Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 06:13:58
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Down and Dirty Detroit Bar Started by: Grace on Mar 19, '22 18:56

One of the problems that Grace had found with frequenting establishments in Detroit what were owned by common named people of her line of business, was that she tended to end up talking business, when all she wanted to do was get drunk, have a bit of a laugh and enjoy the evening. Having to keep her wits about her on a night out was the easiest way to ruin a decent night out, she found. Which is why upon her airplane landing in Michigan, she had enquired with the local real-estate agents into purchasing a property. "Nothing Fancy, high class or even something that most people would want to visit." Grace had said to the agent. 

Which is why she was now sat in a faded brick building tucked between a laundrymat and dog-groomers. No fancy neon lights on the sign, nothing really proclaiming what it was other than three D's over the door, hardly something anyone would notice if they weren't looking for it. The lights were dim, air smokey and at best the place was cleanish. The booths and chairs worn, tables battered and scarred from years of use. It was absolutely perfect for what Grace wanted when she wanted a night to herself. 

Behind the bar was Johnny, a lanky gentlemen who hadn't quite grown into his ears yet. He was quick to pour a beer or wine, and knew how to ask questions to get patrons to open up if they looked like they needed to talk. But he was also capable of keeping his mouth shut and just placing down drinks when requested. All in all, the perfect man to look after the place in her absence. Which was not tonight. Tonight she was here, and ready to have a few glasses of wine and let her hair down. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Bowie opens the door and walks in. He takes a seat at the bar. He orders a drink, Spiced Rum and Coke. "Hmm, Yes." he says taking his seat and awaiting someone to give him his damn drink.

Report Post Tip

Johnny wasn't the fastest bartender so he hadn't noticed Bowie enter the place. But Grace did, which is why she hopped up from her seat and gave a smile to the man, "Rum and coke, coming right up." She said as she tried to familiarize herself with the location of said rum and also alledged coke. One finding them she added a bit of ice and a fun pink paper umbrella to the glass and set it down in front of Bowie. "Ta-daaaaaah!" She proclaimed, doing a bit of Jazz-hand action for flare. "One rum and coke, for the good man." Grace said. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Grace said what she said and Bowie nodded before putting some home grown ice in the drink and sliding over $10 with a smile.

"Thanks for the drink, I have put ice in the cup. To make it cold... er."

Bowie drinks the drink and feels refreshed. Very liquidy.

Report Post Tip

Taken aback Grace watched the man place his own ice in the cup, "What?" She asked but not before reaching out for the ten-dollar-bill that had been paid out and quickly making sure it was tucked away in the register. "Why did you put your own ice in the cup?" She asked Bowie wondering if there was something wrong with their ice. Taking the plastic scoop and one of the drink trays she dumped out a healthy amount of ice and started inspecting it. 

Report Post Tip

Forgot why he brought his own ice and so opted to answer "I don't know why." before handing the drink back and ordering a new, fresh drink, with bar owned ice. "Please put ice in my cup." he requests. This was an odd situation, very odd indeed. What will Bowie do next, where will this adventure take him. His goal is unknown, his desires are questionable, but one thing is for certain... "I need to go pee, please." his bladder is weak.

Report Post Tip

Looking at the ice on the tray, the empty glass and then the ice in the container below the bar, Grace gave a little shrug and scooped some of the already out and ready ice from the tray into the glass. At the next announcement from the strange man, Grace looked up alarmed. "Bathroom is that way," She said pointing towards the weird area of the bar. There was a sign that said "BATHROOM" in large letters. "Careful, I haven't been in there to clean so who knows what you'll find." Grace said, placing the now filled with ice glass back in front of Bowie 

Report Post Tip

Bowie nods as he rises from the bar and goes to the bathroom. Momentarily returning to the bar with an Albianian man in his late 20's by his side. "I found this in your bathroom." he says, looking towards Fernando. "It's a lovely bathroom though. I like what you did with the piss stained carpet." he also says, looking on the bar for his ice filled cup.

Report Post Tip

Constipated just finishing up an errand and set out for his next line of business came across a new business. He looks at the time and shrugs why not. The place looked secluded enough to take a quick break. A shot and beer would do him some good. It's not often he engages in drinking midday. 

As he entered the establishment and was pleased with the poorly lit room. His eyes desperately needed a rest from lights. He walks up to the barkeep and placed his order. He placed a few bills on the bar and instructed the man to keep the change. He did not feel much like socializing. He grabs his order and finds a table in the corner. 

Report Post Tip

Big_Paul walked into The Down and Dirty Detroit Bar hoping for a decent dry martini. He sat at the end of the bar, facing the door and asked the barkeep for a gin martini, extra dry. When it arrived Big Paul took a small sip to test it. Meeting his expectations, Big_Paul sat back, relaxed as much as possible in a strange city, and enjoyed his martini.

Report Post Tip

Stefan was always a fan of bringing some business to Grace's business's he was also a fan of having a few drinks, although this wasn't one of the most fanciest bars Stefan had been in, he walked up to the bar and looked over to the bartender.

"I'd like a beer please" he asked politely as the man looked over.

The bartender walked over to the bar pump and poured a pint of beer and put it in front of Stefan, he proceeded to drink his drink and try to make small talk with the man behind the bar but he seemed uninterested. Stefan handed over $5 and then walked out of the bar

Report Post Tip

It had been some time since PlagueGuy was last in Detroit, and as per usual, he spotted one of Grace's establishments on one of the backstreets of the city. Although it looked rather...unappealing, PlagueGuy didn't mind. All he knew was he needed a drink, or at least something to get his mind of the stress of flying between three cities in a single day. Ironic he found himself sitting down in an offshore bar, despite wanting to move around more after sitting for fifteen hours straight.

He ordered up his usual whiskey preference: Jack Daniels with a little ice on the side. He slipped the bartender an extra few dollars and moved off towards a closed booth to finish up some paperwork.

Fingers firmly pressed into his forehead, an hour or so later he stood up and quietly exited the bar. He needed to keep moving, after all. He'd slept on the plane for the lengthy cross-coast overnight flight.

Report Post Tip

Earlier in the day, Gnash had experienced something that he could have lived without seeing in his lifetime, but in the life that he led, it was only a matter of time before something like that happened.

Sweating from the anxiety that he felt, Gnash stopped by the Triple D Bar and sat at the bar ready for a drink.  It wasn't long before the bartender noticed him and walked over. 

"What can I get 'cha, my good man?"  The bartender asked.

"I'll take some Jack Daniels, in a chilled glass, please."  Gnash said.

"You got it!"  The bartender exclaimed as he pulled a chilled glass from the fridge and set it in front of Gnash and measured a shot of Jack before pouring it in the glass.

Gnash took his swig and asked for one more before he headed to the next city over.  His comrades were in trouble with the law and Gnash had to head to the local jail of The Loop in Chicago to get them out of there.

Report Post Tip

Bowie sits in awe as he watches people come and go from the bar. Drinks served, conversations had, dreams created... All while he still stands in front of Grace, waiting to find out if he'd be able to keep Fernando or not.

Report Post Tip

After coming to from a little bit of binge drinking Joseph wandered downtown a little more looking for something to keep things keeping on. He saw a bar and took the short walk inside and over towards the bar. He saw his friend Grace there standing with some sort of attitude. 

"Well hello there. Can someone grab me a drink?" 

Report Post Tip

Stefan was back in DT for business, where else would he come other than Graces bar, The Down and Dirty Detroit Bar. He'd became a bit of a regular now, walking in trying to see if he recognized anybody, eagerly looking left and right, but it seems nobody who he knew was in at the moment.

Approaching the bar, Stefan looked up to the Bartender "The regular please" with a smile, as he began to sit down on a stool near the bar. The bartender looked at him "sure, I'll pour it now" he then turned his back and turned to the pump to pour a drink. With that Stefan sat back into his chair and relaxed while the bartender was pouring his drink.

Report Post Tip

Feeling very ignored by Grace and honestly quite disappointed with the lack of customer service he was given, Bowie turned and looked to Stefan sitting at the bar and asked "Do you mind if I keep this guy? I found him in the bathroom..." while pointing at the small Albianian man standing next to him. "Said his name was Fernando or something..."

Report Post Tip

Stefan sat in his chair and overheard bowie talking to him, he laughed and replied "I mean... Sure he's not mine" and with that he shrugged his shoulders. "You might wanna check with Grace though, she usually has all kinds of magical and mysterious people working for her"

With that he turned to the bartender "I'd like another beer please, and whatever Bowie is drinking as well thank you!" with a polite yet charming tone of voice.

Report Post Tip

Faced with the sudden challenge of figuring out what drink he'd like to have, Bowie froze up. A second felt like a lifetime as he tried to think, sweat dripping from his forehead, legs weak, arms spaghetti, when suddenly...

"Hé Táké á Él Rúm ánd Cóké." Fernando speaks up, for the first time in all known history. A slow look of shock and terror spreads across Bowie's face as he glares at Fernando, then to Stefan, then back to Fernando, then to Stefan, then finally... To the bartender.

A single nod is given, signalling that Bowie did indeed desire the drink spooled into reality by he who is known as... Fernando.

Report Post Tip

Lorenzo finished up with the lads in the Fire Bar and made his way out. He wanted to stroll around and get some fun and see what the night city was about. He stumbled upon the Down and Dirty Detroit Bar. 

It was new for what he was seeing...The place felt like it was hit by a Atom Bomb and everyone left everything the way it is - Antique type and continued with it. 

As he walked in, he saw the chairs and ambience and much to his surprise he wasn't disgusted by it but understood what the owner was trying to achieve with this kind of a decor and interior finish. 

Went over to the bartender and ordered himself a Bourbon and Joey sat next to him and got himself on

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Down and Dirty Detroit Bar
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL