Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 18:40:08
Page:  1 
The Cleaners Started by: Terrah on Feb 16, '22 00:13

Terrah lazily walked along the sidewalk her boots making slight scuffing sounds as she did. She needed a front for her business something that would never be suspected by the cops. Some place that would fly under the radar where she could conduct business privately if needed. As she strolled down the street she noticed an old dry cleaners  with a for sale sign in the window. She walked up and looked through the window unable to see anything she wiped the crude from window with her sleeve and peered the small cleaned spot. 

A smile grew on her face as saw a front area and what looked to be a hallway to possibly an office space. She stepped from the dead flowerbed and walked over to the door. She is not sure what prompted her to check the door but she did and as luck would have it was unlocked.  Stepping inside the first thing Terrah noticed was the dusty musky smell. Nothing a little airing out wouldn't solve.  She strolled down the hallway the first room was storage space with a small doorless room that had  a toilet and washbasin both of which  looked to need a good bleaching. Several more steps down the hall was a door to the alley and another closed door. Her hand on the doorknob she thought if this room was an office space this place would be perfect.  She pushed the door open and  was elated to see it was indeed an office space. 

She left the dry cleaners and took the for sale from the window not only for the number but also so no one else would buy the run down place before she did.

Several days later and she was signing the the real estate papers . She looked at the drying smiling at the irony of a cleaner running cleaning business. She smiled and thought was the perfect name for her place  finally it came to her, The Cleaners. She chuckled silently to herself at the irony of it all as she the real estate office to clean her new business up.  

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $60,000 Tip

She puffed through her lips trying to blow a wayward hair from her face as she carried buckets fill with rags and other various cleaning supplies  in to her new establishment. She would have to clean the years of dust from the place before she could open. She set one of buckets on the service counter at the front and carried the other to the back. She would start in the office space after all that was  where real business would take place.  After several hours of bleach filled air it was finally clean. The place actually shined.

Terrah's day was getting even better the new sign she had ordered the place had just arrived. She carried a ladder out and put the sign up> Looking yup at the sign her smile grew.   The Cleaners ,the lettering was scrolled in Old English black bold print, smiling to herself the place was cleaning up nicely.  Placing a bell on the door so she could  hear people entering she went back inside to wait for people to need their dry cleaning done. She laughed a little at the irony of running dry cleaner ."Well Terrah you are good at making messes disappear." she said out loud speaking to herself as  she walked to the office in the back. 

Report Post Tip

Since arriving in Detroit things had not gone as well as first planned for Kym. The usual contact for cleaning services had been shutdown by the cops, some disgruntled customer flapped their gums and the rest is now history. That particular loose lipped idiot, even after putting up a hell of a fight for survival, was now facedown in the river, . Kym had to phone Enzo and explain the whole situation, the silence from the end of the phone spoke volumes of Enzo's rage at the situation. However he was quick to come up with a new plan, which Kym was attempting to carry out. Find a new cleaner and fast.

There had been rumours of a new place in town that might just be what Kym was looking for. Crossing the street opened the door to 'The Cleaners'. The sound of the little bell made her smile as it reminded her of the little sweet shop she used to visit as a child. Approaching the counter, Kym carefully checked the place for listening ears. Once satisfied the place was empty of people, other than herself and owner, smiled and greeted the young lady behind the counter.

"Hi, I have a lot of dry cleaning needed doing before I leave. This place was recommended, could you talk me through what level of service you have to offer." Kym casually adjusted a small broach, which had her crew's symbol, on her coat and waited to see if this would prove to be the place she needed. 

Report Post Tip

Terrah heard the chime of the bell through the opened door of her office. She walked out to the counter and saw a young woman there. The first thing she noticed was she did have any articles of clothing with her.  Terrah smiled as she stopped behind the register. It had been a short while since she had her last job from the looks of it  she may have another here soon.  Seeing the woman's broach Terrah knew this was not for any clothing. 

"Welcome let's step back into my office. " The woman introduced herself as Kym. The two women walked down the hall to her office. " Who recommended me?" She asked as a questioning look played across her face. She had to know if it was a good recommendation or if this was some set up. After one of her rivals in the business had recently been raided and busted by the cops there was need to be a little cautious. 

Th two women entered her office the bright sun shining through the window cascaded across the room. Terrah sat her desk in her overstuffed chair and indicated the comfy chair across from the desk for the woman. 

Report Post Tip

Kym followed the young lady, who she recognised from a description given by her boss, to the back office. As Terrah took, what looked to be a very comfortable chair, made herself comfortable in the chair offered to herself. Impressed by the casually asked but cautious question, Kym began, with a warm smile, answering Terrah.

"After having to phone and inform my boss, Enzo, of the shutdown of the previous place. He had Ralph confirm SatoruGojo had authorised a new setup. Which left me to do some casual leg work here and led me to yourself. I'm hoping I've not made a mistake but here is what I am after." Removing her hat Kym conveyed an air of a relaxed calmness. "My first interest is the occasional scene clean." Kym leaned forward with mischievous smile and in a playful conspiratorial whisper continued talking. "There are some that are really messy with blood." Settling back in her chair Kym continued. "There is also the money side, as you know we all like a shiny penny and note. And that's it. So are you able to help or at least point me in the right direction ?"

Report Post Tip

Terrah sat in her chair listening to the woman once she said Enzo's name and Gojo's she knew she was most likely legit.  One of her eyebrows raised slightly as the woman recounted the story of her rival getting raided. Terrah smile and shook her head. 

"No mistake." Terrah poured her self a glass of whisky and looked to the woman who appeared to be relaxed. "Would you like a drink? " She asked as Kym leaned forward. Terrah laughed gently at her playfulness the job often was harsh so a little playfulness was welcomed.

"Cleaning is my specialty and blood is no bother. I can have the scene spotless, or make it completely disappear. Just depends which you prefer." She looked to the woman her gaze nonchalant." Will it just be scene clean up or will I be disposing of collateral also? It will alter the price if bodies are involved."

Report Post Tip
Pleased with the knowledge that she had found a new cleaner for her boss, Kym nodded at the question posed. "Very handy to know you can make them both dissappear or spotless. As for bodies, I tend to use those as either a warning or an example of my boss,Enzo's, displeasure" A thought of always having a plan B cropped up "However it doesn't hurt to have a backup plan, a price for all three scenarios would be useful"
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Terrah smiled as she poured them both drink  and slid one toward Kym.
"For a clean scene I charge 5 grand, if I have to dispose of a body 10 grand per body in addition to the charge for cleaning the scene. If you want it simply gone that will be a solid 50 grand." 

She recited her prices as she never wrote them down, it made it easier to deny if there was no paper trail.

Report Post Tip

Picking up the drink, slid towards her, Kym took a sip and nodded in appreciation of a decent whisky. Listening to the pricing of each scene, Kym was pleased she hadn't been far off the mark in guessing what the cost might be.

"These seem more than reasonable" Reaching in to her bag Kym pulled out two envelopes and placed them on the desk. "We accept" Moving one envelope at a time closer to Terrah, Kym continued "Once of these is a welcome from Hollywood Construction, and the other is a deposit for future business"

Kym, with glass in hand, settled back in to her chair and raised her glass "We look forward to the future" Taking another appreciative sip of her drink, she grinned "Now, before I leave you must tell me where I can get my hands on this fantastic whisky"

Report Post Tip

Terrah took the envelopes as they were slid towards her. She placed them into her one of her desk drawers and locked it she would them in the safe later when she alone.

She smiled at Kym and raised her glass towards the woman a smile in her eyes. "To the future."
Terrah took a sip the smooth brown liquor.
"Oh well that information will cost you more." She laughed lightly. "I will send you a bottle."

With all the conflicts going on between families Taraji had lost quite a few of her trusted cleaners.  When Claudette told her that Terrah had a cleaning business, had heard they were pretty good, Taraji decided to check it out.  She didn’t know Terrah that well but knew she and Apollyon were a part of the same organization and she might be able to get a head up from him.

With her lifestyle she needed the best cleaners what would do the job right. With all this new advance trace analysis bullshit she needed expert cleaners.  They developed this method by applying a piece of sticky tape to a surface; they can collect particles that can then be examined under a microscope.  They got Roscoe fingerprints like that, place him at the scene and took her a lot of money to get him off.  Not only that, sometimes she could give the cleaners advance notice they might be needed but sometimes things can go terrible wrong and need them on the scene right away.  Taraji didn’t know if Terrah could provide that type of service.

Taraji and Claudette arrived at The Cleaners.  When they walked in they were greeted by a receptionist.  Taraji told the receptionist she was there to see Terrah and what she was there for.  She told them to have a seat that Terrah would be right with them.

Report Post Tip

Terrah had the bell chime on the front door giving her notice was in there. She finished the paperwork and the last of the whisky in her glass just as her phone rang. Her gaze slowly turned toward the phone to see which line it was. Recognizing the line to be her receptionist she picked up the receiver knowing already someone was waiting for her.

"Yes, Clarice." Her voice flowed through the line. 
" There is a Taraji here Ma'am. Says she has an appointment with you." the receptionist was like crystal flowing through the lines.
" Thank you Clarice. You can send her back. Also, you can take the rest of the day off. I 'll clean up you just lock it up on your way out."

Terrah hung up the phone as she relaxed in her chair waiting for Taraji to enter her office. 

Report Post Tip

Clarice the receptionist told Taraji that Terrah would see her now and showed her the way to Terrah office.  When she walked in Terrah greeted her.  She would smell a slight hint of whiskey.  Taraji didn't know if that was a good thing or not but would see.  Terrah offer them to have a seat and pulled out a bottle of whiskey  and 2 glasses from the cabinet behind her and asked if they care for a drink.  Taraji said why not. Terrah pass the glasses and bottle to her and told her to help herself.  Taraji pour herself and shot passed the bottle to Claudette who pour herself a shot also.  

As Taraji sipped on the whiskey she explained exactly what she needed and let Terrah know she was willing to pay good money for good dependable people. 

Report Post Tip

Terrah listened as Taraji explained what she needed and watched as the two ladies enjoy a nice relaxing drink.   When Taraji had finished the details Terrah smiled and recited her prices. 

"For a clean scene I charge 5 grand, if I have to dispose of a body 10 grand per body in addition to the charge for cleaning the scene. If you want it simply gone that will be a solid 50 grand."  She looked at Taraji a moment as her bottom lip rolled through her  teeth.  " I 'll give  you a city discount though and only charge 10 grand for body clean up regardless of the amount of bodies left. "

She leaned back in her chair waiting to see if they came to an agreement on terms.

Report Post Tip

Terrah gave Taraji and Claudette the nod to help themselves to another shot which they did.  The price was unbeatable.  Taraji knew 

Victor-Luchese would be satisfied with that price.  The only concern  she had for  Terrah's  was if her cleaners could arrive at a location on a short notice. 

Report Post Tip

After the two ladies had their drinks Terrah poured herself a shot of whisky savoring the aroma of liquor as she did. She looked up at Taraji and noticed emotion play across her face. Her brow seemed to knit a lit bit furrowed and a thoughtfulness was in her eyes. 

"Do you have any concerns?" Terrah paused very briefly then added. " I lead all the work that is done.  If we come to an agreement I will give you a direct phone number to myself." She pulled her whisky filled shot glass closer to herself her gaze and caught Taraji's gaze.

Report Post Tip

Taraji didn't know if it was the warmth that was flowing through her body from the shots of whiskey, but she had a good feeling about Terrah.  She gave the ok to Claudette.  Claudette open the briefcase she was carrying and counted out fifty thousand for Terrah as a advance payment.  She told Terrah only she and Victor-Luchese would contact her for a job. She waited for Terrah to acknowledge they had an agreement and given a contact number. 

Report Post Tip

Terrah smiled s she took the cash that Claudette had counted out. Reaching into the small rectangular drawer in front of her she pulled a rubber band and wrapped it around the bundle of cash. Then placed into  the customary desk drawer and locked it she would it in the safe later when she was alone.  "Thank you. It is good to do business with you, Taraji." She said as the lock clicked on the drawer.

She then began to recite her number as she never wrote important things down, she tried to always avoid a paper trail. 

" The number is 313-723-2713."

She then lifted her shot she had poured moments ago. "Here is to good business." A smile grew into her eyes as she watched  the two women, their glass lifted in the air over the center of the desk where Terrah's rested, the three women took a drink together to solidify the deal. 

Taraji, Claudette and Terrah raised and clicked their glasses.  She took the last sip out of the glass and sat it back down on the table. She extended her hand to Terrah.  As they shook hands Taraji told her it was nice doing business with her and would be in touch when she need Terrah's services. 

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Cleaners
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL