Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 13:39:17
Page:  1 
Whoring Started by: Dolly_Parton on Feb 22, '22 04:59

Hi folks, just wanted to test the yard stick with our current community on member whoring? I am just a few hours off the boat and was thrusted invitations from people who somehow knew my name already because they had seen it on a list as a new off the boat person and that was enough to be dragged into a family for shelter. This used to be a very frowned upon  thing - has the mood in game changed? Also what quality of person do those that do this expect for their crews too? I met my CL by working for him then he noticed I had tried and we had a conversation over lunch actually at the kitchen which was very very welcomed and it was a 2 way chat - what can I add to the family what can he do to support a little street kid, he showed me around and we both felt I would be a good fit. I laid the other hand thrusted without a word whilst running off invites in the corner of the HQ. Where does avoiding rebuild and whoring blend - in  my view it never should but I am keen in what appears to be a 'new world' others thoughts on this?

Report Post Tip

Times have changed a lot since member whoring was frowned upon. There are two reasons for these changes.

With new user retention being pushed so strongly, member whoring is actually encouraged. It's really a "by any means necessary" situation. The punishments can be severe for letting new users languish unsponsored and the community wants to avoid it at all costs. It's better to be proactive in recruiting than expect new users to just know what to do.

The second is because recruiting is ruthless. The user base is smaller than when whoring was extremely frowned upon. As the talent pool has shrank recruiting became more cut throat to fill your HQ. Crew leaders are competing for slimmer resources.

I personally don't see this change as a bad thing. Sure, it isn't very "mafia" but we can't take this game literally. We have to play the hand we are dealt and this is the reality of the situation.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Whoring
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL