Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 16:14:19
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
RAT + Only 1 in the Pool RAT Disabled Started by: Mike on Jan 16, '22 07:49

RAT should not end if there is only one person in the hit-pool when there were active people that were put in a previous pool. 

<&MRBot> ROGUE-A-THON: Since there was no competition, RAT has been disabled. The kiddie pool starts to take on a yellow tint as Solskjaer and the lifeguard exchange awkward glances. It is up to you to keep it alive via Lounge/RAT activity. The 56 remaining RATs have been cancelled.
<&MRBot> ROGUETTE: With a final bullet, Roguette's pitiful attempt has been thwarted. There are 56 remaining RATs. The shooter beat 0 to the hit. 30 shots were fired.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

There was supposed to be a 'not equals to' sign (≠) in the title, but it didn't work. 

But yeah. It would be great if the RAT doesn't disable if there is only one person in the pool who shoots at the rogue/tte. 

Report Post Tip

But LOOK LIVELY FOLKS - 2:52 <&MRBot> ROGUE-A-THON: A RAT event has been spawned, queuing up 60 kills. It is up to you to keep it alive via Lounge/RAT activity.

Pools  of 1 only happen because there are no other active players eligible through activity/cool-down. The 1 pool killer is now on cool down thus rendering zero active players. Personally I think it works great the way it is and the logic is sound.

Report Post Tip

There were five active people yesterday and four were put in the first hit pool. That had nothing to down with keeping the Rouge-a-thon it alive with Lounge and RAT activity. It was just pure RNG. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

" There were five active people yesterday and four were put in the first hit pool. "

The downside is users are unable to see who has RAT turned on, who has it turned off, who is active in what channels, who has bonuses and who does not, who has a high vote score bonus, who has a high fraud rate, who was penalized for trying to game the bot, who wasn't.

It will always put 50% of people who are eligible into the pool, reserving 50% for the next round. 

The original design was that when it knows there will be 0 competition because users failed to get others involved was to stop it there, but I decided to still give out the +1.  If it ever gets to a 1 pool, then the users already failed and the event should be cancelled.  I would rather try again later when there are more people willing to work together than to keep giving a +1 to the same person 60 times.

I will reword the bot a little bit to further drive home the point that the users can extend the life of the RAT +1, up to 59 times, by activity.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: RAT + Only 1 in the Pool RAT Disabled
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL