Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 04:51:56
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
UPDATE: Ever type a long post, then lose it? Started by: Anubis on Aug 08, '11 02:27

I think everyone here has done that at least once in their time here. And it is probabley the worst feeling you can have.

Well...I've tried to fix that today. It's not a perfect fix, but it's an attempt. I make no promises about the efficiency of this method, and if it doesn't work for you it doesn't work, it was just an idea I had and an hour of code that worked for me.

What happens is this: You type of your thread, it stores every key press into a cookie. If you accidentally leave the page, and return, it attempts to load this cookie and fill in the thread form with the contents of the cookie. Once you click submit, it wipes the cookie clean and submits the thread just like it always has. Voila, you are able to safely return and not lose a half hour of typing work.

But as I said I make no promises about this code, there are better ways to handle it but nothing that we are able to spend time working on currently.

Report Post Tip

Omg thanks!

Report Post Tip

Quite possibly one of the best updates we've seen in a long time. Well done!

Report Post Tip

Oohh, this is very helpful! Thank you :]

Report Post Tip

Anubis you're the best man thanks :D

Report Post Tip

could something similar work for mails as if my connection drops i have to re-write an epic tail sometimes in a mail.

Report Post Tip

Hooray!  Thank you!

Report Post Tip

Anubis for admin!

Oh wait...

Report Post Tip

I FREAKING LOVE THIS!!!!!

I have lost so much excellent work due to petties/felonies/jail timers popping up randomly!!!!!

Report Post Tip

Ah i know the horrid feeling of such pain. in fact one of my breaks was caused by such I was in the middle of a LONG LONG LONG post that took me some time to put together and i hit the erase key twice and it went back a page and long story shot i took a week vacation haha.

Report Post Tip

notepad ftw.

Report Post Tip

I actually did this today. I had two screens open, was typing a reply on one while jailing on the other and without thinking clicking my blinking DL, then was horrified when I thought I had lost my post. 

Then I was amazed when I went back to it and it was still there! 

Yay for Anubis!

Report Post Tip

It just happened to me. -_-

Report Post Tip

Thank you for the hour of effort. Quite possibly in the future it can be looked on as a larger project so to implore others to post more often. As this can be a large asset.

Report Post Tip

Does this include if your posting and like your internet disconnects?

Report Post Tip

I have done that countless times, this will be a big help.

Report Post Tip

hot damn! a nice little piece of work that will make a difference.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: UPDATE: Ever type a long post, then lose it?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL