Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 21:26:34
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Forum- like/dislike Started by: Terrah on Feb 20, '22 16:20

My suggestion is to change the tipping of cash of forum posts to show your like/dislike or support of the post.

Currently the way it is set up is rank for abuse and is not an accurate take on whether people like the post because posters friends will tip the post with outrageous amounts of cash to give the false impression  of it's level support or level of likability.  

People have also used this feature to flash tip people repeatedly and it causes some glitching in the game play such as slowing the person game down. 

My suggestion is to change the tipping of cash to up votes and down votes. This will give a more accurate account of the support or likability of the post.  Yes, it can be abused by posters paying others with cash, credits or favors if they up vote their post.  But it not as easily abused as the system we have now. And iI think it will be a more accurate visualization of the likeability of the post. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,175 Tip

I'm not a fan. If you like or dislike a post, you can comment with your opinion. Creating shortcuts to show approval or disapproval feels lazy and unnecessary. We should be able to measure the tone of public opinion from the discussion taking place. It also invokes a social media feel that can be quite toxic, e.g. if you were someone who doesn't post often, being met with two dozen 'downvotes' and no replies is a silent killer, as opposed to being able to share a dialogue with someone who can express why they felt that way about your post. Tips are at least a fun monetary incentive and friends artificially inflating the number doesn't do anyone any harm. 

Report Post Tips: 23 / Total: $175,040,000 Tip

Claudius

You are correct it doesn't do any harm, it just gives a false depiction or false narrative of whether it is actually liked or not. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Hello Terrah. I hope you had a great day! Every once in a blue moon I look at the suggestions presented. I cannot say I am a fan of this proposed change. With all due respect, the outrageous amount of cash you speak about does happen. However, who are we to speculate it is a false impression? Personally, I have tipped from 20k to 1 million. And for no other reason other than the fact in my opinion it was worth my hard-earned money. If this change was to take place, I would be robbed of my pleasure to pay for a great read. If any change were to happen, I would not mind ridding the anonymous tipper because I cannot say thank you. :D 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Agreed I would hate a like dislike but I would love a non anonymous tip section instead

We could have one that stats something most. Posts that get tips are story and it’s good to know who likes your story
But we can still have anyom for reg posts. Incase they don’t want to be known for thugs such as a debate on the infamous
Evil underground association
Report Post Tip
Repeat topic
Report Post Tip

How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL