Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 18:15:06
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Wack Bug (Updated) Started by: Squishy on Mar 17, '22 14:38

Everyone saying this is fair this is not fair. while at the same time laying blame on coders.

This was a circumstance of chance that happened. Yes coding was an issue apparently, but only coders and people who have have worked with coders know the headache that coding can be.

So let's be fair and say 

Okay a coding issue happened. It will be fixed it was already said it would be. Since the whole community is affected the simplest way to resolve the issue is say 

f*** and kick a few inanimate objects around, fix the issue and move on. I don't see any need to give people stats for compensation, or give the rogue another chance to cause mayhem. 

Acknowledge, fix and move on.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $280,000 Tip

I don't have any stakes whatsoever in this situation and reading about it via the news and announcements I have two things to say: 1) As a quality assurance engineer for software development I applaud the dev team for how open they are being about the situation. It isn't easy and often feels like it is an up hill battle in which you only lose. 2) The players commenting about the hours they invest into a singular character and suggesting compensation: name one other instance in which a software will provide a direct or 1-1 compensation? It isn't something that happens because it isn't practical. Any compensation or attempt to correct or stabilize a bug is impossible and will always leave one party lessened (I suspect the dev team is eating the loss and you don't even notice/realize). Very interesting situation to be able to be a fly on the wall for and I wish I had a line by line account of the details of the entire event.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Wack Bug (Updated)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL