Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 14:16:44
Page:  1 
Winter Wonderland Started by: AmeliaGato on Dec 04, '21 13:54

Several weeks ago, Amelia had spoken with some of her friends regarding the idea that they would set up a farmers fall festival in the streets. There would be corn mazes (Amaizing, for sure) and there would be hay rides, pumpkin picking, face painting. Amelia had laid all of her brilliant ideas out; they were all excited by the prospect. But then she just never got around to applying for the proper permits or getting city permission to open the festival and by then fall was coming to an end, it was largely forgotten.

But this time, she was determined to do better. A winter wonderland festival would go over far better than hayrides. So, with the gentle encouragement of SlimShady who's words of wisdon echoed in her ears, "I am going to be disappointed in you..." so Amelia dragged her behind off the couch where she was doing a charming mix of reading and napping, and headed to apply for whatever official documents she would need for such a large endeavour. Which she thought was amusing, a criminal applying for legal documents. But hey-ho, life was strange. 

Once the bureaucratic bullshit had been handled, she got to work calling vendors, shop owners, creative types and yes, even some local farmers. The plan was in motion and after several meetings, gatherings and planning sessions the first Saturday in December, Winter Wonderland opened to the public. Amelia cut the ribbon to the open gates with a comically large pair of scissors and the on-lookers politely clapped. Really Amelia had just wanted a comically large pair of scissors to own, and this was the easiest way to get them. 

Walking through there were different areas to explore. A market section where people who created little knick-knacks, jewellery, clothing, all sorts of fun items to buy lined the path that lead you in and also out. Who could resist the urge to buy grandma a hand carved and painted angel figurine for Christmas, it was excellent work. 

Past that there was a large ice-skating rink, and around the rink the stalls of food and drink had been erected. Amelia knew ice skating wasn't very high on her list of things to do in Wonderland, but she could absolutely enjoy a cup of hot mulled wine, a large German sausage loaded in onions and perhaps some more mulled wine after that. 

With mulled wine in hand, Amelia wandered through the entertainment section, where stages had been set up for live music, stands with carnival games and silly fairground rides existed. The event would last the month, and she was hopeful the turnout would be astronomical. If anything, it would give her something to do over the next few weeks, and also would be an easy place to find all the Christmas gifts she'd need to hand out to the various friends and family members who she loved. 

Taking a seat on one of the long wooden benches near the food stalls, she watched as people started to notice the fair's existence and trickle in, slowly but surely. The odds were by the end of the event she'd be sick of people, and quite possibly mulled wine, but as long as the masses enjoyed themselves, well then it would have all been worth it. Perhaps now Slimshady would admit he was proud of her. Unlikely, but at least she had done something for once. With a yawn she forced herself to her feet, pushing the thoughts of napping and hiding away from her mind, went to greet someone she recognized who had just come into view. 

Report Post Tips: 32 / Total: $900,000 Tip

Grimaldo woke up slow on this fine day and decided on a small breakfast. A single egg, English muffin and a glass of mimosa. He didn't want to ruin his appetite for today's festivities. After a nice hot shower and a shave, he dawns his robe and strolls into his walk-in closet, laying out his clothes for the day. A finely pressed suit with gray pinstripe, gray wool vest and a black button down shirt. He gets dressed, dawns his jewelry and heads back to the living area, where he finds his lead bodyguard.

"Wrench, will you have the car brought around front. I think I'll enjoy a spot of espresso and head out for the day."

The bodyguard gives a quick nod of acknowledgement and heads for the car. Grimaldo calls over his close friend and assistant, a man named Nicosia Amalfi. Both of the men had been friends since they were children in Italy, and luckily the friendship had persisted over to the states.

"Mr. Amalfi, if you could, brew us both a cup of espresso and join me for a moment dining table. I would like to discuss today's itinerary."

The smell of fresh brewed coffee beans fills the air, as Nicosia returns from the kitchen. Two piping hot espressos in his hands, he sets one in front of Grimaldo and takes a seat opposite of him at the dining table. He opens his ledger, but before he can speak, Grimaldo raises his hand and halts the man.

"I want you to clear my schedule. I know we had a few prior engagements, but I think you, Wrench and I will take in a bit of leisure today. I believe we deserve it."

Nicosia, stops mid-sip of his cappuccino and gives Grimaldo a deadpan stare. The man has never been able to relax a day in his life. Not that he didn't have the time or the privilege, but the simple fact of having downtime put him in a state of unease. It was as if he felt like he was forgetting something important the entire time.

"Grimaldo, sir, please, we have quite the schedule for today. But... I guess if you insist. I'll have the proper notifications sent out and delivered. And whenever you're ready, I'll be by the door with your coat sir."

"Thank you Nicosia. Pull my mink coat, scarf and my mink Cossack hat, if you would not mind."

Slowly but surely Grimaldo, finishes his cappuccino and has a smoke. He heads to the door, where Amalfi meets him and drapes the mink coat on his shoulders and hands him his hat and scarf. He opens the door and leads Grimaldo through the hotel and out of the lobby to the front driveway. 

There stands Wrench, with the valet boy. Word's being exchanged back and forth. Evidently, the boy gave Wrench some guff about parking in the driveway too long. Of course, Wrench being the man he is, he's about two seconds away from punching the kid's lights out. Grimaldo strolls up and the two quiet down quickly.

"Alright Wrench, leave the young man be. He's just doing his job, and quiet well, I might add. Come here boy. Get the door for me will ya'."

The young man scurries over and quickly swings the car door wide open and gives a slight bow as Grimaldo climbs into the back of a 1930, Chrysler Series, seventy-seven Phaeton. The valet goes to close the door and Grimaldo stop him.

"Look kid, I like your moxy. My names Grimaldo. It takes a brave and stupid man to stand up to Wrench, and sometimes those are both skills I need by my side. If you get tired of parking cars and need a new job, catch me on the way back in, and I'll find some work for you.?"

The valet gives Grimaldo a look of shock and confidence, as his eyebrow perks to the sounds of future prospects. He goes to quickly answer and almost can't even find his voice.

"Wow, thanks Mister Grimaldo! I'd love a new change of pace and by the looks of things, it's gotta pay better than this joint. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for ya' a bit later."

After a brief conversation with the valet, Grimaldo hands the boy a fifty and shuts the car door. Wrench takes the front seat and Nicosia takes shotgun. The vehicle revs to life and Wrench looks toward the back seat.

"Okay, so where to boss man?"

Grimaldo, handed Wrench a flyer he had found earlier in the week, about the Winter Wonderland festival down at the fairgrounds.

"Please take me to this location. I feel like we could definitely use some holiday spirit this time of year."

After a short time that flies by, the men finally arrive at the event. The cold air nips at Grimaldo's face as the men pile out of the car. Air heavy with the delicious scent of festival food, his stomach begins to growl.

"Alright gentleman, I need some entertainment in my life. Nicosia, you stick with me but not too close. I don't want to feel crowded but keep an eye out. Wrench, you head over and grab Miss. Vera . She may be busy but give it your best my good man. Alright Mr. Amalfi, let us head in. And for the love of god, at least enjoy a corn dog or something."

The two men take the short trip across the parking lot and jump in line. Luckily they wait is short and in no time the men purchase a couple of entry tickets. Once inside the event Grimaldo, makes a beeline towards the food booths. Nothing sounds better this time of year, than a hot turkey leg and a warm apple cider.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

The Winter wonderland event had not gone as Amelia had planned in the slightest. She knew that getting people to attend would be like pulling teeth, and sure the general public had shown up so that was money in her pocket and the pocket of the vendors, but she had hoped to see a few more familiar faces out and about. As the days ticked down to Christmas, Amelia diligently marked them off on her calendar. With five days to go she decided it was time to make another appearance at the fair, making sure everything was running smoothly. Besides, mulled wine and Knick-knacks were right up her alley when it came to things she liked to spend her money on. 

Amelia was bundled up in a large jacket, scarf, knitted hat and woolen gloves on her hands to protect from the bitterness that was winter in the city. Overnight, as if Santa himself had heard her thoughts, a few inches of proper, packable, fresh snow had fallen. It transformed the fairgrounds into a truly magical location. The sun overhead in the cloudless sky made the white of the snow shimmer, and the Christmas lights under the snow lit sections to truly bring on the cozy and delightful Christmas feeling. 

After a mulled wine to warm her up and get her body ready for the abuse she was willing to put it through for the sake of the holidays, Amelia headed to the Ice Skating rink. There was a slight line for the skate rental, so with her hands shoved in the pockets of her jacket she waited, shifting from foot to foot to try to keep her body temperature up just enough to be comfortable. 

Report Post Tip

Dr_Kenneth strolled past the ice rink holding his large German wiener. Seeing Amelia he waved his wiener hand casually flopping it back and forth springing onions everywhere. 

'Allo Amelia, pretty nice place isn't it! I haven't had sausage like this since my summers in Germany! Dr_Kenneth took a large surgical bite of his wiener. 

I'm going to head over to the carnival games try and win some prizes; I'll catch you later. Make sure you are staying warm out there on the ice, I'd hate to see you in my office with a cold cause you didn't take care. 

Dr_Kennth set off to the baseball toss, his arch-nemesis, with one goal in sight. The giant stuffed Teddy Bear will be mine....

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Winter Wonderland
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL