Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 11:29:11
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
MAle/Female characters Started by: Bulma on Feb 16, '22 15:06

So, Now we have the images on our profiles when we start that are all men, the same goes for Durdens.

How about we mix in females as well?

And for players the option to select male or female upon creating their character? It would influence the naming of rankings higher up as well?

Made Woman

Left Hand Woman

Right Hand Woman

Comare/Godmother/First Lady

would be nice to see that as well :)

Report Post Tip

As a female, i think the way it works now is just fine. If you start adding male/female, you will have people who don't identify as either or etc complaining it not inclusive enough. Then you have to have so many more options. Just to much complications. Especially since the game is set in the 1930s which wasn't known for including even women. 

Report Post Tip

New artwork simply isn't in the budget.  The ranks are titles, not genders, mankind isn't just half the population, its all of it, with every subsection included.  By specifying gender upon setup, that takes it from a genderless role to a specific 2 gendered role, creating exclusion.

We've previously gone through and removed gender from the wording in the game, with the exception of art - so I encourage users to create their own profile pictures to represent what they feel they want the users to see them as.  Perhaps in the future we will be in a better financial position to get artwork done for the NPCs and default images, but at this time there simply isn't anything we can bump off the list which wont have a large impact on the release date or functionality of the new game.

Report Post Tip

This conversation has been done before and the general consensus was to keep it as it is . 

I agree with  Kamarile on non binary genders  this is just doing male /female is not inclusive.  This is just reason it won't work. 

The game is transitioning into the 1950's where women had more rights but were still generally just wives of Made men. Even when women did start stepping into the mafia leadership roles it was because their husbands  in leadership roles were imprisoned, and a few it was after their husbands were killed and they took the reigns.

I must say Marla Singer  is a bitter woman so not including her in the Durden pool  I suspect is going to make her even more bitter. 

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: MAle/Female characters
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL