Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 12:38:32
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Help the sweepers Started by: Lincoln_Lawyer on Feb 04, '22 19:30

Not sure how realistic this is or how hard to code it would be, but its basically based on the way some Law Enforcement agencies reward folks for touting on their neighbours. Next door neighbour is dealing meth? Tell us and get a free Toaster and Kettle set... that kind of thing. This time though its Report a post for breaking the rules and if the Sweepers sweep it, you get a free Hustle point. Obviously the existing rules regarding false reporting would be strictly enforced to prevent folks from just reporting everything and everything.

Pros: Streets and BD get cleaned up easier and quicker

Negs: Extra Hustle points in the game?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

No thank you. 

Report Post Tip

Care to expand on your thoughts Maxine, rather than a simple no thanks?

Report Post Tip

Sure! *Puts her sweeper hat on* can't be arsed to swap accounts, so I was hoping for just a no and being left alone lol 

1. Who would have to reward the hustle points to valid reports? Sweepers. 

2. Who would have to deny hustle points to invalid reports? Sweepers. 

3. Who is already being accused of bullshit by users for doing X or not doing Y? Sweepers

I already can't please everyone when I delete for OOC or spam and get bitched at and accused of targeting them. I am not in favor of giving people another reason to bitch and moan at me because they disagree with my choice. And with this giving a reward for doing something stupidly simple, they're just going to argue even more to get the freebie. Because this game is full of some greedy entitled people who will throw tantrums at being told no, but then throw even bigger ones when denied freebies. 

TL;DR - People don't need another reason to be a dick to the staff because they're not getting their way

Report Post Tip

I understand your reasoning, and appreciate it Maxine. Its why I was suggesting coding it. If there was a way.

Something like I report. It goes to the sweepers, you click on the link. If you sweep, I get the point, and the OP gets a message, post swept due to player report. If its not swept I get nada. If its a fake report then you do what you do already. 

I'd only want this enacted if it could be automated, as I am not suggesting shovelling more shit onto your plate.

Report Post Tip

But if they don't get the hustle point they will still complain. It may also lead to people reporting 50 posts that are months, years old that yah they're OOC but they're so old they are not worth our effort. Its something that could be abused, and cause more abuse. 

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Help the sweepers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL