Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 21:40:13
Page:  1 
Comedy Show Fundraiser, Philly, Sat Aug 13th Started by: Squishy on Aug 08, '11 21:00

Our very own Benny will be performing at The Irish Pol, located at 45 S. 3rd Street, Philadelphia, PA on Saturday August 13th from 8-11pm. This show is a fundraiser to benefit veteran comedian Danny Ozark who was assaulted and robbed a few days ago. While Danny was hurt pretty bad, Doctors say his funny bone seems to have actually improved by the trauma.

There is no cover - the show is free, however if you have a few extra bucks, drop it in the bucket to show your support for Danny. Drop in 20 bucks? Let me know and I'll toss you 20 credits.

Let me know if any of you locals will be attending, I'll buy your first drink. Mobmail me and we can swap numbers so we can meet up.

Report Post Tip

Question- is this a 21 and over event (I'm assuming if there are drinks present)? I only ask because this sounds like something I'd be interested in, but my sister is going to be in town this weekend and is short 21 by 7 months. ;)

Report Post Tip

Just checked with management, it is 21+ crowd only.

Report Post Tip

(OFF TOPIC)

How can streetmusings have a last active date on July if he posted here?? :S

Report Post Tip

Sorry, was using a admin test account by accident to post :)

Report Post Tip

You just made a payment of $60.00 USD Being as we can't attend as there will be someone staying the weekend that is under 21, that's from me, Kendra, and Belle.

Report Post Tip

Billy & Kendra, that was most generous of the two of you. Thank you

Being that money has been sent, I feel obligated to post an article that was in today's Philadelphia Daily News about the show and the robbery. I'm part of several groups and organizations that perform benefits and fundraisers, and the money that was raised covered his medical bills and recouped a bit of what he lost. He has no benefits and was grateful for the donations, but once that was covered he decided that the money should go to another cause and asked that the procedes be donated to a local guy suffering Stage 4 cancer. He's a guy a met at another benefit we did for him, young guy, nice, guy, married, probably won't be around much longer. Either way I was happy to hear that the money was still going to a good cause and felt I should post the article

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/dan_gross/20110810_Dan_Gross__Comic_Danny_Ozark_beaten___robbed.html

I found this article humerous as well, regarding the robbery and an incident a couple years back with Danny and NBC10 Anchorwoman Luann Cahn where he raided her panty drawer. If you live in the area and listened to WYSP back when it was talk format you may remember it. With the exception of maybe Hoagie, I'm guessing probably not though :)

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillygossip/NBC10s-LuAnn-Cahn-denies-responsibility-in-beating-robbery-of-comic.html

Anyway I'll be sure to introduce him to Izzy and let him know where the money came from. Im sure he'll be touched and grateful.

Thanks again

Report Post Tip

(And Belle!)

Report Post Tip

Oops! You too Belle ol pal :). Missed her name

Report Post Tip

Excellent efforts shown. Best of luck with the event Benny!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Comedy Show Fundraiser, Philly, Sat Aug 13th
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL