Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 22:01:14
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
What was your favorite Western? Started by: Peter-Gangi on Dec 17, '21 00:46

I find myself on a weekend when its very cold outside and I have beer and chips I'll watch a western.   I find that I like Tombstone the best, I've watched it several times and I love the scene when Doc Holiday spins a cup on his finger after Ringo spund his gun around.  

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
I have my times of pure genius I know.

But to me Rio Grande with the one and only John Wayne was one of my favorite old western to watch.
Report Post Tip

One of my friend's gave me the first couple of episodes of Deadwood and it was really good.  I only watched those episodes, but this post reminded me about the show, so I'm probably going to go and stream them.  Hopefully the show is on Amazon Prime because that's the only steaming service I'm paying for.

Report Post Tip

The good the bad and the ugly 

McLintock

Hang em high 

Pale rider 

Jeremiah Johnson

All great classic westerns 

Report Post Tip

Pale rider - one of best from Clint and he did many of them

Report Post Tip

The original westerns of the 50's through the 70's were just cheesy as hell.  Even as a kid I thought they were stupid.  I think Pale Rider was the first one I saw that struck me as being original and intelligent. A few good ones have followed since. Tombstone was one of the best movies of any genre.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Those Spaghetti westerns man. Fist full of Dollars and Good, the Bad, and The Ugly. That's what's up

Not one of the greats or traditional westerns but I absolutely love the film "3:10 to Yuma". Obviously the good the bad and the ugly gets a shout-out too.
Report Post Tip

I'm a big fan of Rawhide. It was a TV series, but a western never the less. I'm into all western genres to be honest, though I can't really get into spaghetti westerns. 

Report Post Tip

Does Lucky luke count?
I think it was the first exposure that I had to western before watching any western movies. My first western was about a cowboy, I think he was a former commander in the army who had been shot by some of hisa friends and left for dead but recovered and went north looking for them. I think his name was Henry. I've tried googling for the movie but still havent found it

Report Post Tip
Young Guns 2.

I'll be your Huckleberry...

You're a daisy if you do...

Tombstone, by far. Several have been made, and I like them all, but my favorite character was Val Kilmer.

Report Post Tip

oooooooo good one

I loved all the spaghetti westerns with 'The Good, the bad and the ugly' a particular favourite

also loved Cat balou, great movie.

Report Post Tip

I think unforgiven was very well done the characters the setting and also the music I'll always remember the look off into the sunset when the movie first starts

Report Post Tip

Does The hateful eight count? if not then probably one of the classic clint eastwood ones. Lets see like A fist full of dollars, For a few dollars more, The good the bad and the ugly. All amazing films. Hang em high is also very solid. There has been some valid arguments for Kill Bill being a western. But I'm not so sure of that

Report Post Tip

billy the kid cause that's a good movie y'all should watch it lol its good trust me

Report Post Tip

Not a fan of Westerns. I remember my mom used to always watch Westerns. She was seriously obsessed with them.. And I just couldn't understand the draw to them! Still, to this day, don't like 'em! :)

Report Post Tip

My favorite is Tombstone.  I mean, come on... Wyatt Earp, played by Kurt Russell, and Doc Holliday, played by Val Kilmer. Doesn't get any better than that! 

Report Post Tip

Tombstone... end of.

I mean it is a western style movie, but a bit more modern so not reeeally a western in the terms of tv shows in black and white westerns.

even though I am old...and I am old, I never really remember watching any of those. I watched some gunsmoke with the old man when I was younger but I can't recall plot of or acting talent.

can tell you that Val Kilmer's depiction of Doc Holiday was, in my opinion, one of the best bit of acting I have seen.

movie is the best for 'one liners' chalked full

Report Post Tip

I have never watched a western style movie! I don't know how I've managed to never watch one, just TV shows when they go western themed...or that one Matt Smith Doctor Who episode. Those probably don't count. I've been to a Wild West town thing in Phoenix Arizona, so does that count as living one out in real life?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What was your favorite Western?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL