Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 05:42:37
Help
5 Watchers
Page:  1 
Plagiarism vs. Inspiration - How to not be Deleted Started by: Jen on Jan 16, '22 22:22

When using the inspiration of Google for help when it comes to describing businesses or crafting delicious menus here are some tips to make sure that your thread isn't deleted and your account isn't punished for breaking the site rules. 

1. If you must copy and paste from any source that is not your own written words, use block quotes. 

This box will ensure that the should someone see you have copied lyrics, poems, quotes, wikipedia articles or even other posts from our forums, your post will survive to be read another day. 

2. When pulling inspiration for descriptions of buildings ensure that 85% of the words are your own and the staff are not able to match full sentences from a simple google search.  This includes copying a sentence, changing one word and then cutting it off halfway and proclaiming it your own.

Example From Google: 

With 14 varied floor plans offering studio, convertible, one, two, and three bedroom apartments, this spectacular high-rise is just minutes from Navy Pier, the Magnificent Mile, Lakeshore Drive, the beaches along Lake Michigan, and mass transit.

What not to do: 

With 7 varied floor plans offering one, two,  three bedroom and penthouse apartments, this spectacular high-rise is something to consider.

3. Authentic-sounding food menus are difficult due to fun accents and characters, so copying the name of a food item is perfectly acceptable. But when it comes to the delicious description then you need to make sure the words are your own. 

Google Example: 

Vegetarian Sandwich: Three cheeses, artichoke hearts, red onions, zucchini and tomatoes and herb seasoning baked on a roll and topped with creamy white sauce.

What you SHOULD do: 

Vegetarian Sandwich - Fresh baked bread covered in a medly of roasted vegatbles such as Artichoke hearts, tomatos, zuccini and red onions. Topped with a creamy sauce and then a mixture of cheeses are melted on top before being served. 

4. If a past character has posted a thread you can not re-use the thread by reposting it on your newest name. Recyling threads and posts is a big no-no and causes headaches so please do not do this. 

If you have any questions, my inbox is open. Thank you. 

Report Post Tips: 17 / Total: $340,000 Tip

I often find that the best thing to do with Menus is to post them back alley and link to them, this also gives you the option to update your menu if you so desire a few months down the line.

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $140,000 Tip

I have a question about number 4. 

What if you are playing that past character again and continuing that particular story?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Use the existing thread, don't repost it. 

Report Post Tip

Grewyn_Price I have actually done that and had the continuance of the story removed  from the post with no explanation. This is why I asked the question, for clarification for myself and others who may want to do this.

Report Post Tip
  • If Alice-2015 Writes a thread and then dies, Alice-2022 can reply to the thread carrying on the story as if no death had occurred. 

• If Alice-2015 has a story thread, and Alice-2022 re-discovers it and feels inspiration but wants to re-post ANY of the writing done by Alice-2015 it MUST go into block quotes. 

Hopefully this is clear, apologies for the delay I wanted to ensure that I was on the same page as Alice before giving an answer. 

Report Post Tip

Thank you for the clarification Jen.

Would a post that is a countinuation of a story be ok if it was not in tthe original forum

Such as Jamesstarts to write a storry from his perspective

Then his sun opens a new forum and continues said story from the sons perspective
Report Post Tip

Continuations are fi e, as long as you block quote any sections of the original story you quote verbatim.

Help
Replying to: Plagiarism vs. Inspiration - How to not be Deleted
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL