become more inactive has their days increase.

It is well known that while in a leadership roll one needs to stay active, if not more active.

Solution:

I think that a high level member of any family that is more active than their CL or GF should have an option of a "HOSTILE TAKEOVER"

MEANING:

This could be done with no lose of life other than the CL, GF and or the challenger.

Yes it could be called a shoot out but because the inactive person is never there how are you going to get them to agree.

I believe it should be on the back of every CL and GF's mind that if they are not active they could be removed by even a family member.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This sounds like it should be in "suggestions," but sure, I'll bite.

While you make a fair point about activity decreasing as age increases, it's not only CLs and GFs that this is true for. Ask anyone who has had an account of 100-200 days; at times it becomes a bit of a drag. Once you've got a bunch of maxed stats, BGs, all but the most difficult achievements, there isn't much to play for. This has been discussed at length in other places, and I believe it is intended to be addressed in the new version of the game.

Particularly right now activity is down in general - not just the leadership - although most of the focus is on them and perhaps that is rightly so. I see several possible reasons for this.

• The holidays - every year activity scales back a bit between November and January, as people prefer to spend time with their families and such.
  • Back end of a "cycle" - the game runs in cycles and has for a long time now. This "regime" has been running things for the majority of the past 4-5 months. Naturally this stagnates the game and turns some people away, it is like that with any regime. At some point, we will all die and some new faces will take over, prompting an uptick in activity and perhaps some returning bloodlines, along with some bloodlines taking a much needed break.
  • The new version - Izzy has said often that the new version will be coming soon. While it's true that your character and stats will carry over to the new site, it's possible some people would just prefer to wait to see it before committing time and work to a character in the current set up.

Now, onto your actual suggestion:

Solution:

I think that a high level member of any family that is more active than their CL or GF should have an option of a "HOSTILE TAKEOVER"

MEANING:

This could be done with no lose of life other than the CL, GF and or the challenger.

Yes it could be called a shoot out but because the inactive person is never there how are you going to get them to agree.

I believe it should be on the back of every CL and GF's mind that if they are not active they could be removed by even a family member.

Frankly, this is a pointless suggestion as the ability to do this already exists. Any high ranking member can attempt to kill their CL or GF and take over the crew. We've seen plenty try, and few succeed, because in general the reaction to such moves is poor. If you shoot your leader you'll probably be shot by their allies, and then labeled a "rogue" to boot. 

It seems like what you're suggesting is an "easy button" that will do the work for you (or the theoretical person doing the coup) and then absolve you (or the theoretical person doing the coup) of any repercussions - and that's just not going to happen, ever.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Well I have seen many Coup attempts happen in R/L so having it in a game is not to far fetched.

I am saying that a simple letter to the other families that a successful coup has replaced the family leader and the family will stay intact could fix the all out message of it being a rogue.

Not all shots are done by rogues in an attempt for change.

Report Post Tip

And the ability to send that letter also already exists. What I'm saying is all of what you're suggesting is possible, but asking for a button to be hard-coded in to make it seem "official" is unlikely to be accepted. The coders are focused on the new version and historically have shied away from coding in things like this that could already be done by players using features that already exist such as wack and mobmail.

I'm not trying to debate what is and is not a rogue here, just stating that historically speaking if you kill your leader people will label you as rogue. It is what it is.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

True what you say is a fact....but how can we curb the inactivity of people in general. The CL and GF have the ability to drop or wack an inactive person, so in turn the same should be able to be done to a CL or GF.

To me it is simple. When you take on the hat of CL and GF you are also saying that you will be around to help the families you are leading. How can you do that if you are not here.

This has been an alarming trend and it is only getting worse. I hope something in the new version of the game will have something to cover this issue.

Maybe it could be as simple as the game dropping the CL or GF from their status and making the RHM the new leader until the CL or GF becomes more active again.

Report Post Tip
The RHM/LHM should have the ability to attempt to topple/depose/demote/disarm their boss.

It would make life interesting and keep the crew intact. Also realistic as the earners in a crew don't care who's in charge generally.

But then again, he who wields the knife rarely wears the crown for long
Report Post Tip

The RHM/LHM should have the ability to attempt to topple/depose/demote/disarm their boss.

The fact you're encouraging hand disloyalty is alarming.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
TheMorrigan - the fact that that is your takeaway from my proposition suggests to me that you are scared of interesting questions.

What is your city for?
Report Post Tip

this is also out of character, for the record.

on topic:

agree w/dagda on every point.

Report Post Tip
It's not out of character if you want to discuss a issue with the game. This is an appropriate place to discuss it.
This forum is for non rp talk about the Game
Report Post Tip

It mostly definitely is out of character.

I'm beluga, but I'm talking as the person behind beluga, or, Out of Character.

And in regards to that comment, it was directed at Morrigan & Keating bickering, since they both think ooc = ingame, judging from their posts.

Report Post Tip
  • The holidays - every year activity scales back a bit between November and January, as people prefer to spend time with their families and such.
  • Back end of a "cycle" - the game runs in cycles and has for a long time now. This "regime" has been running things for the majority of the past 4-5 months. Naturally this stagnates the game and turns some people away, it is like that with any regime. At some point, we will all die and some new faces will take over, prompting an uptick in activity and perhaps some returning bloodlines, along with some bloodlines taking a much needed break.
  • The new version - Izzy has said often that the new version will be coming soon. While it's true that your character and stats will carry over to the new site, it's possible some people would just prefer to wait to see it before committing time and work to a character in the current set up.

The first is untrue as this time last year the game was flooded with activity.   Sure people spend holidays with there families but the prior regime was extremely active then.  Same for the year prior to that during this time. 

This regime has not been big on purging so it's not as if people are being ran away by the regime.   

As much as many of you will disagree, there is just nothing to do. Has nothing to do with the regime but more so with the game itself. Hopefully this changes as I personally know plenty of people refusing to come back because it's become "boring" for them. I understand what they mean, after playing for years.  

TheMorrigan , what is alarming is how you perceived his suggestion. He is recommending a game mechanic and you get political?  Rather high ego .

On a finale note this is without a doubt in the wrong area. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I am curious if the consensus is that this is in the wrong topic area as to why it is still here in the wrong area.

Why hasn't it been moved to the proper forum section?
 Why has it not been deleted ? like I know some threads have been and the reason was that "they were in the wrong forum you can always repost".

Why are some threads left in the wrong forum section and some moved or deleted? 

Just curious what makes one thread okay to be in the wrong ( off topic) forum section and another not ? 

This is clearly a suggestion. 

Report Post Tip

Here is why:

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)

If I was asking for a change in the game I would have put it there.

Report Post Tip

The best place for this thread would be Suggestions, based on this:

Solution:

MEANING:

As the thread is indeed written OOC though, this area of the forum is still fine. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Decline in activity and a solution.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL