Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 01:44:15
Page:  1 
A New Idea: A Sitdown With a Difference Started by: JulianLennon on Jan 03, '22 16:01

JulianLennon drives an overly decorated Rolls Royce through the Streets.  He had heard stories of sitdowns, past and present.  Decisions made.  Money awarded.  Men killed.  He rushes to the Streets to put forth a proposition...

"Friends, we no longer have sitdowns, and we should.  Sitdowns are good.

Here is what I propose.  A huge prize is created, and a sitdown convened.  Let's say six people enter the sitdown, and there are two judges.  The judges steer the conversation, trying to find out who should get the prize and who should lose.  Four people get to share the prize, as per the judge's direction, and the other two have to duel each other (or face individual assassination).

Anyone can enter, and their identity would be masked in the sit-down allowing for equality of opportunity.

What do we think?  I'd fund this venture to the tune of $23m, and I'm sure we could raise more.

Let's do something different?  And exciting?"

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Can we expand on the mechanics of these sit downs. What’s the intent and how do you determine winners? Judges steer the conversation how and for what reason?

I’m interested in the concept and have a willingness to participate! 

Report Post Tip
Like an incentivised decision making process.

So we take a fictional case, say Guido mugged Jake, and Jake killed Guido. People would argue for different outcomes of the killing. The judges would then decide who had made the most compelling case
Report Post Tip

"Friends, we no longer have sitdowns, and we should.  Sitdowns are good.

Who is the proverbial "we" here? This seems to be the entire basis of why Julian thought his idea was needed, but since Julian wouldn't be involved in any of the sitdowns, what brought him to the conclusion there aren't any currently? Perhaps ScentedCandle you can answer this, as you seem to have understood Julians mindset, since you answered Bacon's question that was directed at Julian. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Sansa - the last old school sit-down was held dome time ago.

It led to an execution, and a shortlived feud.

When do you proffer that the last sit-down was held?
Report Post Tip

I'm not involved in such matters, so not entirely fussed. Which is what makes me curious why the man Julian seemed to think he knew of such things and also now you think your in the know also. I'm sure there are frequent sit downs of note with many of those in positions of power in this thing of ours.

There is no reason to assume they dont take place, just because you have no knowledge of them.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Sansa - what is your point?

If you have nothing constructive to offer, do it elsewhere.

Scooter.
Report Post Tip

I believe pointing out the unnecessary nature of Julian's idea is constructive, actually. So, you can kindly fuck off ScentedCandle. 

Thanks. 

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip
No, I won't.

If you can demonstrate to me public knowledge of sit-down, and a lack of support for incrntivised sit-downs, your point has merit.

Otherwise, you're going nowhere
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A New Idea: A Sitdown With a Difference
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL