Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:42:13
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Tips for finding a person Started by: Ivory_Ice on Apr 07, '08 16:37
It'd be great to be able to go under the tips and bribe a rat to tell you where some one is, I don't think it should be reliable, maybe said rat will randomly lie, misunderstand or play stupid, but all the same, every so often he'll tell you something juicy...

"Hey, remember that one dude you were looking for earlier, I have a lead on him, He was seen leaving LA." or "I have a lead on him, so and so said he's staying at a hotel in New Orleans" Might pop up in your personals with in 48 hour after you pay the rat, whether it's a truth or not is up to how much you paid, and how lucky you are.
Report Post Tip
I like this idea! very good!

The rat could give you an indication that he might be leaving the city ie the person has only 10min left in the city so the rat could say "not sure how long he will still be there" or he is on his way to the airport or something.

first impressions are good! suprised he hasn't been thought of before
Report Post Tip
VERY good idea :)
Report Post Tip
It might also be reversed, you might be able to bribe a rat to forget you, maybe even lie about you unless the other person tops your bid (which shouldn't be revealed, makes it harder to pay a dollar more then the guy your looking for...) so if your a rogue say, or a CL in a war you can pay a bit of cash so others can't find you...

If you pay to hide, a personal might pop up if some ones asking about you and not paying enough, "Hey, joey, word is your being looked for, you might want to make yourself scares." Might be interesting to be able to pay to vanish from the locals listings to. Would make hunts and wars VERY interesting.
Report Post Tip
I like this idea - I'm not sure if paying to hide or get the rat to lie for you would be worth it, in the case of a rogue, I know I'd confirm sightings with my family before moving in.

That being said, I think the initial idea is golden.
Report Post Tip
I think this is a brilliant idea, very good thinking and the best idea ive seen in ages.

Also, i think there should be a possibility of that person finding out who is looking for them, maybe you can offer the rat more money and they tell you who the person is.

I don't know, but im sure this idea can lead on to a really good addition. :D
Report Post Tip
Good idea. I like it.
Report Post Tip
I also think this is a great idea, not sure if it's hard to implement from a coding perspective as it is in 'real time'. I.E. if you are looking for locals on someone active.

Like this idea though and it would be excellent if this could be brought into play.
Report Post Tip
Good idea, ivy your amazing
Report Post Tip
Wow i like it! This would also help take moer money out of the game which seems pretty important at the moment.
Report Post Tip
well why would you be looking for someone?

The only reason that pops into my mind would be like you stated,rogues or wartime.

If you have ever been involved in a war or in any dealings eliminating a rogue.Asking for a TIP that is not 100% gauranteed is just plain silly and not very wise.

We all know that during these times there are family members in every city to have quick access to who is there.

Flight times,prowack times and shot times are known very quickly as well.Any info you could possibly get from a tip is useless and a waste of money and time.

I think the coders could use their skills for better purposes than this.
Report Post Tip
It could be an actuall person that is the rat where they know where they are
Report Post Tip
It's gpt my seal of approval....if that means anything :)
Report Post Tip
I really like this suggest i think it is great.
Report Post Tip
My only issue is that there are not enough places to hide as it is. Rooting out the location of someone with the click of a button is pretty effortless. Asking a friend is not as effortless, but finding the location of anybody is still relatively easy. Going along with the idea though, it would be better implemented if say the rat would warn the person you are trying to find. That would clue them in that you are on the hunt for them thereby not letting this action be too one sided. However, until there are more locations to hide, I don't see this being a worthy feature. BUT for the next version this could surely be a possibility. It will be a lot harder to find someone so depending on how it works out it could be a necessary feature.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Tips for finding a person
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL