Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:40:16
Page:  1 
Alert this is not a traffic light system Started by: PrinceofCheese on Apr 05, '08 13:22
A disgruntled Cheezo, grumbling, enters the main street

Ladies, gentlemen, medical giants,

It has come to my attention that perhaps I overestimate the intelligence of a portion of the population sometimes so in the case that this may be because of a lack of communication from leaders and gods alike I wanted to come out here today and make something clear.

The gods painting of our young and inexperienced (current generation rather than bloodline) mafioso does not affect your ability to shoot them at all. The u48 rule is still in place, if someone is red, blue, green or gold I don't care, if they are u48 do not shoot them unless there is some legitimate reasons related to your existence or a command from your leader.

This is not a reverse traffic light system where red means shoot.

The primary purpose of this initiative is so that leaders and gods alike can assess if deaths are in line with our rules or not. e.g.

"He mugged me so I shot him"

"No he didn't mug you as he is painted blue"

**Punish member as appropriate**

Nothing more, nothing less.

To even try and claim liberties with this is absolutely disgraceful.

In addition, the following is not acceptable unless specifically directed by your leader:

"He mugged my friend so I killed him"

When someone mugs you the correct etiquette is for you to first inform your leader or appropriate member of structure who is online. Second consider whether you want to be generous, think of profits and teach them the ways of the world if they are new or if not then you can shoot them presuming your leader concurs with your decision. That seems simple to me, let me know if not.

A bit of due dilligence and responsibility would go a long way here. It's not a give an inch, take a mile situation, we need to be intelligent and accountable for how we drive the development of our world rather than thinking that the size of our penis (insert appropriate metric for women as appropriate) is directly correlated to the size of our gun.

Happy to discuss the views of the community on the topic but really things seem pretty obvious to me...
Report Post Tip
I concur. Completley legitimate really.
Report Post Tip
Strolls into the street and listens to the Big Cheese

I dont like rules,

Shouldn't we all just shoot at each other?

Play a different type of game, a sort of Last man standing.

Anyone agree? Or is that just me?

Redies his Gun in case the response is yes
Report Post Tip
I have a question about this sir. A while back, maybe two weeks ago I was mugged by a Gangster who was below this 48 hour rule, the boss and right hand of Chicago Partisans were not around at the time, so I talked to two other family members one which was a Boss in the family. It was said that it was going to be taken care of.

But when the family tried to put a hit out on this Gangster, they couldnt because he was below 48 hours of age, does this mean that this Gangster was still seen as "innocent" by the Gods even if he had mugged? And if so would he have been blue or red faced when in the morgue?

I checked up on this Gangster in the morgue, and his name is still in "red" but all their names are in red, and I havent seen that change unless they join a family or get older than 48 hours. Only the obituary tells us who was and wasn't innocent, but after what I told you, can you tell me if they really do lose their innocence when they mug someone or attempt to mug someone. Not being able to put a hit on them tells me no, but I dont know, maybe you can help me figure that out sir or maybe one of the Gods could clear that up for us.
Report Post Tip
Dom, any gangster under 48 hours old, regardless of whether they're innocent or not, will show as red when you are viewing their name through their profile (sorry for the OOC).

I believe the distinction only appears in the Obits. First off, being either Red or Blue means they were under 48hrs. Red means they were not innocent in the eyes of the gods and had trained, mugged or shot. Blue means they had done none of these and are deemed innocent.

In your case, the mugger would have appeared red if he had been killed.

Also note, just because a hit cannot be put out on him when he's so young, does not mean he cannot be wacked...he can.

The fact that red appears to be used for different meanings depending on where you are looking at this Gangster's name probably doesn't help, but it's not bad once you figure it out.
Report Post Tip
When I say "just because a hit cannot be put out on him when he's so young, does not mean he cannot be wacked...he can.", it should be noted that I'm not saying it's ok to shoot them on sight without discussing with your superiors! I'm just saying, they can be.
Report Post Tip
Thank you Silhouette, and I have got all that so far about the names in their profiles which is why I said they are all in red unles they are over 48 hours or joined a family which changes their names to white in their profile and obituary. But this Gangster was killed by a different family for mugging while he was "online" before he got to be over 48 hours, which tells me after attending his funeral as a bystander that noone was able to kill him before he had mugged again and was around to be shot at the time because of his age. The question is, would he or would he not have showed up (with the new colour system) as red or blue in the obituary when he was killed.

And my problem whit this and what I would like to know Silhouette, is why cant there be a hit placed on them when they go against the system put in place by the Gods, it is said that when they mug they are no longer seen as innocent, so their age should not matter, and if you cant place a hit, is it because of their "innocence" and if it is, when they are killed, would they or would they not show up as red, because if they show up as blue in the obituary even when they have mugged. That would make any member of a family a liar in the eyes of their leaders, because of this new system, if blue means innocent even if a crewless Gangster has mugged, then we have a serious problem dont you think? lawl

I dont think anyone likes to be called a liar, but if I am correct, this would make anyone who has been mugged by a crewless Gangster who is under 48 hours when the Gangster is finally killed while under 48 hours.. a liar. And as PrinceOfCheese said, the member of a family would be punished, and that is basicaly for being mugged, because of this new colour system.

There's also the fact that a crewless Gangster can lie about being shot at while under 48 hours and then "Retire" without a colour showing up in the obituary which means we wont know if they had done something wrong or not, which can and will be a problem if it isnt already. Flangalina is one example, even though after looking at his profile and then at the obituary seeing that Asylum was red at the time of his death, which proved Flangalina right, this time. It doesnt mean that others would not use this to their advantage and the death of a family member.

Just a few thoughts on this colour system Silhouette, and how it could be a bad thing especially if if you cant hitlist them before they are 48 hours which means they are still "innocent" (or does it? that is really what I would like to know lawl) which in the obituary would mean Blue.

I dont know but, wouldnt it be easier if their profile showed, blue, red or white aswell?

Blue in profile = Innocent and under 48 hours.

Red in profile = Not innocent and under 48 hours.

White in profile = Meaning what it already does; Over 48 hours or member of a family even if below 48 hours.

Because I think alot of people will make the mistake of shooting someone when looking at just the name and seeing it in "red" and not looking at the dates of the profiles. Just another thought though. And if when someone who is crewless and retires, make it show if they were still blue or red when they retired both in profile and obituary? Because when looking at Flangalina, when he retired the name changed to white and was no longer red in profile even if he was still under 48 hours.
Report Post Tip
Dominick,

I did not put blue in the profiles because then that would be an invitation for wackhappy dirtbags to wack at anyone non-blue and just lie and say they got mugged by anyone that shows as non blue. It would actually increase the occurances of under 48 deaths (in my opinion)

This way, people can clearly see that someone is under 48. And after a 48 is killed, people can clearly see if the killer was full of shit or not :)

Another thing I hope people keep in mind and this doesnt back fire on us - is that a red is not a bad thing. If you mug your friend, or explore what the train feature is... it voids your blue, but doesn't mean you are... or should be.. targeted.

If reds start getting targeted and this system becomes more of a problem then a good thing, it will be removed.
Report Post Tip
Thank you Squishy, and seeing as you are one of the Gods sir, could you or are you able to tell me if not being able to hitlist someone who is under 48 hours means the crewless Gangster is still "innocent" and would show up as blue in the obituary if he is to die while under 48 hours?

And i'm not sure what you meant but, lawl.. I assume when you say the "train feature" you mean the shooting range :P lawl and not traveling :)

They're more protected this way, even though it does create some problems for the families when it comes to proving someone is right or wrong until someone is actually dead or a mugging statement is found if the case is mugging. My question above about the hitlist of under 48 hours Gangsters and mugging, if answered would probably remove some of that doubt in a member before a certain crewless is dead though :)

But you are right, it would increase the deaths of the people in red if it was to be put in profile as a negative thing; wacking or mugging even if the shooter was not the one who was mugged or shot at. Just pointing out that "Red" is already seen as a negative thing, since in the obituary it means they are not innocent lawl.

And to be honest, who would mug while a crewless Gangster? If they are mugging a friend, that friend should be kind enough to get their friend invited to a family first :P
Report Post Tip
I don't imagine it will, that was the idea of the initial warning, but as always I dare not presume.
Report Post Tip
Dom, regarding the under 48 hour gangster that mugged, he would definitely have shown as red and not blue in the obits if indeed he had mugged. That is, if my understanding of this whole thing is not wildly mistaken!

Regarding your point about an under 48hr Gangster lying about being shot, before retiring....even if it was changed so that they showed up blue/red on retiral, this may not fix the problem you raise. For example, if an under 48 lied to a CL saying that he had been shot at by one of the CL's members. It's still feasible for the under 48 to then retire and show as Blue (providing he's done nothing himself). The blue won't prove that he has not lied.

Finally, regarding the hitlist point, I don't believe the fact you couldn't hitlist them was related to their perceived "innocence" in terms of blue/red (clearly, the guy you couldn't hitlist was no longer "innocent" if he had mugged). I think that's just an age thing, though again I may be wrong. Maybe something for the gods to consider though?

I do also agree with your point that the fact red has different connotations depending on where you are viewing the name can cause confusion. However, as squishy points out, if they start distinguishing between "innocents" and "guilties" within the profiles of those still alive, they will effectively be creating targets for people that haven't grasped the meanings fully. The example being a guy who's done nothing wrong, but has started ranging. He'd show as red and people would think he's been upto something naughty, when he's not really.

(OOC - this thread also appears to have gone OOC, so apologies for any of that in my reply)
Report Post Tip
My apologies to PrinceOfCheese aswell for the OOC here, i'm still working on that lawl but it was kind of hard on this topic.

And Silhouette, you are right I forgot about that, the under 48 hour Gangster could have done nothing and show as blue when retiring, and wont prove that he has lied, good point. And another headache for our leaders to take care of :P lawl

I also agree like I told Squishy that making the red name in profile a negative thing would make more under 48 hours die, like you and Squishy have shown in your examples with the shooting range, which doesnt mean they are up to no good, but also take into cosideration that they can only use the shooting range when they reach the rank of Thug which is 12 hours and if they are still crewless by that time, the most important thing would be to use the 12 hours that they have left before Gangster should be to find a family and not wasted on a shooting range and making yourself a target in the process by removing your innocence, but that is my opinion on the training before you even join a family.

And the matter of the cost is also there, I dont remember but I believe it is 25K for Thug? Which would take some time for someone who does not know anyone here, and if they have friends and are not new to this place they would most likely be in a family already before using the shooting range.

But now we also get back to the whole Flangalina vs Asylum case (I feel like a lawyer lawl). Asylum used to be in a family, but was released and killed, and in the obituary it showed that he was red, which means he was no longer innocent which means he had used his gun, and it is very very difficult to prove you used the shooting range and did not shoot at anyone, especially like in that case, Asylum was red in the time of his death as crewless, and I dont really know what exactly was said, but i'm just using it as an example, so if Asylum had said he used the shooting range and Flangalina sent his leader a statement saying he was shot at by Asylum, there is no way to tell who out of those two was telling the truth. A good idea would be to get a statement of when you start the training in shooting range and a statement when it ends (which is up to the Gods aswell).

That could prevent the death of a "innocent" family member when accused of shooting at a under 48 hours Gangster or anyone for that matter, and could prove that a crewless is innocent aswell. Because it takes a long time before you can even use your gun again after training at the shooting range, and during that time you could not have shot at anyone which would prove you were not guilty of the accusations aimed at you.
Report Post Tip
Someone suggested just making all profiles under 48 just display blue to help reduce confusion.

Although, we could remove the color in the profiles and simply put (-48) next to the name, or something not involving color.

Ideas? Suggestions?
Report Post Tip
Izzy, I was going to tell you off for talking OOC but I decided to let it slide :D

To be honest, I can't see the confusion with the system you've implemented. Give people a while to get used to it, I think we're onto a winner. If people are still confused, although I can't see why they would be, then maybe think about all being blue but like I said, I like red and blue.

Vengence
Report Post Tip
I think that would help alot Squishy, and keep the gun happy from shooting before looking at the start dates, which would mean less under 48 hour deaths. I think its a good idea sir.
Report Post Tip
As Vengence says, it's a good system. I think the only confusion for people stems from the fact Red is also being used in profiles but it doesn't indicate non-innocence in that case, yet it does in the obits. As you say, (-48) or even a separate colour may make it clearer. Then again, I don't think it's hard to understand was people figure it out *shrug*.
Report Post Tip
Of course, I meant, "once people figure it out".
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Alert this is not a traffic light system
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL