Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 07:48:43
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Wiki Wiki Started by: AliceLiddell on Jan 16, '22 20:38

We have recently heard about the games Wiki. Most of us know this is where we can get BASIC game play guides. Most of us know that the tiny question marks next certain  topic in the menu at the top of the page.

I say most because the newer players do not know that this is here.

Now why I am speaking of the Wiki for the game. because if you go through the pages will see that is has not been updated in recent years. This page was last modified on 8 June 2014, at 22:05. This date I found at the bottom of every page  of the games wiki pages I looked at. 

This means that people are being directed to a page that is incomplete in its information such as cities missing, due to updates that have happened in the game. This is normal.  Which makes the Wiki outdated. 

Now my understanding of a WiKi may be incorrect but as I understand it most anybody can contribute information to these.

If this is the case then maybe those people that play here who like to write and who like to help people could organize and  update the games Wiki. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

The Wiki is on my list of things to work on, but with the new version on the horizon I don't know how beneficial spending time on this would be right now having to re-edit/update again in the future. But if you want to drop Jen a mail of the key issues in the wiki that are 100% incorrect I can see about getting that updated. 

Report Post Tip

I don't know how beneficial spending time on this would be right now having to re-edit/update again in the future.

This is why it should be checked regular to make sure it is up to date because of all the updates done since then and being done including future ones. Maxine I don't think one person should take on this task staff or not it would be  tedious and daunting. That is why I suggested that the writers who like to help others maybe should do it. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Hey Alice. 

We are in the process of updating the entirety of the wiki, and by we (at the moment), I am referring to myself. 

We are reformatting the wiki for how the information is presented under three categories. (Tab, Gameplay, Lore) We are also rewriting the documentation as we are creating those pages. You can check the 'Recent Changes' page to see what has been created so far. 

Editing the Wiki: https://wiki.mafiareturns.com/wiki/Talk:Editing_the_Wiki

It will take a bit of time as we go through everything, and my hope is to ask for the communities help as we progress.

However, if you are interested, please reach out to me to see what we can do. 

Thanks!

Report Post Tip

Mike, let me know if you need me to escalate anyones account access to help you out.

Report Post Tip

now having to re-edit/update again in the future.

99% of it will stay the same, some slight edits needed for things being moved around, but all the content itself would still be valid, its probably relatively safe.  

One day, when all the planets align, the cigarette trees are in full bloom, and the whisky rivers are flowing I may actually get to the point where a wiki page is pushed live at the same moment of a new feature and the news & announcement!

Report Post Tip

Mike do we have a list of the areas that need updates? 

Report Post Tip

This (https://wiki.mafiareturns.com/wiki/Profit_(Tab)) is the first tab page that is mostly completed. Main goal is to combine individual 'pages' into one, rewrite it to have uniformity in structure, and add references/citations to validate what is documented. Some of the information on old pages are either outdated, missing information, or includes unverified/wrong 'facts' - so while rewriting them, references should be made to News and Announcements or Help forum. (Help forum citations should come from staff members)

I am currently working on Actions (Tab), and the following pages will need to be written/rewritten;
Comm / News & Info / Manage / Help / Chat

This is the roadmap: https://wiki.mafiareturns.com/wiki/Talk:Editing_the_Wiki

From there on, we will review all the pages once more to ensure the information is accurate, hyperlinking pages to one another, and diving further into the forums for more citations.

I would also encourage those who do not want to necessarily 'write' whole sections but want to do a bit of research, or offer two cents, or point out mistakes, to reach out to me as well. Talk: pages are there so you can 'talk' about the page it is linked to, and to assist us in this project. 

Report Post Tip

I will reach out Mike. although my schedule will get busier next week. Like I told Maxine this a big project no one person should handle it alone. 

Report Post Tip

Thank you, Mike! I'll reach out via MM to see if I can be of assistance :)

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Wiki Wiki
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL