Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 14:43:58
Page:  1 
Paying Your Dues to Kuku Started by: Justified on Jan 22, '22 19:17

In the real world, we have a system of royalties which protects the copyright of artists.  I'm basically The Beatles of MR thread-writing, and basically you have all been influenced by me.

I would like to unofficially copyright the following slogans and sayings, and request that you pay royalties to me, via tipping me here, if you use any of my unofficially copyrighted sayings or slogans.  

I'll work out a system of rates and royalties in due course, but I'd suggest maybe $3m per use of the following:

* Using the term "son" to address someone else.  I started this, so you should pay me

* Competitive Writing Community - this is mine.  Pay up.

* Writing competition - I basically invented this, so pay me some royalties

* Systematic Immolation of Thought - I promoted this so heavily that you should pay me - but please note that I don't own the actual copyright

I'll add to this as I remember more of the contributions that I have made to the discourse and lexicon of this thing of ours.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I don't think so. Who came up with "son" was Azealia Banks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Jv9fNPjgk

shrugs

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

* Using the term "son" to address someone else.  I started this, so you should pay me

This term to address people goes way back in history. It  has a good or  many bad connotations to it depending on the context and environment  it is being used in. It use to be  used  as a term of respect, but more often than not people used it as a derogatory term trying to  exalt themselves above who they are speaking to, so it became a generally acknowledged derogatory term. 

The only time it is not a derogatory term is when a person uses it in reference to a male child.  Such as:
This is my son.
You are like a son to me.
That is Jack and Jane's son. 

It is also considered racist if you use it  in the wrong setting or  towards the wrong person. As slave owners would use the word to make the African slave feel less or to reinforce that the slave owner was above the slave.   Personally I would not claim the initiation of such a term or word, promoting such a term shows a lot towards persons character.

Report Post Tip

Stands to reason i'd say that the original poster here, thought that they were...Justified, in the content and their stance. Based on replies thus far, said OP, may have been a bit...Kuku

Take a seat son, whats next will systemically immolate your mind.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Paying Your Dues to Kuku
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL