Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 04:23:36
Page:  1 
Frabjous Started by: AliceLiddell on Jan 06, '22 22:57

She couldn't believe not one tea cup in all of Detroit would hold a fifth of whisky. How was she supposed to sip her whisky around the Mad Hatter if she didn't have a tea cup that was suitable. Suddenly an idea came to her when the Cheshire Cat whispered in her ear, " Maybe open your own shop." Suddenly excited she hopped on her left foot and scuttled down the walkway." That is  it Cheshire I'll open up a cup shop everyone needs that perfect cup for whatever occasion." After she gifted her tea cup to Clo she just couldn't enjoy her whisky the same, she knew there had to be others out there who had a preference for a specific cup or even glass for that matter.  

She bought a newspaper at the local newsstand and searched the Classifieds for a suitable building to buy. There it was the ad caught her eye.

Colorful neon open sign. ooo ooo neon she loved bright stuff, her thoughts rambled on excitedly as she continued to read advert.  Large bay windows in the front for a beautiful display. She could have tea cups of varying sizes stacked into a shape .Oooo like the mushroom the hookah smoking caterpillar sits on she thought excitedly. She was exuberant this was the building the shop she would get  she never finished reading the ad just scanned the rest for any contact info. 

After several days she was finally able to get the seller on the phone and broker a deal. The only thing left to do was ask Gojo for some of her money from the trust account held for her upkeep. She had to have a conservator due to her hallucinations and mental breaks she had occasionally. She allowed him to have a monthly  stipend from her trust fund  and he kept her out of the insane asylum.  It worked for the both of them and he never accosted her for delusional spells she had. Hoping he wouldn't think business venture as one of her spells of delusions she approached him with her business venture.  He agreed to let her take the large sum of cash from her trust and to let her open up the business she wanted although he wasn't sure a specialized shop in cups would make a big profit he still thought it would be a good front for some family business.  The police and feds in suits would never suspect a young woman with her condition running a business that was a criminal front. 

Once Gojo authorized her withdraw she bought the shop and ordered all sorts of tea cups in varying sizes and colors, some were shaped funny. She ordered coffee mugs, beer steins and wine glasses as well just make sure she wasn't being prejudiced against non tea drinkers.  With her display neatly and artfully stacked and flashy orange neon open sign blinking invitingly she opened her shop.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $240,000 Tip

Julius was excited to hear that a tea shop had opened here recently. It wasn’t everyday that you would see one. Julius, being a fan of both tea and coffee, could go for either depending on his mood. Lately, he’s been insatiably craving for some Boba tea and couldn’t find a single tea shop to satisfy this. Until now. 

He rushed over to Frabjous and approached the counter with a gleeful smile. "Do you have Boba tea?" 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

While she had only intended to sell cups, glasses and steins another local business had been shut down due to some issues with the owner and city hall. One mans loss was her gain, or something like that. So she purchased all the teas from the Dungeon tea shop and added them to her inventory.  Apparently it was just in the nick of time as she had her first customer wanting to purchase tea. She wasn't good with names but it looked to be a Don from New York named Julius.

"Yes, we just acquired some fresh Boba tea, loose leaf. Is that doable? Alice looked to her first customer with her best cheshire grin like the cat taught her. 

Pete walked into frabjous it was his first visits.  He walked up to the counter and order a cup of green tea hoping that they would put a few splashes of whiskey into the cup.   He looked around and nodded wishing he thought of the idea.  Nevertheless he was hoping for the best.  When he got his tea he paid and went to sit down however the tea was very hot, if it wasn't for the cup handle he would not be able to hold the cup.  when he finally took a sip he realized he needed to add a touch of Irish whiskey into it for that kick to help warm his bones.

Alice was pleased that her new business was doing well, the customers kept trickling in. "One hot green tea coming up." Her voice was jovial and welcoming as she went to make the cup of tea. She served the customer and wiped the counters down as he took a seat. Alice noticed he was looking at his  hot tea wantingly. Recognizing the gaze she approached the customer and pulled a small flask from her white  apron pocket.

" Hello and welcome to Frabjous." She gave him her best cheshire grin as the cat had taught her. "Correct me if I am wrong but you are
@Peter-Ganji a Don of New York correct? This may be just what you are looking for" She offered the silver rose embossed flask to him.

Report Post Tip

Pete looked at the young woman and smiled he was amazed at the information this woman had concerning him, when he has worked hard to keep a low profile she has him from sight.  He confirmed who he was as he looked at the silver rose embossed flask and agreed that he needed a new one the one he carried was old and dented.  Smiling even more he told AliceLiddell.

"Lady you have excellent taste, very good intelligence too, impressive.  I'm also honored that you took the time to notice me and the need that I have when I didn't even think about getting a new flask.  How much do I owe you?"

Pete reached into his front pocked and pulled out his wallet unlike most gangsters that pull out a roll, Pete didn't like to attract attention he wanted to blend in with the civilians hoping they everyone thought of him as just another working stiff.  

Report Post Tip

Her smile grew into her eyes at his compliment and his offer to buy the flask. While that was not her intention she  was just offering whisky. Yet, her intention changed when he pulled out his wallet. After all the flask was stolen from the Red Queen, so why not sell it Alice thought. 

" Well it actually didn't cost me much just a song and dance." She raised her eyebrow inquisitively. " Just pay what I paid for it? Your choice of song and dance. 

Report Post Tip

Pete was stung when she said a song and dance is what she paid for it and all Aliceliddell wanted was a song and dance.  Then he had to laugh out loud because he couldn't think of a song to sing.  As he put his wallet back into his pocket Pete regained his composure and did a tap dance as he began to sing a song he just heard when he was out in Hollywood.    

"I'm singing in the rain, just singin' in the rain.  What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again.  I'm laughing at clouds so dark up above.   something something,  I'm ready for love something, something something, I've a smile on my face as I walk down memory lane with a happy refrain
Just singin', singin' in the rain and dancing in the rain, I'm happy again."

Pete comes to a complete stop!

Naw you keep the flask I ant that good and I can't remember half the words.  But you could pour me another cup of green tea and some of the contents in that flask. 

Report Post Tip

Alice was elated that  Pete accepted her deal and watched his futterwacken.  It was a dance of great joy and the  singing was something to behold. When he had finished she gleefully applauded his song and dance. 

"Oh well Okay , but your song and dance was well worth parting with it."  She went and fetched him a new tea and set on the table he was sitting at. Opening her flask she topped of hiss cup with some whisky from her flask. " This one is on the house."

Report Post Tip

Pete thanked AliceLiddell as he sipped on the whiskey and green tea mix.  He told her she had a great establishment here and knew she would do well.  

Report Post Tip

Julius must've still been in a stupor from last night's bar crawl. He totally missed the aisles of tea cups on display. Fortunately, tea was served here after all so Julius  managed to escape first hand embarrassment. For now. He nodded yes to her question on whether or not loose-leaf was doable. It was, wholeheartedly, preferred. Like a father's vision on how to cook a proper steak. Unbeknownst to Julius, however, he wasn't a tea sommelier and likely couldn't tell the difference between either method. Julius smiled back Alice when suddenly Peter-Gangi entered.

"Heya Pete!" Julius said warmly before turning his attention back to Alice to add one other thing.

"The cabaret tea set here. I like the patterns. Looks English." Julius guesses "I'd like to purchase it as well!"

Report Post Tip

Pete heard the voice of a friend calling his name.  He turn to see Julius and walked over to shake his hand.  

"Hello Julius, hows it going?  The two of us here in the motor city in a tea shop.  I wont tell the guys back in New York if you don't"

Pete cracked a little laughter after his statement.

Report Post Tip

Alice scuttled behind the counter once Julius has stated that loose leaf Boba tea was acceptable. She went to the display of loose leaf teas in round moon shaped jars and weighed him out a half pound of Boba tea leaves into a brown sack. As she sealed the sack she stated.

" Keep it out of direct sunlight so it will retain its flavor."

She handed him the tea sack and went to retrieve the tea set he requested. " A fine Choice, and yes Mr. Julius it is a English design. During the transaction her grin never changed always bright cheshiry like the cat had told her. " The total with the tea set is five dollars sir."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

It was cold in Detroit this time of year and Sammy needed something to warm his bones. Normally, he was a coffee drinker but was anxious to get this frost off his bones.

Pulling over at the first sign of a place with a warm drink, Sammy ended up outside of "Frabjous" which appeared to be a tea shop. After entering and looking at the menu it was clear they had Coffee but something kept drawing him towards the idea of a hot cup of tea.

He approached the counter and asked...

"Hey there, I'm not from around here. What is the house special?"

Report Post Tip

She turned from the counter behind the register setting down the white towel she had been drying the tea cups with and smiled  her best Cheshire grin at the customer.   

This week's special is Jasmine Chamomile. It is sweet and gives you a nice relaxed headspace.
Her words jaunty in a sing song way.

Report Post Tip

Corianin_Nedeal is in town on business for her boss, and as she travels around she loves to try to new places, and the one she sees looks perfect. It is called Frabjous. She crosses the street and gets inside just in time to hear the lady behind the counter say Jasmine Chamomile is the house special at the moment.  She waits for the customer in front of her to finish ordering and heads to the counter. She is planning on ordering the house special. 

Report Post Tip

After serving the gentleman Alice turned to the next customer. The lady must be pretty nice Alice thought, after all she waited so patiently while Alice help the man before her.  Alice looked up the the next customer her customary Cheshire like grin across her face and eyes round and bright as she greeted the lady.

Welcome to Frabjous. She loved the way that name just rolled off the tongue, it was so fun just to say. What can I get you today? 

Report Post Tip

undervar walks into the shop.

Confused he wonders to himself, is this a shop for cups or a shop to get a cup of tea? Maybe I can get tea within a cup I purchase at this shop?

Either way, seems that the owner is currently missing in action - I hope they return shortly to help me solve this quandary. 

Report Post Tip

Terrah was looking for a gift for a special someone, She was walking through the various businesses and saw a quaint tea shop. Hmm a nice new tea pot sounds good she thought to herself.  

She stepped into Frabjous  and was greeted by the woman behind the counter. Terrah meandered around the shop checking out he various tea sets, tea kettles , steins and mugs. She found a stein among the wares and instantly knew this would be perfect . She picked from the display and bought the stein. She was content the soon to be recipient would enjoy the gift. 

Report Post Tip

Kamarile wanted a nice gift for one of her British acquaintances. She knew that giving small tokens of appreciation can make business deals go better. She had heard of place in Detroit that might make the perfect place to get a gift for them. It was called Frabjous. As she walks in front of the building there is this large bay window displaying different unique cups, mugs, glasses, and items of that nature. 

She opens the door and starts looking around. There are so many unique items here that she could spend hours in here, but her meeting was in about one hour. Towards the back of the shop, on a small display near the floor there is this Melba Pink Flower Handle Art Deco Tea Set. It was so pretty she couldn't resist. She knew it would make her contact extremely happy.  She picks it up carefully and carries it to the counter. 

The lady behind the counter says, "Welcome to Frabjous, I see you found a very interesting set, The cost for that is $500.00." Kamarile replies, "Can  you please wrap this as well, I will give you and extra $50.00." The lady says, "Of course, we can, it will be done in about 15 minutes from the time you pay."

Kamarile hands the lady $550.00, and the lady puts it in the cash register, and then heads to the back to wrap the items.  Once the lady comes back and comments, "Here is your package."  Kamarile smiles and says, "Wow, this is the most unique wrapping I have ever seen, Thank you for doing this, and have a great day." 

Kamarile heads out the door happy knowing her business meeting would be off to a great start.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Frabjous
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL