Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 06:28:56
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
No Salesman Car Dealership Started by: Taraji on Mar 10, '22 04:16

The eloquently dressed man had been talking to Toby the man with the glass testicles when a man fell in through the door of his office. Well it wasnt really an office more a room that he kept Toby in, that was littered with the remain for deer carcasses and feathers. He recognised the out of breath man as Hobbs bodyguard number 19. Once recovering his breath the bodyguard muttered something about Hobbs, a business venture and Alina. 

"Who the hell does he think we are the better brothel bureau!" replied the stylish gentleman. Actually I must make a note of that. Could be useful in the future. The utterance of Alinas name brought Toby to life. Apparently the big softie had fallen in love with her. It seemed getting kicked in the balls was the nicest thing a woman ever said or did to him. Sad really. But there was no stopping him. Toby raced out the door and off down the street. 

"Where hes going" shouted the bodyguard. 

"To find Alina I imagine"

"Hes doesnt know where she is!"

"Oh he will sniff her out, we better get to the goat mobile and you can show me to Hobbs"

"Hes going to have a bloody hard time sniffing her out, she been into every disused building in the city and the country at this rate"

The two men jumped into the little cart outside. 

"Yaa, Yaa" cried the the will attired fellow as he whipped up the goats and they were off. Flying through the streets they narrowly missed Void who was lurking around the OAPs free meals centre looking for some scraps. 

Soon they arrived at a disused car forecourt. It was overgrown and clearly not maintained. 

"ah yes,  this is the natural habitat of a wild Alina, they thrive on this isolation and lack of human interaction. This would be the perfect place for her deluded mind to explore and create an alternative reality". 

The two men wandered inside where Hoobs was waiting with his other bodyguards. They were passing the time with a quick and of course casual game of duck, duck, goose.

"Gentlemen I have arrived" 

There was a bleat from behind him. He turned around. 

"You guys wait inside, I got this, Hobbs invited me here and I trust I will be safe in my own city"

The goats sheepishly turned and waited outside.

Report Post Tip

Hobbs busied himself projecting in his minds eye where he would store all his different vehicles in car lot. He'd have a Model T here. A Model T overthere another just underneath where the bush began in that part of the room. It would be a great place to be. He wasn't sure Alina would like that but when he looked for her she wasn't here. Strange he thought. Surely now company had arrived she'd want to see him. Plus Hobbs owed her an apology for stealing the Steak she'd casually ordered for an absentee Salvatore over in Philadelphia.

"I just think it'd be a great place for cars." Hobbs thought about telling his bodyguards but when the looked they'd moved on from Duck Duck Goose and looked like they were lining up for a good old fashioned game of Bulldogs.

"DON'T BREAK ANY BONES YOU IDIOTS"

Speaking of idiots, BBB walked into the room. Maybe he'd heard Hobbs wanted him.

"Ahh... BBB. Welcome. I can't believe you guys had this tucked away on your doorstep and didn't even say anything?! How many other hidden gems of businesses have you got hidden here? I just thought you guys had Toilets?"

Report Post Tip

"Greetings HobNob, its shit to see you as always. HobbyHorse sure spent a lotta time in Detroit for a man that hated it. But that had all been covered."

He wandered forward kicking stones and sticks out of his way. 

"So Hobblet, glad to see you are finding our hidden gems. Yes we leave these places empty. A lotta homeless people live in them and some other nutters like to visit who are living in the past". 

All of a sudden Toby burst into the building. Running around and frothing at the mouth. He then roared and sprinted out the door. Hobbs looked shocked. 

"Oh sorry hes looking for Alina" BBB said.

Hobbs smiled. 

"Arnt we all my friend, any ideas where she is?"

"I dunno, but he will find her. If you want. Come on quick into my goat cart and we can follow him and find her"

BBB ran off towards the goats 

Report Post Tip

When Alina arrived at the dealership there was quite a bit of commotion going on.  She ignored the fact that Hobbs got chauffeured around; she was more interested in the 180-200 bodyguards that surrounded him. She told Peter one of the salesmen if needed to mingle and pass the word our cars need no serviced or maintained.  They are brand new, hot off the press in mint condition.

She didn’t even care about Hobbs going on about just selling Model T cars.  Who in the fuck would want a Model T car?  She had to laugh to herself.  In May 1927 a ceremony was held to honor the end of production of the Model T.

First he needed to find some Model T cars and secondly find another place to sell them.  She couldn’t understand how a man of his caliber would want to come and try to muscle out a hard working business woman.

Report Post Tip

Hobbs was not a telepathic man but he did wonder if people thought he was mad to exclusively sell Model Ts. To some tshy was over twenty years ago, but to others it was only three years ago due to the wibbbly wobbly nature of the timestream they found themselves in.

Halting production would only make the cars more retro and desirable. 

Hibbs was not telepathic though so all these thoughts were largely irrelevant.

"GET YOUR FORD MODEL T.

THE FINEST MODEL AND LETTER AROUND.

BUY ONE GET ONE FREE. USE ONE TO MURDER BASKETBALLERS AND THE OTHER AS YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE."

Hobbs made sure one of his bodyguards were happy dressed as a car park whilst spinning a giant arrow. By the end of this venture he knew he'd be a millionaire.

Report Post Tip

Alina wasn’t a greedy person.  She believed in spreading the wealth, especially if it advantageous to herself.  If @Hoobs wanted to sell FORD MODEL Ts and perceived making millions it was cool with her.

But this was her car lot and dealership. She was not just going to let him sale cars here because he looks good.  Surely they could come to some type of agreement where he has to pay something. Whether it’s to lease space or commissions based on sales, she was willing to negotiate.  

Alina went into the office and called her lawyer Harry.  He was good and fair at negotiating contracts for her. She explained the situation, asked him to please stop, see what collaboration he would come up with to benefit the both of them.

Report Post Tip

Hobbs side of the abandoned Car dealership was immaculate. He'd cleared a lovely space and was awaiting the delivery of 180-200 Model T vehicles in a variety of different conditions. Hobbs hoped they'd survived the drive from Nevada where they'd been purchased. It was a long, long drive to Detroit.

"Make a note that next time we'll just set up a Car Dealership in Las Vegas" he said to his friend mannequin Johnny Sketches.

The car shipment was over two weeks late and Hobbs was not impressed. The cars limped onto the forecourt some smoking, some with clear flat tyres and some without windows even. This would be a long clean up operation, one he couldn't do whilst Alina sniffed around him like a dog looking for somewhere to urinate. 

"See if you can go distract Alina." 

He put a bowl of gumbo and some whisky on a bottle and wheeled the cart over to Alina to distract her whilst she was in the office on the phone.

"Ok fellas, what we need is a MONTAGE to get this place cleaned up. Who wants to start? It won't be me that's for sure. I'm a respectable Don."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Well Alina and Hobbs finally sat down, talked and Harry came up with a very lucrative business deal that would benefit the both of them.  Alina was the type of person that believed in sharing the wealth.  They agreed to allocate a location on the property for Hobbs to sale his  Ford Model Ts.

No amount of gumbo or whiskey could deter her from witnessing the disaster rolling up on her car lot.  

Where in the fuck did Hobbs get these cars from, some were hardly drivable she yelled at Harry.  Harry stood up and looked out of the window, shook his head then ran out to make sure they parked those vehicles in Hobbs designated location.

Alina had no idea what Hobbs was going to do with the huge mess that was rolling in.  He better have a good auto mechanic and a large garage because he was going to need it.  This was totally his responsibility.  Harry had the maintenance guys hang his sign up.

Hobbs

Ford Model Ts

Alina wanted to add “buy at your own risk” but prayed that Hobbs would fix them up.

Report Post Tip

Though it had served him for a long time Void's 2-wheeled love had finally broken down, reduced to a total loss because some Detroit goon had slammed his car into him, he was sure that had absolutely nothing to do with the unhealthy amount of steroids flowing in the driver's body. Though Void managed to get out unscathed the same couldn't be said about his means of transportation. How would he get around town now without his trusty old fold-up bicycle? He would have to walk like somekind of bicycle-less peasant. Disgusting.

Hearing about a car dealership nearby selling the finest vehicles that Detroit had ever seen, Void was attracted to it like the average Detroitian was to demon-worshipping as of late. When he arrived there he was impressed by the wide selection of vehicles to choose from.

"I have heard many promising things about the Ford Model T's that are rumored to be at sale here. But I'm not looking for a fancy schmancy car, what I need is a bicycle. The way I see it 2 wheels is enough and engines are for lazy people."

"I'm aware that it might be a bit of a stretch but do you lot sell bicycles here too?"

Report Post Tip

Just a goos'nn aroun't town, the bootscootin' bootlegger'th th'on carrie't onn in his own direction, walkinn'terduh beatz of his own tootsie'tweetz. The USS ZMSG found hisself smellin' a stank in the air his stomach just... had a hankeri'nn fer. The GunBrigadierHandCannon'z'near sail't wit' his 3 Pro Patrol Cruiser'z. The first wrote the book, the second had learn't through example, the 3rd become'z the excepti0n. The cruiz't paw-troll set sail'z amid'st'e'z gypt'seas. Toes of the soldiers twinkled, one of the PPC'z smell't'rd sum'fink around. Smell't'r bit like'n the smell of a durdy azz. Durrdy Azzez need spankinnz.

Amidst the calm, a dilapidate'd sloppy'jalopy scoot't around't'ey korner. The barrel of a Thum'Drum 1921 flow'n out the winder, who knew the klassik'z this well? It couldn't be another 1 sent from DelaWhere could'nt't? Sure'ly nah't. But maybe. Suddenly the silence of tension broke as the patrol ships set into motion. The rumble of the street'sweep't'r scepter klak't th'ruu duh street'z. The kunnz n konnz were gettin't it onn again. Bullet'z pelt't the wall'z of the surroundin'n buildin'z, but for some reason the tavern'n remain't un'kilt'rt. Somethin' deep was unfoldin'n 'ere. Neith'r of the 4 wander'r'z were prepare't for a hit attempt at a joint of kin. But respekt was still in the air, the DT businezz remain untather't in the winds of the mini war goin'n on outfrent their doorz. Head'z must've turn't inside the wallz, the sound of death rattlin' it's chain'z on everyone'z brainz with what was takin'nuh place. 

Someone'z bettin'n thurr, the HerdedTerd of his own Werd rattl't one for the many walls surroundin'n said sitch'. Scene was set for a rootin'tootin gun hootin' shootout. But which team ran thang'z here in Detroit, and who'z Godfather or Godmother was at war with who here?

The Fowlest Stench peek't'is 'ead roun't the mailboxx he found hisself dug-entoo. Lettin' 3 rip with his trust't 1911 from the port'r side vester collect'er, shots of the Hart'st Matter seem'ta matter to sum'n'nee'z men roun't 'es'ere'y partz. The 2nd shot clip't the wing of a DurdyBurd, starboard side shoulder. The 3rd shot hit port'r side neck, and the amount of blood that was spewin'n'at'err karr was astoundin'. Passenger side frontman was down, his 3 patrol'n shipz let fly with their own kannonz. Total of 7 shots, both shipz stood with their preffer't cannon holst'r'n'err'own kannonz. The gun in the back was down, no face becomes known to the dead. The driver somehow manage'th'a give the cruise't controller'z the slip. This wasn't enough for the GunBrigadiersGunnSunn. He immediately heel to toe dotsy'dough't his way into a dark green jalopyy of not-his-own and speedz off after the rundown jalopy that tried to give him the slappy2thaslip. But did he know how to dip?

Port'r side kannon still grip't it's kannon of the kunninn'. An entire clip't empty but the sloppy jalopy wasn't groovin' to the tune of death bein' crack't off. Instead it slew'd into a turn-off, a main road just ahead maybe this was the Durdyburd'z chance to fly away. But here in this moment of space and time being beautifully interwoven together, the English of the Hand Cannon's Barrel was the subject and the predicate. USS ZMSG tosses the port'r side gun from the port'r side vest into the passenger seat. As the HandKannon'ist'd up the starboard'd side holster'z kannon from the port'r side hand, USS ZMSG slid through the curve onto the main road, cuttin' into the middle lane. As soon as the port'r side hand was out the window, 7 shotz of a kunn'n konn'z freedom rung through the air, all 7 konnect't and the sloppy jalopy crash't int'er a wall. The stolen jalopy was prompt'r'ly return't and the whistlinn' tinker'er of Philly stood outside the intended destination smokin'n'on a freshly roll't from his own loom'n handz a kickerstick. 

Report Post Tip

Alina stopped by the dealership to check on how things were going. Harry her accountant and lawyer was in the office going over the books.  He told her sales were very good and no customer had any problems paying cash for their card, there were no complaints and some even requested help from the salesperson on the grounds. Alina made sure some were available because not everyone was familiar with the cars especially the ladies. He told her even some crazy person came in and bought one of Hobbs Ford Model Ts.  

Joseph one of the salespeople walked in and Alina asked how he was doing. He told her he was staying pretty busy. It seemed though people know they won’t be harassed by a salesperson some have a few questions about the cars.  He said he did have a strange incident the other day when a gentlemen name void was looking for a bicycle, he just directed him to Bob’s Bicycle Shop down the street.

Report Post Tip

Wanderin't aroun't the parkin' lot smokin' a kickerstick with yee ol' gigglin't puff, the Snot'o'Dee 'ee'ear'y 'ee'is followed the lass he recognized from visitin' his fatherz headquarterz. The Witcher'Tall'Stick follow't.

'scuze'n me ma'am, it appears I'm in need of some wheels.

The redeye't SWATterd took a drag from his spliff, pullin' his paddy cap back before shiftin' it around. Returnin'n the bow of his Bow to it's stern up't'n'er'ter'dee star'berd a bit. Must know his phylummz'drumm.

Report Post Tip

Alina stopped by the dealership to make sure Leonard took the Ferrari off the lot for Swarles. She got a sweet deal on that one she could pass on to him. 

It was rather hot when she arrived so there were was just a few people on the lot when she arrived.  Leonard was in the office just finishing his lunch. She asked him how things were going. He told told her he placed the Ferrari in a secure garage, Swarles could pick it up anytime he was ready. He also told her one of Hobbs Ford Model Ts sold but had to return the customer’s money with a tip for his inconvenience when leaving, ten minutes later it caught fire on Main Street.   

Report Post Tip

Swarles found himself in Detroit for another business adventure. This time, he was helping take care of some unruly kids that sprung up seemingly out of nowhere. It felt like this could take some time. In between meetings, he remembered Alina's generous offer on a car. That would be the perfect way to spend the day. He caught a taxi over to the No Salesman Car Dealership and grabbed the nearest employee he could find. They pointed Swarles in the direction of Leonard, who was sitting inside at his desk. 

"Leonard! Pleasure to meet you. The name's Swarles. I believe you have a vehicle waiting for me!" 

"Yes sir, right away," Leonard responded getting up from his chair. 

Swarles followed him to the secured garage and waited for Leonard to open it. As the garage door lifted, they were greeted with the sight of a beautiful Ferrari. It was a fantastic sight to see. Leonard turned and handed Swarles the keys, before retreating to the office. Swarles fired up the engine and listened to it purr. 

"Oh yeah, this will do nicely," Swarles muttered to himself. "That Alina sure has taste." 

Report Post Tip

While Alina was in Detroit taking care of some naughty NPCs she stopped by the dealership to see how it was going.

She was very happy to hear from Leonard that there weren’t any more incidences with Hobbs

Ford Model Ts.

He also told her that Swarles had stopped by, pick up the Ferrari she asked him to store away and was very satisfied with it, surely a woman pleaser he said.

Report Post Tip

Joseph Reynolds, Mai attorney and investor had secured a deal to purchase the No Salesman Dealership before it went on the market.

On the drive to the Dealership Mia voiced her concerns about owning one.  However she remembers how car salesmen’s can be very annoying and thought not to be bothered with any was a good concept.  Not only that she had no knowledge whatsoever about selling cars and relieved when Joseph told her all the cars were new and in tip top condition.

As she arrived met the staff and toured the lot of the dealership it was a fine operation except for the old Ford Model Ts section.  Leonard the manager told Mai that was a long story.  Once again she assured everyone that their jobs were secure and things would get better once the city is active again.

Just before leaving the dealership a new stock of cars arrived.  A siver blue BMW 503 Cabriolet caught her eye.  But she remembers she not going to go overboard with the luxury items.  But she couldn’t resist the fine dark red 1953 Buick Roadmaster Skylark.  She told Leonard she would purchase that one and make arrangement for it to be picked up and flown into Las Vegas.

Under new Management

Report Post Tip

"No, no, no, no. Absolutely not."

Hobbs threw away the "Under New Management" sign and stuck up a new sign "Continuing under existing management (Where existing management is still alive, not dead like Alina). It was quite a wordy sign, and not Hobbs best work but he was shocked to fly into the city after an exhausting week dealing with uprisings and rogues and takedowns and takedowns of the takedownees.

Hobbs could not allow this to stand.

He went over the fineprint of the contract he'd signed and saw he would indeed take full control of the car dealership in the event of the untimely demise of life partner Alina.

"Burn all those cars, boys. We sell nothing but Ford Model T's and Bicycles with bells for Void."

Someone whispered into Hobbs ears

"Good point, don't burn those cars. That's what arsonists do. Instead CRUSH them. Send them to car heaven where they can be crushed, sold to china and turned into something more useful."

Report Post Tip

Mai had more to concentrate on than this petty bullshit.  That’s the reason why her extremely competent attorneys and accountants made sure the dealership was highly insured.  Man goes berserk on the property; insurance company’s problem not hers.  She accepted the insurance settlement check, paid the employee one month’s salary.  She told them Hobbs is the insurance company’s problem now.  She would be in touch with a possible new location.

As she looked over the destruction created by Hobbs, she just shook her head. She remembered what she read going through her mother’s journals.  Her misconceptions about this Hobbs person seem almost frightening.  Why would she even want to befriend lest be the life-time partner of a man that who say “management is still alive, not dead like Alina, definitely a man who has little respect for women and the dearly departed.  Especially a women like her Mother, who couldn’t have been more in his corner.

Leonard took her to the private garage where her beautiful new fine dark red 1953 Buick Roadmaster Skylark was parked.  As she drove of the lot she just looked back and said “What a fucking mess.”

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Hobbs felt bad about how it ended with Alina. She was the one who got away. The one he wanted to be with but never had the courage to ask her. And how did he repay her? By stealing the Car Lot from her descendant. What a horrible man Hobbs was. He put a call into his attorney's and arranged for the paperwork to be updated. Then he called in a team of the finest manual labourers in all the land to clean the place up, trim back the bushes and remove the rusting and rotting Model T's from the forecourt.

Finally he put in a call to Mai to ask her to meet him here.

He was going to hand over the reins of the Dealership once and for all. Maybe this way he would be doing right by Alina were she to ever look down from Mafia heaven.

Report Post Tip

Mia made her way over to the Dealership to meet with Hobbs. She tried to introduce herself to him at his celebration but he was a very busy man and rightfully so,  it was his day.

When she arrived she sure wasn’t expecting what she witnessed. The lot was in mint condition, brand new shinny 1950s car were lined up and displayed beautifully and most impressive of all there were no old dilapidated Ford Model Ts on the grounds.

Mai couldn’t distinguish if her mother had feeling for Hobbs or not in her journals. All she knew that the relationship was a complicated one, but from what she had read they were life-time partners.

She wondered if Hobbs was sincere or just thankful she rescued his ass.  Success! Hobbs was set free.

Either way the place looked really nice and was Mai was relieved Hobbs wasn’t just a bitter man.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: No Salesman Car Dealership
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL