Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 20:52:22
Page:  1 
MR Fantasy Soccer Standings - Week 1 Started by: Roman on Aug 15, '11 22:55

As many of you know, MafiaReturns has a good-natured fantasy soccer league going through Metro.  I figured as one of the very, very, very few Americans playing in a UK dominated league I would update the masses in how everyone is doing, especially as I am one of very few Americans playing.

Without further ado, the Top 3 of the MafiaReturns league:

First Place

Roman Awesome Killer FC:  664 points
MVP: S. Aguero - 2 goals, 1 goal set up
Statement from the owner (Roman Goliath):  I knew we had something special in S. Aguero.  Even though he was listed as doubtful to play, I knew we could count on him in the clutch against mighty Swansea City.  People were calling them a darkhorse to move into the Premier League, but I knew that S. Aguero would play dominantly.  I feel bad for the rest of the division that they had to take a backseat to the American underdog this week.  With their bountiful wealth of knowledge on the game, I thought for sure we'd have a learning curve.  Turns out my initial hypothesis was correct:  MafiaReturns success is directly correlated to the success one can have in Premier League fantays soccer.

Second Place

North London Is Ours: 627 points
Statement from the owner (DanK):  N/A, owner passed out in street somewhere.

Third Place

Mischevious Unimportants: 542 points
Statement from the owner (SpuffWaffle):  N/A, recap is more interesting.

Recap:  In what was perhaps the most dominant week in Metro fantasy soccer since the week that Roman Awesome Killer FC was actually drafted, the Americans claimed top prize.  It was a stunning shot to the United Kingdom as teams from all over England and Scotland suffered terrible setbacks.  The early favorite, Grin's Grinchillas, were nowhere to be seen in the standings.  Rumor has it that their owner, Chuckle, is busy preparing his broadway play commemorating Richard Kuklinski as part of a side bet made with Roman Goliath.  We'll see you next week, unless Roman Awesome Killer FC is no longer in first place.

Report Post Tip

Don't forget the honorable mention (4th place) went to yet again another American who didn't know much before signing up for the league.

Report Post Tip

Its a marathon, not a sprint.

However, I shall admit I was stunned to see the American contingent do so well.

Roll on week 2 (of 38)

Report Post Tip

24th at 365 ah miserable play hope my team dose better. im also American haha.

Report Post Tip

Lol gallifry :) i wish i hsd enterd now looks fun :(

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: MR Fantasy Soccer Standings - Week 1
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL