Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 15:09:28
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Curious Started by: AliceLiddell on Dec 21, '21 19:59

The reality of this matter is rather simple. If someone is deemed a threat or there is some other reason to shoot them, then the shot will be taken and the -1 taken on the chin as a required penalty.

If, however, the person is really of no threat, then no one will really take the -1 without reason, it makes zero sense to.

The people who run around crewless understand the risk, that's their choice to make and if their life comes to an end early, then it was due to the fact that they had no protection from any of the numerous families which may have housed them.

Report Post Tip

Goku you been playing for over 10 hears and your telling me there is no double standards or biased opinion/ actions in our community in regards to shooting or killing  a specific player. You sir are just being delliousnal.  Plenty plenty of times it's been shown.   

Also while I have had an MR account jen has never ran the game. Idk who would allow .

Ngl I'm flabbergasted about the double standard topic.

Report Post Tip

Dr_KennethNoisewater that response of yours is exactly what I mean about responses.  Thank you for the example . 

Report Post Tip

The reality of this matter is rather simple. If someone is deemed a threat or there is some other reason to shoot them, then the shot will be taken and the -1 taken on the chin as a required penalty.

If, however, the person is really of no threat, then no one will really take the -1 without reason, it makes zero sense to.

The people who run around crewless understand the risk, that's their choice to make and if their life comes to an end early, then it was due to the fact that they had no protection from any of the numerous families which may have housed them.

speak for yourself the reality is there are multiple regimes that would kos anyone not in a crew. This is new shit living 150 days without a crew. Regardless of who you are threat or no threat we have structure and that shits slipping away. No one cares about that though its about how long I can stay alive now or how long I can be godfather for and to pretend there is no double standard is insane you all would not leave me crewless at 160 days old and these are facts.  However LG a diff story.  We can pretend all we want.

Report Post Tip

You're welcome Alice. I calls them like I sees them. 

Report Post Tip

You can dislike me all you want. You can attack me instead of talk the topic all you want.

My only reason for any of my topics is simple:

Fair game Play for all. and new players knowing exactly how things are played here instead of floundering.

Report Post Tip

Gary, nearly 20 years now, I need another hobby :S

I never said there were no double standards at all, and certainly not that there are no double standards about killing specific people. I simply stated that when it comes to unsponsored -1s, in general, there is no set standard as to who lives and who dies. It's much more complex than that, it's not as simple as this person is my friend and that person is not, so person A lives and person B dies. The leaders don't have absolute control over who chooses to take a -1 shot. 

I suppose in a way it can be seen as a double standard, but for me that is simplifying the matter too much. The idea that it should be all unsponsored people die, or all unsponsored people live, one way or the other flat across the board, is just naïve to me. The game is in shades of gray for more than just aesthetic reasons.

AliceLiddell, I don't recall attacking you personally - if that is how I come off, my apologies, but that seems a bit soft to me. Joald got a lot of shit because she gave a lot of shit - in my experience it is you who do the attacking, once someone breaks down your defenses with solid reason.

Report Post Tip

You're 100% right Gary - in certain situations the decision is easy - this person is an obvious threat, that person is not etc. One person is liked and one is not, etc. That's just the way of the world.

I'm looking at it in more general terms, such as the random unknown people who live 20-40 days before being killed - in those situations, there are a lot of variables that go into how long they survive.

Report Post Tip

There are no new players.  We run them all away. 

If they change there profile pic there suddenly not new. 

As if changing a profile pic symbolizes you are an expert around here. 

Report Post Tip

How do you say I'm looking at it more general but completely disregard situations that occur all the time. Not specifically for this situation but as you said , in general.  I'm gonna be honest here what you got on Alice about. You do the same exact thing,  you are doing it right now.    It's not only you. Our whole community does this.  

Report Post Tip

Come on now, such a broad generalization is just downright silly. I won't disagree that new players are few and far in between, but to say there are none or they're all being ran away is wrong.

Text based browser mafia games are an acquired taste and have been for about a decade. Most of them have completely died off from lack of users. Getting new players invested and interested is not easy in the current gaming world, with so many options for people to put their time into.

The game is in a transitional period with aims to combat those difficulties by modernization and improvement, and once those things happen and the advertising goes back up I expect we will see an influx of new players. We just have to be ready to accept and assist them while also relearning some of the game.

Foot note - I've always considered NOT changing a profile pic from the default to be more of a red flag than changing it - I can't get a feel for their personality if they're just a default mobster guy.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip
All this conflict over little old me. You guys sure know how to make a girl feel special.

Happy New Years!
Report Post Tip
I wonder if perhaps we are headed towards a leaderless world in which the individual is his own crew, of which he is CL?

The only flaw I can see with this plan is the total annihilation and constant churn of murder that would invariably entail.

The unsponsored - are they unruly, or simple libertarians? The former have some hope whilst the latter are so insufferably boring and egocentric that murdering them is preferable to having them blight this thing of ours.

I choose the criminal underworld to exist in because mainstream society shuns me. So I need a crew.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Curious
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL