Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 23:34:43
Game Suggestions
2 Watchers
Page:  1 
RHM to also get notified of new personal events for CL Started by: Le-Semois on Jan 09, '22 18:01

Hiya

So my thinking is that if a RHM can get the little envelop notification if his CL got a mail, why not get a similar notification if the CL receives a notificaiton. E.g. if the CL gets shot at or his bgs shot at a RHM wouldn't really know unless he regularly checks his CL's notifications. I think it would be a good feature so the RHM can more easily monitor threats vs his CL.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

If memory serves me correctly the RH gets to see more of what the CL is doing than the Cl sees of  either of their hands. If I am incorrect someone please correct, I have only accepted the offer of being a CL once. 

I have been in CL and both hands positions. I believe the RH sees more than the Left hand does. 

In my honest opinion the CL and both hands should see each others mails and notifications. 

Report Post Tip

If we did that I would never have to be an upper again. I'm in. 

On a more serious note, I'm all for the alert flashing in the upper left, but I would not like a toast (they're call that still ya?) on the bottom right. And I would like it limited only to attacks to the CL, BGs or HQ. Anything else is not needed. 

In terms of a family CL/hands seeing each others mails and alerts, it doesn't make sense. The big manager of a company with a personal assistant does not bother themselves with the underlings inbox/mails. They delegate, which is why they share access to their calendar/inbox/work things. 

Implementing it would have 3 possible outcomes that I can think of: 

1.) People will not accept upper positions anymore due to either the lack of privacy or the abundance of alerts/mails they have to deal with

2.) People will stop mailing if they accept upper positions, ignoring the mailbox completely causing important mails not to be passed on to the family.

3.) Everything is great (but everyone knows I can never be upper again because if you do I WILL BREAK U WITH MY MAILS.) 

Overall I think the event alerts is a good idea, but the outcome would most likely be number 2 based on my experinces of dying with a lot of mails, people mailing the dead name, mailing the new name and having the CL mails on top of that just being too much to even want to attempt to deal with. 

Report Post Tip

I understand what you are  saying Maxine. 

But here is an example of why I am of this opinion. On occasion the Left Hand is the only one on (not just in the district but in the city) when important issues that  require immediate action happen.  The left hand is left out sitting there watching what is transpiring like a normal member, not knowing what is going on. This makes for unstable upper structure when these occasions happen.

Report Post Tip

This is why when uppers send relevant mails they should be sending to "All uppers" of the city/district/game" where applicable. Not everyone is on at all times and this ensures that one of the three will be able to handle it. Putting in new code to cover the mistakes of a players actions isn't a good way to go and teaches nothing. This sounds really harsh and its not meant to be, but I cant think of another way to word it. 

Report Post Tip
That's part of the responsibility you have as a righr hand checking the personals of your leader. A good rhm is always on point with these things. There are other things in place to warn of bg shooting as well.
Its not the lhm job to have access to the personals of the leader just how it was intended I believe. That is what separates the postion. Choose wisely when selecting a rhm. Someone active when you are not or someone who is very aware of the game state and knows how to handle themselves.
Report Post Tip

I think the goal (which may be a nitty-gritty first version then a much more expanded version after we get time) would be a full on permissions system.  We've separated most of the personals into their own categories, we could finish that up and then do 'groups'.  Give the CLs the ability to give basic control with groups and eventually granular control depending on what they want to share.

Maybe even a private flag on mail so that its only given to that person regardless of what permissions they have given to hands?

Ultimately this sort of has to be done anyway for some other game reasons, so it wouldn't be too far of a tangent to do permission for the hand(s).

Report Post Tip

Squishy I think  that would help a lot, with certain situations like the one I mentioned. I do get it is the responsibility of the uppers to do this and it obviously reflects badly that the occasions even happen. Like Maxine said it is the responsibility of uppers, but a fail safe like what you mentioned would help a lot with the uppers trying to do their job and a lack of support or maybe just a lack of attention. 

Report Post Tip

+1

Definitely see benefit of having alerts especially for wack/bg attempts and fort attacks. 

Report Post Tip

One thing I never understood and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here. Why is it that we are moving to make the game extremely easy? Having another upper see a personal is huge for rogues and war planning.  Not me personally I dont miss capped shots but for others.  .

I dont really understand the need for that tbh. If all other members can see and do what the rhm and lhm can. Kinda defeats the purpose of them. ​​​​​

I think the underlying affect would be nominal. With witness statements or multiple rogues/obits it becomes evident and most pro quickly regardless. While I agree and I don't approve of most suggestions that would make the game easier per se however this would be low on the list o having a broader impact.  

If that's your preferred direction then we should also remove RH reading CL MMs I would think, yes? I'm not sure how seeing the CLs personals would give someone an edge other than a rogue since most get pro after first wave in wartime. Same would apply for a rogue albeit perhaps not as widespread. If we want to talk about making the game less easy would should enforce activity guidelines for uppers. 

We're only talking about RH seeing CL personals from what I'm understanding. I could be wrong. 

Report Post Tip

Sorry forgot to include Pablo.

Cheers,

Report Post Tip
Not everyone gets prod. That's just the reality of the situation iv been there multiple times multiple accounts. By no means is everyone prod after first shot/wave. Literally odin just died like this.
Its not about giving anyone an edge. The information is much more crucial, location pro time etc. That is the point of the role. I feel as if I'm speaking another language. I dont mean that to be rude just dont know how else to say it . The hand postions are already meant for a magnitude of things one being able to check your leaders personals.
Bacon
Report Post Tip

Just playing devil's advocate to contribute to game suggestions. I understand I what you mean I'm just looking for further dialogue.

Report Post Tip

Feck, sorry forgot to include Pablo.

Report Post Tip
Lol fair enough. The more people discussing the better gives others the opportunity double down or change there perspective.

Game Suggestions
Replying to: RHM to also get notified of new personal events for CL
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL