Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 01:36:12
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Cry Me a Hudson River. Started by: Dagda on Jan 06, '22 21:22

Bacon accidentally dropped a few pieces of popcorn and suddenly from the sidealley out came a squirrel darting to pick them up. "Jesus, fucking rodents all over the place" he exclaimed as he tried to stomp on the rascal. Fortunately for the rat, he was too quick and made a clean getaway from the scene of the crime.

After looking around for a moment he then resumed eating his popcorn and intensely observing the discussion unfolding before him.

Report Post Tip

Unlike you CandleDick I understand my place within Satoru's family, and I do exactly what he tells me. If he orders me to shoot you in the face, I'll do so, if he orders me to sieze shit from a coward who can only pick the low hanging fruit, then I'll do that. The other thing you always forget, is I cleared that course of action with EvilClown first, and he agreed with it, you remember EvilClown don't you? The guy who asked me to hang on to the perks in the first place because he didn't trust your not-so-great granddaddy's shitty competition.

Report Post Tip

I'm curious, what exactly do you wish the streets to be?

I haven't complained or anything but there is something I've been thinking about recently and since we're on the subject I'll share it here. I've been spending some time in the coffee shop lately and noticed a lot of good stuff being said there. A lot of it relative and worthy of being discussed on our very own streets. I'm guilty of contributing to the debates going on there myself. Until now, I haven't put much thought into ways of changing it so that the streets are the default to such topics. Perhaps a little encouragement will do some good. Unless anyone has a better idea?

Report Post Tip
We need a functioning press. I'd personally finance anyone who came up with a good newspaper.

Even a Star Examiner would do.

My lineage was working on a short form newspaper, called Lennon's Leaflet. But they died before they could publish.

I'm not being conceited or anything, but I'm generally the most interesting and exciting thing happening on the Streets, and it's in poor taste to report on myself.

But if I don't, who will?

And that's the problem that we have.
Report Post Tip

Tyrion is everybody; they've seen it all and nothing is worth bothering to do or say anymore. Controversy gives the stagnant, flattening brains of every person here purpose. The two most popular speeches by miles is the one complaining about purging and the one that spawned this reaction. The only ones that gained any traction for months before that were the ones complaining about Kuku. This speech immediately gained a following because you are complaining. The other one by the hobo fire did not because it is boring and vapid. This is as plain a truth as you'll get from these brown-nosers. @SatoruGoju's outstanding display of ritualistic sycophancy was a sight to behold, popping in to rehash every single point the original speech made, and concluding everything is great. I'd sooner search for the kernels of truth in what people like Kuku have to say than digest the constant confirmation bias of that garbage. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I believe this dialogue always fails because people don't realize that the purpose of sharing opinions and asking questions is not whining  or complaining but people trying to understand, and possibly find a common ground. 

Simply because someone disagrees with your perception does mean they are incorrect. Everyone's perception comes from experience, and no two people can have the same  or similar perception unless they have a shared experience. 

When you direct a question to the streets and make it clear that any opposing opinion is whining or being salty or trying  to cause trouble you are limiting your discussion to be nothing but false fallacies and a witch hunt for those who have a differing opinion. Instead of a open place for authentic, honest dialogue and open discussion. 

I think you've missed the point, Alice. I made observations based on several other speeches and discussions happening in the streets and asked people if they had witnessed the same thing and had insight into the matter. I've received responses that both agree and disagree with my observations, and with the obvious exception of Kuku (due to the discussion taking a separate tangent) I haven't opposed any of their opinions or called them salty whiners. The entire point of the discussion was to hear other's opinions, and I don't see where or how I made it clear that any opposing opinion was incorrect.

Perhaps we have missed each others point Dagda. It's a common thing that happens in discussion. That is why it should  be open, and safe for all those that participate.  By safe I mean from things such  their opinions being compared to whining and complaining.  This  is something I learned in the group discussions at Rutledge Asylum.

These simple words cause dialogue to not be so open and feel safe for those that participate.  It is this wording I see in many discussions started to find out  to find a common ground for all, but it  is  unwittingly undermined on the start with wording that is downgrading to those with opinions that are not the same.  I mean no disrespect in pointing this out nor am I trying to be rude. On the contrary I would love to see this dialogue happen but being more supportive of opposing opinions. Sometimes it is looking at both opinions that lights the path. Another thing  I learned at the Asylum in group sessions.

I'd sooner search for the kernels of truth in what people like Kuku have to say than digest the constant confirmation bias of that garbage. 

Alas, there is never any truth to his musings. I dont disagree with most of what else you said though, LittleCarmine. I too have mentioned previously that people around here will always give more time and attention to something negative that allows them to put down each others opinions than anything else. A speech that involves Kuku more often than not dives quickly into basic arguments and so naturally becomes popular as people flock to give their own view point.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Dagda, I must take issue with this:

"Alas, there is never any truth to (Kuku's lineage)his musings."

Whilst there is often style associated with the substance, there is almost always truths gleaned from a range of sources. Such as the Kuku lineage association with:

The Winter of Discontent
Many Newspapers
As Kuku Sees It
Kuku's Legacy Series
The true story of the alleged "anonymous benefactor" writing competition

More recently, Bradley_Jackson covered the almost daily murders associated with a badly executed writing competition.

You can have your opinion, but don't dispute facts.

Kuku lineage also introduced to this community three vital pillars:

The use of the term "son" in discourse
Incentivised creative writing competitions
The phrase "you are and idiot"

A Kuku also remains by far the most successful participant in a an experiment city, and a Mob Gov poll demonstrated significant support and appreciation.

What has your bloodline ever done,son?
Report Post Tip
Did the Kuku from said experiment become a Godfather? Did they then control this thing of ours for many months being the number 1 Godfather of their era?

I think not. DeadlySin is without doubt the most successful from any experiment city.
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $100,000 Tip

You can have your opinion, but don't dispute facts.

He says, directly after stating his own opinion and trying to dress it up as facts.

As for your "pillars:"

Dagda couldn't help but chuckle.

The use of the term "son" in discourse
Incentivised creative writing competitions
The phrase "you are and idiot"

1. No one does this besides you. It gives you a sense of superiority or something, I'm not sure. But it doesn't have the affect you think it does.

2. You can't actually be claiming to have "invented" writing competitions, can you? This might be your biggest farce yet. They've been going on literally since the beginning of our thing.

3. Again, no one besides you does this. It's idiotic and silly. I'm not sure what the goal is, to ironically make yourself look dumb(er) by using your own spelling mistake as a catchphrase of sorts? No clue.

A Kuku also remains by far the most successful participant in a an experiment city, and a Mob Gov poll demonstrated significant support and appreciation.

I would support what Tyrion said: you weren't even the most successful participant in THAT competition, let alone ANY as you are claiming. DeadlySin and Jono were both far superior.

What has your bloodline ever done,son?

I'm not going to deign to answer this, as we would undoubtedly be here all afternoon, and you would most likely end up feeling very bad about yourself. 

It appears the candle has been snuffed out, but as always I'm sure your next of kin will be here to continue the noble nonsense. Good night.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Cry Me a Hudson River.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL