Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 08:24:57
Page:  1 
Return to Old Ways Started by: Bellicose on Feb 02, '22 00:06

Running his fingers through his hair, Bellicose sits back in his chair and thinks for a minute. He reminisced about how far this game has come and smiled at knowing how involved the gods truly were. Seeing some familiar faces and even hearing of the new authorizations walking the streets, first of many bloodlines, he couldn't help but feel that the Mafia world was where we always wanted to be. 

I guess there will always be the idea of, "Back in my day..."

Bellicose sits up and looks at his friends. 

Now I have never been one to gain a large audience on my words but I have tried plenty of times before. And if I have your ear, I guess I would love to invite you to share your thoughts on something. 

If you could, bring back something that was at one time common in our world, bring back a sort of way of handling business. What would it be?

Years ago now, the idea of sharing the reasons why we went to war was something that occurred from the leader of a city shortly after a war. For me, this was always something I looked forward to listening to. Unfortunately, it was met with the same repetitive, "That wasn't going to happen." or the classic, "You're lying." It was an act of reunification of the underworld after such tragic losses we would experience. Should I wish for anything to come back in our lifetime, this would have to be my pick personally. But its always a no win situation for the winning side as shouts from the deceased children will disrupt the speech. 

Perhaps you have something that you would like, I know at one time there was the belief that all those who were to be Made Men had to have spoken up in the streets or been around the business district a few times. Then once they did that, there was a certain respect that was attributed to them that they had earned it without just collecting units, but as we know some don't enjoy being front and center. 

There was the idea of no member whoring, a focus on solid recruiting. I know myself, when I came to these shores, I was met with invitations without conversations. It was quite distasteful for me but I understand who don't know the language I know probably could have been housed immediately. 

Anyways I would love to invite you to share your one thing you would bring back from the sands of time, if you could. Or I guess, you would prefer that we would never bring any of those things, or others back and would like to stay here. That is a totally fine response as well! 

Bellicose sits back down and puts his hands through his hair waiting for someone to respond. 

Report Post Tips: 19 / Total: $380,000 Tip

Honesty listened to Bellicose's thoughts of reminiscence. At this time, Honesty was a very wise and old man and had a long, luxurious white beard that he stroked when rocking on his chair, sitting on his front porch. Or, he saw himself that way because kids always threw eggs at Honesty when he stepped out of the house because he was often called a toddler. "GAGA GOO GOO, MOTHERFUCKERs", Honesty would often reply. However, this reminiscing made the Canadian open his ancestors' notes on tales of old. Tales of great names and gutter leaders. Tales of people worshipping the maple gods and tales of the heretics. Tales of respect and the tales of plagued bottom-feeders like the Kuku lineage. After carefully reading these notes and tucking them back where they would be safely kept (his behind), Honesty felt like he was ready to reciprocate to Bellicose's words.

"From the notes I've read, war threads were extremely common back then. Like you said, the people who replied often didn't believe the leaders who presented their side. Sometimes, the kin of the fallen would tell a different story. I think a mixture of those things is why there was a steady decline in war speeches. Whether it is for the better or for the worse, I can't say, but my ancestors did enjoy reading the war notes and listening to the war speeches."

Honesty then took out his flask from his inner pocket. He sipped on the maple alcohol and thought some more about what he read.

"My ancestors also read notes on made man ceremonies. They had participated in some and it was quite a site to see. However, I don't know if this pertained to the 'old ways', but rather pertained to traditions that certain lineages had. Maybe I am wrong though, as these are just notes that I've read and not experience I've witnessed first hand. One of my ancestor's jotted down in his journal that one of the ceremonies he had partaken in was a maze of some sort. He was quite amazed by it and it was one of his most cherished memories during his lifetime."

Honesty took a quick pause and downed the rest of the flask in one solid gulp

"Here's what I think. We focus a lot on the past because nostalgia is one of the most powerful emotions. The way I see it, our descendants will reminisce about the times we are living through right now, as we speak. Maybe they'll say that times were great now. Who knows? I think sticking to the past might not always be a good thing. For example, even if war speeches were enjoyed by some, it's clear that if it was enjoyed by most that they would still be a thing. So, is it really a good thing to want back? Or is it better to leave those times as nostalgia?"

Honesty took another swig, but forgot he finished his flask. He yelled: "WHO THE FUCK FINISHED MY MAPLE?!?! Oh, yeah, that's right..."

Honesty calmed down and stayed still for a brief moment.

"One thing I have read in my ancestors' notes that I wish would make a comeback is when leaders pronounced protection orders for the 'innocent' mobsters. The 'children' of this thing of ours, if you will. From what I've gathered, it's a practice that is dying down with time and I think it's something that should be brought back."

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Shayna had managed to stumble upon someone speaking. A small smile fell across her face while her brain reeled through some journals. There was always so much about the old days that seemed to stick to Shayna. Perhaps she was an old soul after all.

"It might not mean much to most people, but I would love to see real loyalty again. Not the "loyal until it no longer benefits me" mentality."

With a shrug, Shayna disappeared into the night.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Honesty- You mentioned something that I myself did not consider, everyone has a different experience. How ignorant of me to believe for even a second that You held the same familiarity as I have, or anyone for that matter. So yes, you are 100 percent correct and I want to affirm that. 

Bellicose continues to look at his notes he took as honesty- was speaking. 

So protection orders for those who were under made. I actually was not aware this was no longer a thing. Should anyone else be hearing me, I think this was a crucial decision we as a group of murderous, treacherous, conniving, monsters made. The decision to allow those who were not sworn into a family, under made men that is, to continue to live. Of course, there is always the idea that guys like me, who are not made but our part of the leadership of a city should not be permitted to live. I would agree with this sentiment. Despite not having the title of being made, they are one of the more trusted individuals. 

Wise guys to gangsters, for the growth of our nation should be permitted to continue their livelihood under a new leader. This is my personal opinion. 

As he was going to continue speaking, a young person carrying a book stumbled on the scene. Shayna closed her journal and spoke about Loyalty and was seemingly disappointed that it has faded away and a new mentality began to dominate the underworld. That of the loyalty of personal benefit over the crew. 

Bellicose remembered how his ancestors fought in wars and he tried sending them to crews with friends but how they stood by until they all died. He remembered how his great grandfather opened a beer as he faded into the night with the legendary warrior known as Tyrion several decades ago. He remembered how one of his ancestors was betrayed in new york by their own friend and how angry he was about it. 

He agreed with the woman. He also knew that loyalty was always something that was earned and never just granted. He looked up at her after realizing what she was saying resonated with him. He noticed she was walking away from the street speech. Bellicose looked at Honesty. 

Honesty- I, I have to go see about a girl. Can you take over this interaction with these strangers for a little while? I would love to hear more of the thoughts people had. 

Honestys eyebrows rose in a state of perplexion. That is not a word. Bellicose than hustled down the street to meet this stranger who navigated her way into his conversation.  

Report Post Tip

Bellicose ran back. 

Wow that was a good conversation. Okay, what did I miss? 

Report Post Tip

I think this is a good topic for people to contribute to.

I think ways have moved forward in a really positive manner but there is a lot we can learn from past times and especially the org(anisation) era. 

Ill have a think on some of those so I can elaborate properly. 

In terms of the scorched earth policy it is a hard one. Nowadays one final gun can cause a lot of grief and hardship. If you leave everybody Wise Guy and below to live on then that person could have much more chance of being protected from being shot at. This causes much grief and hardship. 

The easiest way to eliminate such threats is ensure that no-one can help save them to give as many people as possible the opportunity to get a shot away.

Unfortunately I do not see it as something you can do anymore. 

Report Post Tip

Brilliant topic to discuss! I cannot agree more with all the things you mentioned with maybe the exception of the made criteria as I do think this should be down to each crews discretion, members can contribute in a number of ways but as long as they are that's the most important thing.

God I do miss the post war briefings and the rants that almost went on for as long the wars used to - and some of them went into weeks (the wars) with people in leadership skilled to be able to really really fight to the bitter end. Lol some of the post war 'discussions' on the streets often lead to the next mini war too, always interesting that. 

On a personal in crew thing I miss the made man ceromnies in whatever for they took, made it feel like more of a thing than just the nod to get the rank. 

I also miss street banter - not the usual nutters I mean real banter - that was robust but factual (as that person saw it anyway) and across all ranks so a thug if worded correctly could say stuff that wouldn't happen now and the CL's were solid enough to either ignore or in a lot of cases reply, it helped the community at large get to know the little people as well as the big boys too. Silent faces isn't as fun as the 'old days' for sure.

Proper funerals. It was insisted that if a family member died all visit, I can understand the dickheads that die nothing needs to be said and also the clarification of no w/s needed so we all get it but otherwise as referred to by a previous speeker where is the loyalty f not, especially when not even a crew leader and both hands at a minimum are too busy to attend.

I miss the rush to the marketplace to buy credit when things in IRC got heated when certain names were on and always wondering what the result would be. Agree on all and a few more for the pot! Nice topic thank you.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Return to Old Ways
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL